Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suh is an idiot « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 25, 2011, 12:11:20 PM

Ndumbukong Suh. All the talent in the world but really displayed a complete lack of brain cells by committing that. Hope the commish slaps him with a suspension for the rest of the season to teach him a lesson. That sort of play has no place in the NFL and sets a bad example to the kids watching.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 25, 2011, 12:12:57 PM

not a big Suh fan but if it was 40 years ago they would be talking hall of fame for him, we would be watching highlights of him on NFL Film's Greatest "fill in the blank" of all time right now. unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you see it), football has changed from the time of my youth.

I'm sorry, but that's just not right. Nobody gets praised for being great by taking cheapshots after the whistle has blown. During the play, yeah, that would've fine. But when action has stopped and you're still slamming a guys face into the ground and stopping on him, nobody would call him a 'hall of famer' for something like that. There's a difference between dirty during the whistle and just being a jackass after one, even people 40 years ago would've realized that.
Feel free to check videos of HOFers throwing punches, kicking... or running through pre-game warm-ups of other teams... kicking over pylons, and creating fights...
: November 25, 2011, 12:15:21 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : November 25, 2011, 12:27:21 PM

I wouldn't say that Suh is as bad a character individual as Blount, but his actions against the Packers were di**CENSORED**able.    This isn't the 60's where guys like **CENSORED** Butkus are allowed to take cheap shots at guys on the field.   Blount's sucker punch crap AFTER THE GAME was far worse though.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 25, 2011, 12:33:32 PM

After that kick against the Packers then he followed the ejection by arguing with his head coach, I lost respect for Suh as a person.   The guy is obviously half nuts on the field.   That's the kind of guy you want for a NT though...

This is hilarious from the same guy who complains at every opportunity that Blount is a thug, and should be cut from the team.

You have an obvious prejudice against the Bucs when condone behavior like this and condemn our players for much less serious infractions.

He clearly wasn't condoning it.  He said he understands that a mean streak isn't always a bad quality in a nose tackle (which Suh isn't, by the way), but he still lost all respect for the guy.  It's one of the most resonant things I've seen Java post.

I guess I didn't make my point clear. Java can justify keeping a dirty player on any roster in the NFL except the Bucs. The key word is KEEPING. Nobody can condone dirty play, not even Java, but he makes excuses for Suh and wants Blount cut. What Blount did was in retaliation for a taunt, three years ago, while on a different team, in a different league. People still argue whether it was even a cheap shot. There is no argument about what Suh has done REPEATEDLY. This was not an isolated incident. To Blount the game is a battle. He knows when to stop. To Suh the game is a war, and he clearly doesn't. He gets frustrated and tries to injure his opponent. That's not acceptable. Albert Haynesworth has had incidents like that in the past. As long as they remain in the past, I have no problem with him being on the team. If it becomes an issue again, cut him.  I believe we have enough talent on the DL to compete without injuring opposing players.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#19 : November 25, 2011, 12:34:14 PM

I wouldn't say that Suh is as bad a character individual as Blount, but his actions against the Packers were di**CENSORED**able.    This isn't the 60's where guys like **CENSORED** Butkus are allowed to take cheap shots at guys on the field.   Blount's sucker punch crap AFTER THE GAME was far worse though.

Not a bad character?!  The man has a history of dirty play, damn near leads the league in personal fouls, and fines on top of that, and he's not bad character?
Good grief dude.

Stomping on someone is equal to kicking a man while he's down, then lying about it on national tv shows a great lack of respect.
I agree what Blount did was childish and immature, but at least he owned up to it.
: November 25, 2011, 12:36:15 PM Sailing2smth

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 25, 2011, 12:35:11 PM

This is too ridiculous to even argue.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 25, 2011, 12:40:00 PM

Not a bad character?!  The man has a history of dirty play, damn near leads the league in personal fouls, and fines on top of that, and he's not bad character?
Good grief dude.

Stomping on someone is equal to kicking a man while he's down, then lying about it on national tv shows a great lack of respect.
I agree what Blount did was childish and immature, but at least he owned up to it.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 25, 2011, 12:41:10 PM

I don't think Haynesworth is as bad as Blount.   But Hayesworth is as bad as Suh.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 25, 2011, 12:42:18 PM

After that kick against the Packers then he followed the ejection by arguing with his head coach, I lost respect for Suh as a person.   The guy is obviously half nuts on the field.   That's the kind of guy you want for a NT though...

This is hilarious from the same guy who complains at every opportunity that Blount is a thug, and should be cut from the team.

You have an obvious prejudice against the Bucs when condone behavior like this and condemn our players for much less serious infractions.

He clearly wasn't condoning it.  He said he understands that a mean streak isn't always a bad quality in a nose tackle (which Suh isn't, by the way), but he still lost all respect for the guy.  It's one of the most resonant things I've seen Java post.

I guess I didn't make my point clear. Java can justify keeping a dirty player on any roster in the NFL except the Bucs. The key word is KEEPING. Nobody can condone dirty play, not even Java, but he makes excuses for Suh and wants Blount cut. What Blount did was in retaliation for a taunt, three years ago, while on a different team, in a different league. People still argue whether it was even a cheap shot. There is no argument about what Suh has done REPEATEDLY. This was not an isolated incident. To Blount the game is a battle. He knows when to stop. To Suh the game is a war, and he clearly doesn't. He gets frustrated and tries to injure his opponent. That's not acceptable. Albert Haynesworth has had incidents like that in the past. As long as they remain in the past, I have no problem with him being on the team. If it becomes an issue again, cut him.  I believe we have enough talent on the DL to compete without injuring opposing players.
You seem to have missed Blount throwing hands in Titans camp, and his episode in the recent Texan game iirc.  Otherwise you would be looking to cut Blount? 

I have no excuse for Suh's conduct - but he suffers only slightly in the comparison to Blount.  Don't let your disapproval of the poster carry your response beyond where it might otherwise be.  Just my .02

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 25, 2011, 12:50:13 PM

Do we as Buc fans have much to talk about? I mean, Tampa did just sign "stomp on head" Albert.

Although, it does say a lot about Suh if he's already getting that kind of rep.

Of course, it could just be a sign of the times. In the 80's he would've been one out of many (just w/o the bad rap) imo.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 25, 2011, 12:50:37 PM

I don't think Blount is a bad character guy.  Maybe a guy with a short fuse and easily frustrated, but not an as$hole or anything like that.

bill_kir

Starter

#26 : November 25, 2011, 12:53:05 PM

not a big Suh fan but if it was 40 years ago they would be talking hall of fame for him, we would be watching highlights of him on NFL Film's Greatest "fill in the blank" of all time right now. unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you see it), football has changed from the time of my youth.

I'm sorry, but that's just not right. Nobody gets praised for being great by taking cheapshots after the whistle has blown. During the play, yeah, that would've fine. But when action has stopped and you're still slamming a guys face into the ground and stopping on him, nobody would call him a 'hall of famer' for something like that. There's a difference between dirty during the whistle and just being a jackass after one, even people 40 years ago would've realized that.

you're right. i'm sure there was no extra-curricular activity after the whistle blew 40 years ago. what was i thinking. i'm sure once the whistle blew Mean Joe Green, Deacon Jones, Jack Tatum and the likes just stopped, gently helped the guy up, brushed off his jersey, slapped him on his butt and said "way to play"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 25, 2011, 12:59:44 PM

and that continues to this very day bill kir.  To this very day.  And not too far out of the bucs past with Dirty Red, Sapp and friends....

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 25, 2011, 02:56:10 PM

There's an old saying that two wrongs don't make a right. Well, I didn't want McCoy. I wanted Suh badly. But clearly BOTH were bad options, for opposing reasons. As I said a year ago, if McCoy has the more lasting legacy, then we win. So if McCoy comes back next year and is good and lasts longer than Suh, good job.
But the guy FEW of us wanted, Pierre-Paul was probably the best pick at that spot. I can't second guess MD for not picking Pierre-Paul. But that would have been the pick that helped us most.

In Verner We Trust

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 25, 2011, 03:11:34 PM

You seem to have missed Blount throwing hands in Titans camp, and his episode in the recent Texan game iirc.  Otherwise you would be looking to cut Blount? 

I have no excuse for Suh's conduct - but he suffers only slightly in the comparison to Blount.  Don't let your disapproval of the poster carry your response beyond where it might otherwise be.  Just my .02

Players fight in camp all the time.

Blount's extreme hands to the face penalty happens all the time.

Blount doesn't compare at all to the crap that Suh pulled yesterday alone. But then add to the fact that Suh is having so
many problems staying in line that he and his coach paid a visit to the commish's office to find out what he could and
couldn't do. Hilarious. Hey, maybe RG told him head slamming and foot stomping were OK?

And while some of the dirty stuff still goes on, it happens in the pile, where we and the refs can't see it. Not only is Suh a goon
but he is also too dumb to realize everybody could see what he was doing. And then gave the ridiculous explanation. The stomping part is so far over the line and a suspension will come for it.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suh is an idiot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools