Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban Meyer to coach Ohio State next year. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucman

Hall of Famer
: November 18, 2011, 09:26:04 PM

Its a done deal pretty much. Just waiting till the end of the year to make it official. Urban bought Kirk's house in Columbus earlier this year which pretty much started the rumors, which in a sense still are rumors of him becoming the HC next year. But a handshake agreement is in place.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 18, 2011, 11:32:41 PM

He'd be dumb to ever coach again.  He'll never have Tebow and Harvin again.  He'll never do better than 2 titles in 3 seasons. 

He walked away from UF at the perfect time.  Also, going back to coaching will make his "spend more time with my family" look even more like a joke than it already does.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 18, 2011, 11:40:24 PM

He'd be dumb to ever coach again.  He'll never have Tebow and Harvin again.  He'll never do better than 2 titles in 3 seasons. 

He walked away from UF at the perfect time.  Also, going back to coaching will make his "spend more time with my family" look even more like a joke than it already does.
Ohio State has long been his "dream job". I agree the whole family stance is stupid. But money talks. He also said this is the one job his wife has no veto power over. He also loves Braxton Miller and feels the current staff is misusing him.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2011, 12:14:41 AM

In unrelated news:  F Paul Rhoads.  Why can't he just leave #2 teams alone?  :)

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 19, 2011, 12:19:16 AM

In unrelated news:  F Paul Rhoads.  Why can't he just leave #2 teams alone?  :)
How bout them Kent State Golden Flashes  ;D

A2Buc

Practice Squad
#5 : November 19, 2011, 09:05:42 AM

I think it's a bit premature to say that Urban Meyer has already secretly accepted the job. Also, I think its clear from his initial Florida contract that his top jobs were Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. I doubt Urban would take the job without first knowing the sanctions Ohio State will face. I would be comfortable hiring a coach Michigan has beaten in the past.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 19, 2011, 10:34:08 AM

yeah ill believe this when i see it. OSU is still facing unnamed sanctions. no big name coach would walk into that mess without first knowing what is going to happen. meyer can most likely pick any job he wants so hes got the opportunity to wait

ranman

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 19, 2011, 11:06:00 AM

Ha, yes the rumors are swirling.  My fave next to herbstreit coming in as asst would be the night of the 29th, Duke bb at home, he gets introduced to the home crowd.
Maybe he could promise a win against an sec team since the Michigan wins have become ho hum...l

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 19, 2011, 02:15:38 PM

this is too funny.  My parents are huge Ohio State fans and absolutely hate Meyers.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 19, 2011, 03:10:21 PM

This guy turned Josh Harris and Alex Smith into Heisman hopefuls before he had Tebow. I don't think he'd have any trouble recruiting at Ohio State, unless the sanctions prove to be too stiff.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 19, 2011, 03:41:03 PM

This guy turned Josh Harris and Alex Smith into Heisman hopefuls before he had Tebow. I don't think he'd have any trouble recruiting at Ohio State, unless the sanctions prove to be too stiff.

His first NC was with Chris Leak at QB, Tebow hardly played.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 19, 2011, 04:13:18 PM

Ha, yes the rumors are swirling.  My fave next to herbstreit coming in as asst would be the night of the 29th, Duke bb at home, he gets introduced to the home crowd.
Maybe he could promise a win against an sec team since the Michigan wins have become ho hum...l
Ranman, one the reasons Meyer was able to buy Kirk's house is because of the death threats he received when he made a comment about Tressel. I doubt he would take a job here after that.

As for sanctions at most Ohio State could probably face a 1 year bowl ban and no big name coach is going to pass on a school for a one year ban. Ohio State is pretty confident the self imposed sanctions will be enough for the NCAA to not impose more. But we should know by mid December.

A2Buc

Practice Squad
#12 : November 20, 2011, 06:50:12 AM

Ranman, one the reasons Meyer was able to buy Kirk's house is because of the death threats he received when he made a comment about Tressel. I doubt he would take a job here after that.

As for sanctions at most Ohio State could probably face a 1 year bowl ban and no big name coach is going to pass on a school for a one year ban. Ohio State is pretty confident the self imposed sanctions will be enough for the NCAA to not impose more. But we should know by mid December.

Ohio State's self-imposed sanctions were a joke. You can count on the NCAA adding sanctions in their final report.

When Michigan had it's nonsense case, they completely worked with the NCAA and the NCAA still added an extra year of probation.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 20, 2011, 07:58:13 AM

Ohio State's self-imposed sanctions were a joke. You can count on the NCAA adding sanctions in their final report.

When Michigan had it's nonsense case, they completely worked with the NCAA and the NCAA still added an extra year of probation.
They suspended Posey for almost his entire senior season, they added a game or 2 to Herron's suspension. Reduced scholarships by 5. Those really aren't a joke and I highly doubt they get a bowl game ban.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 21, 2011, 03:53:48 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7265672/urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-offer-job-decision-make

They suspended Posey for almost his entire senior season, they added a game or 2 to Herron's suspension. Reduced scholarships by 5. Those really aren't a joke and I highly doubt they get a bowl game ban.

Those are jokes, just like the "We'll let you play in the Bowl Game if you promise to come back and take your suspension" was a joke.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban Meyer to coach Ohio State next year. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools