Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: M.Lewis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#15 : November 20, 2011, 05:33:17 PM

I have seen Lewis play much better, but to improve a guy has to play in practice and games.  He stays hurt - that won't cut it.
^My thoughts

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 20, 2011, 05:33:22 PM

Mack > Lewis
I never thought I would ever say that.

Mack > Lewis & Biggers

At this point Biggers needs to benched in favor of Mack. Lewis is a professional cheque stealer. Wasted a third round pick on that scrub.

hahahaha right on the money again..lmfao

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 20, 2011, 06:27:09 PM

I have NEVER seen Lewis make a good NFL play in his time here. NOT ONE. With Mack already having an INT and Biggers at #3, WHY the H... was Lewis even in the game? Totally baffling to me! That last TD and his earlier hold on 3rd down (also vs Nelson, who wasn't even targetted on that play) really killed any chance we had.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 20, 2011, 06:52:06 PM

I have NEVER seen Lewis make a good NFL play in his time here. NOT ONE. With Mack already having an INT and Biggers at #3, WHY the H... was Lewis even in the game? Totally baffling to me! That last TD and his earlier hold on 3rd down (also vs Nelson, who wasn't even targetted on that play) really killed any chance we had.

that hold lost the game for us..down by two and with momentum ..we get the stop on third down only to be negated by that stupid hold on Nelson...

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 20, 2011, 07:00:41 PM

Well last year vs Detroit he had a pass breakup at the end of regulation to make sure that the Lions didn't score and win. Other than that he's been either injured, or doing nothing when he's in.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 20, 2011, 07:17:33 PM

This guy is **CENSORED**ing terrible. Good athlete but good at nothing football wise. He's another guy that if we dropped today, not a single person would pick him up.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 20, 2011, 08:29:12 PM

i dont think he has played enough for anyone to know what type of player he is.  I dont like leaving him out there 1 on 1 either but he is young guy who needs reps.  He is never going to get better if he doesnt play.  If he continues to stink up the joint then you can cut him and move on in the offseason. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 20, 2011, 08:33:45 PM

I cannot fathom that we bltized and left Lewis isoed with a WR in that scenario.
That one left me staring blankly as well Dal.  Just wondering how the call could include that

Just like when a zone blitz drops a DL into coverage, the design of the play was for Lewis to only have to cover Nelson for a very short time to prevent the QB from getting the ball out before the blitz hit him.  Unfortunately the blitzers never got there.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 20, 2011, 08:40:45 PM

i dont think he has played enough for anyone to know what type of player he is.  I dont like leaving him out there 1 on 1 either but he is young guy who needs reps.  He is never going to get better if he doesnt play.  If he continues to stink up the joint then you can cut him and move on in the offseason.

basically..

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 20, 2011, 08:55:03 PM

It was third and like 7. Morris did not think the Packers were going to go for the HR in that situation. Most teams run short routes to move the chains but GB said hell with that, we're attacking #23 b/c he is bad.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 20, 2011, 10:09:17 PM

It was third and like 7. Morris did not think the Packers were going to go for the HR in that situation. Most teams run short routes to move the chains but GB said hell with that, we're attacking #23 b/c he is bad.

that's prolly the smartest thing you've ever said ...you make perfect sense with that statement..i would do the same

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 20, 2011, 10:25:38 PM

Doesn't matter, if you blitz and leave him one on one with Nelson then if it is s slant you have the same issue because Nelson will run to the flag a lot faster than Lewis. Plus, in that scenario, the first down alone is a problem because the Pack are really just trying to extend their lead.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 20, 2011, 10:50:02 PM

No problem with Lewis getting reps, but NOT on 3rd down, or in the 4th quarter of a tight game either. Early in the game on 1st or 2nd down, fine. He's not shown me he can be relied on.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#28 : November 20, 2011, 10:54:12 PM

Lewis and Biggers are TERRIBLE, at least Talib had a good day.  CB is definitely a huge priority this offseason.  I know Biggers has his share of defenders on this board, and while his coverage is usually tight, it doesn't matter if the WR still makes the play despite Biggers being right on their hips...and unfortunately that happens WAY WAY too frequently.  If I was a QB and the game was on the line, id throw to who ever Biggers is defending, doesn't matter if its the 6th string waterboy...Bigs can't stop anyone.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 20, 2011, 11:02:13 PM

I thought Lewis replaced Biggers on that series. Biggers was so bad that, if he wasn't replaced, he should have been. Why this guy has any support I have no idea. Not that the Bucs have an able replacement but Biggers is not a starting caliber NFL CB.

The problem with the play was Lynch didn't get there. I don't know what he was doing but it ended up being nothing.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: M.Lewis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools