Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011-2012 NBA Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 27

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

: November 26, 2011, 12:59:23 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7281052/nba-owners-players-tentative-agreement
So looks like Basketball will start on Christmas with some good games and a 66 game schedule for this season. What team do you root for?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 26, 2011, 01:23:43 PM

Cavs. I'm just looking forward to see what our rookies Irving and Thompson can do. Hopefully both can live up to their draft position. Did they add the amnesty cut again? If so we made out like a bandit in that Clippers trade. Get the #1 pick for Mo and Moon basically.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 26, 2011, 01:40:42 PM

I'm not sure what they added, I'm just glad they got a deal together lol. Yeah I think Irving should be good ,don't really know the supporting cast. I'm a Nuggets fan, hopefully one our young good players can take the next step.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 26, 2011, 04:59:22 PM

Oklahoma City vs Miami Finals would be great.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 26, 2011, 10:43:34 PM

I suspect the massive yawn that they were getting from the fans showed both sides they couldn't loose a season and have much revenue to come back to fight over.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 26, 2011, 10:50:33 PM

I'm not sure what they added, I'm just glad they got a deal together lol. Yeah I think Irving should be good ,don't really know the supporting cast. I'm a Nuggets fan, hopefully one our young good players can take the next step.
Irving better be good. That draft class was one of the weakest ones in years. He was pretty much the prize of the draft, then Derrick Williams. Next class is loaded with talent. Pretty sad thats all I have been looking forward to already.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#6 : November 27, 2011, 04:36:43 PM

I didn't even realize the NBA was not going on...

Let me know when the playoffs start and the players actually play. Regular season basketball and hockey is meaningless and almost unwatchable.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 27, 2011, 04:57:54 PM

Didn't expect the deal to get done but I'm glad it did.....I especially love the amnesty clause...good bye to either Hedo or Arenas, I'll be happy with either getting the boot. There's going to be A LOT of talent available once all 30 teams make their amnesty cuts. Starting on the 9th it's going to be insanity with camps and FA going on at the same time.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 27, 2011, 07:07:18 PM

The NBA is a pathetic excuse for sports entertainment.

I enjoyed not having to watch NBA highlights on TV, now that they are coming back, I hate the NBA even more than before.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 28, 2011, 01:18:55 AM

Didn't expect the deal to get done but I'm glad it did.....I especially love the amnesty clause...good bye to either Hedo or Arenas, I'll be happy with either getting the boot. There's going to be A LOT of talent available once all 30 teams make their amnesty cuts. Starting on the 9th it's going to be insanity with camps and FA going on at the same time.
Wizards are gonna be happy to cut Shard Lewis I'm sure.  Some teams are gonna have a rough time finding out which terrible contract they wanna get rid of (Pistons).

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 28, 2011, 08:06:29 AM

I hope they do cut Rashard and the Magic bring him back for cheap. If we amnesty Gil I wouldn't be opposed to the Magic making a run at David west. Let Rashard play at his more natural SF position again and put West next to Dwight. Offer the world to NO for Paul and you've got a legit team.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 28, 2011, 08:45:14 AM

Just read how the amnesty system will work. Looks like it will be a waiver type system...teams below the cap will be allowed to essentially bid on amnestied players. The players former team will be responsible for paying the remaining amount of the contract. Players who don't receive an offer will become free agents, not sure how long they have to wait though. This works against teams like Miami who were looking to scoop up veteran players for cheap to fill out their roster....as they aren't going to be allowed to make offers until all teams under the cap do so first.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 28, 2011, 02:06:22 PM

Just read how the amnesty system will work. Looks like it will be a waiver type system...teams below the cap will be allowed to essentially bid on amnestied players. The players former team will be responsible for paying the remaining amount of the contract. Players who don't receive an offer will become free agents, not sure how long they have to wait though. This works against teams like Miami who were looking to scoop up veteran players for cheap to fill out their roster....as they aren't going to be allowed to make offers until all teams under the cap do so first.
So if the player isn't claimed is the team owed him the whole contract? Cavs really don't have any terrible contracts, Davis will only be here one more year after his and Jamison is expiring. Would be interesting to see where players go.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 28, 2011, 02:54:18 PM

Yes, if a player isn't claimed the team still has to pay him the entire contract...it just doesn't count towards the cap. Davis is a player I've read (there's even an article with him commenting on it) is going to be an amnesty cut. The cuts don't have to take place this offseason though, they can happen anytime throughout the life of the new CBA (as long as the contract was signed before the previous CBA expired)...at least so I read.

As for the Magic, my new hope is that we can somehow convince Arenas to terminate his contract through his player option next offseason, and use the amnesty on Hedo instead. That would free up enough cap room for the Magic to sign a max player next year without having to make a trade, with room left over for another solid player or two. I think it's the only way we keep Dwight, we just don't have the pieces to land  CP3 or Deron Williams with what we have to offer.
: November 28, 2011, 02:56:14 PM Escobar06

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 30, 2011, 05:41:37 PM

Would Orlando take Brook Lopez + fillers for DH12 + Hedo?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 27
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011-2012 NBA Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools