Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011-2012 NBA Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#390 : August 10, 2012, 07:53:19 AM

from all reports, the trade is odd right now.  almost like the Magic waited for a better deal while the offers dried up.  but like escobar said there might be more players dumped we dont know about yet.

either way, at least they got the headache out of town.  and 3 low 1st round picks are still 1st round picks, they still have value.

Feel free to research those 20-30 picks from the last FIVE years.   Worthless.  Rondo is the only great player.  There are a few spot role players but your chances of doing anything with those picks is VERY VERY low.

The magic just got raped and it is pretty pathetic having been a Magic fan since their inception.  Letting Shaq and now Howard leave is inexcusable.  The Devos family should sell because they suck at ownership.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#391 : August 10, 2012, 08:59:45 AM

I know it's totally classless to root for a player to be injured.  But this time, I'm not sure I can resist the temptation to hope that Dwight's back is never 100% again.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#392 : August 10, 2012, 01:29:50 PM

Trade was garbage, no other way to put it. Hopefully we draft the next best player in the NBA so we practically give them away again.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#393 : August 10, 2012, 01:48:50 PM

Trade was garbage, no other way to put it. Hopefully we draft the next best player in the NBA so we practically give them away again.

Yup. They got nothing for him but they were able to shed salary. Whoopty doo! Knowing that team, they will get a number one again only to see him dominate a few years and get traded when hes had enough here. NBA is turning into a joke.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#394 : August 10, 2012, 03:41:06 PM

Without getting Gasol back, don't really like the trade all that much.  But I am glad the whinypuss is finally gone.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#395 : August 10, 2012, 05:11:56 PM

from all reports, the trade is odd right now.  almost like the Magic waited for a better deal while the offers dried up.  but like escobar said there might be more players dumped we dont know about yet.

either way, at least they got the headache out of town.  and 3 low 1st round picks are still 1st round picks, they still have value.

Feel free to research those 20-30 picks from the last FIVE years.   Worthless.  Rondo is the only great player.  There are a few spot role players but your chances of doing anything with those picks is VERY VERY low.

The magic just got raped and it is pretty pathetic having been a Magic fan since their inception.  Letting Shaq and now Howard leave is inexcusable.  The Devos family should sell because they suck at ownership.

As usual you sound like a fool.

Which two organizations did Rob work for before coming to Orlando? San Antonio and OKC. Everybody knows how well SA identifies and develops talent, everyone knows that OKC's roster was built almost exclusively through the draft. Hmm, you think Rob might have had just a little bit to do with that? You think Rob just might have an eye for talent? Of course you don't, because you're a complete tool and always will be. Serge Ibaka was the 24th overall pick, and with high picks Rob drafted Harden/Westbrook/Durant. Where will Orlando be picking the next year or two? That's right, most likely in the top 5. So along with our own lottery picks, we'll have a plethora of mid to late first rounders, massive amounts of cap space, the two rookies we drafted this year, Nicholson and Quinn, and the rookie included in the deal from Philly.

We also landed a massive trade exception of over 17 million. We also have the expiring contract of Re**CENSORED** and the only partially guaranteed contracts of Hedo and Harrington to use to acquire even more picks or young talent if Rob chooses to do so. In short, Rob's goal was to set this team up for the future and he did exactly that. In 3-4 seasons Orlando is going to be one of the best teams in the NBA, it won't be a quick fix like what LA is doing with Nash/Dwight, it will be for the long haul.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#396 : August 10, 2012, 06:57:56 PM

The problem the NBA is gonna have as players more and more control their movements is that you will get, hell you already do have, a handful of "desirable" locations and then the rest of the world. The league is gonna be a bunch of haves and have nots.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#397 : August 10, 2012, 08:25:49 PM

The problem the NBA is gonna have as players more and more control their movements is that you will get, hell you already do have, a handful of "desirable" locations and then the rest of the world. The league is gonna be a bunch of haves and have nots.

I read somewhere that well over half of the 2008 men's gold medal team is playing in New York, LA, or Miami.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#398 : August 11, 2012, 02:08:22 PM

NBA should just disban about 20 teams. Its already bad enough where the same teams every year are playing in the finals basically.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#399 : August 11, 2012, 04:49:04 PM

Which two organizations did Rob work for before coming to Orlando? San Antonio and OKC. Everybody knows how well SA identifies and develops talent, everyone knows that OKC's roster was built almost exclusively through the draft. Hmm, you think Rob might have had just a little bit to do with that? You think Rob just might have an eye for talent? Of course you don't, because you're a complete tool and always will be. Serge Ibaka was the 24th overall pick, and with high picks Rob drafted Harden/Westbrook/Durant. Where will Orlando be picking the next year or two? That's right, most likely in the top 5. So along with our own lottery picks, we'll have a plethora of mid to late first rounders, massive amounts of cap space, the two rookies we drafted this year, Nicholson and Quinn, and the rookie included in the deal from Philly.

We also landed a massive trade exception of over 17 million. We also have the expiring contract of Re**CENSORED** and the only partially guaranteed contracts of Hedo and Harrington to use to acquire even more picks or young talent if Rob chooses to do so. In short, Rob's goal was to set this team up for the future and he did exactly that. In 3-4 seasons Orlando is going to be one of the best teams in the NBA, it won't be a quick fix like what LA is doing with Nash/Dwight, it will be for the long haul.

Fool?  Oh you mean trying to claim Hennigan was resposible for OKC and San Antonio's success?  You're a total an utter idiot if you make that ridiculous claim.

That's like trying to say Mark Dominik was responsible for our 2002 SB because he was on staff.   Presti was and is the brains behind that operation.  Durant was a no-brainer.  Hardin was third overall, right?  Great job SAM PRESTI!!!!!   Hennie's first two moves are *gulp* Jacque Vaughn?  WOW.  And trading Howard for Affalo and worthless picks.  Cap space?  Who cares?  WHo is going to come to this franchise?

In 3-4 seasons Orlando will be one of the best in the NBA?  Top five?  I'll bet you $1000 bones right now that they aren't.  Deal?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#400 : August 11, 2012, 05:46:49 PM

Fool?  Oh you mean trying to claim Hennigan was resposible for OKC and San Antonio's success?  You're a total an utter idiot if you make that ridiculous claim.

That's like trying to say Mark Dominik was responsible for our 2002 SB because he was on staff.   Presti was and is the brains behind that operation.  Durant was a no-brainer.  Hardin was third overall, right?  Great job SAM PRESTI!!!!!   Hennie's first two moves are *gulp* Jacque Vaughn?  WOW.  And trading Howard for Affalo and worthless picks.  Cap space?  Who cares?  WHo is going to come to this franchise?

In 3-4 seasons Orlando will be one of the best in the NBA?  Top five?  I'll bet you $1000 bones right now that they aren't.  Deal?

So Hennigan, working as Assistant GM for OKC, played no role in their success? That's interesting logic. You don't go from working various front office jobs in SA, to Assistant GM in OKC, to GM of Orlando all by the age of 30 by accident. The guy clearly knows what he's doing and his track record speaks for itself.

It's very clear you just don't understand what Rob is doing. Your inferior mind can't comprehend it, so you disagree with it. It's as simple as that. What's the purpose of trading for Gasol or even worse Brook Lopez? Tell me what that does for Orlando. It puts a bunch of mediocre/unproven players around an aging all star or an injury prone 7 footer who doesn't know how to defend or rebound, that's what it does. It equals a team destined for the 6th-8th seed, and more likely than not a first round playoff exit. Your inability to show patience of any kind is on display once again. You sound like a 9 year old who strongly prefers instant gratification over any sort of long term plan. If it was up to you Zimmerman would have been killed by now (even though you were too stupid to realize that's what you were saying, I still get a laugh out of that), and the Magic would be stuck in mediocrity for the next 5 years with no cap space, no upcoming talent, and no direction whatsoever. In short, you suck at everything.

As is, the Magic are setup perfectly in terms of the salary cap, they have a lot of young talent, and they have enough draft picks to go any number of different ways. Rob has proven he has an eye for talent, we can keep the picks and hit on another Ibaka or two, we can package them with players and trade for more young talent, or we can package them and move up in future drafts. We'll also have a lottery pick or two of our own, something we wouldn't have if we traded for the crap someone like you would have preferred. We also have Hedo/JJ/Harrington/Davis to use as trade bait to acquire even more draft picks. This is all part of a plan, one you'd see if you would put down your Zimmerman voodoo doll and start to pay attention. Loser.

Btw, I don't bet on things I don't personally have control over. Not that you'd actually uphold that bet in the first place.
: August 11, 2012, 05:48:50 PM Escobar06

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#401 : August 11, 2012, 06:09:20 PM

You freaking chickensh!t...come on.  If I'm as stupid and a fool and inferior....then this should be easy money buddy.  I'm obviously intellectually inferior so I must be very very dumb to bet a G that Orlando will NOT be a top 5 NBA team in 3-4 yrs.  Hell...I'll give you the full four years.

Or would you like to backpeddle now.  LOL.  Where is YOUR PROOF that Rob was instrumental in those picks?  I'm curious....link?  Presti come out and say "Thank god Rob told me who to pick..."

You are a total piece of garbage to even defend this trade.  I guess everyone outside of YOU...actual experts(including OTHER GMS in the league)...say it was a horrible trade but somehow you and a rookie GM know better?  BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You are a chicksh!t....so it is written...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#402 : August 11, 2012, 06:12:18 PM

PS  Sam Presti was responsible for drafting Tony Parker....that is a FACT.  Not Rob "GM by Sam Presti's coattails" Hennigan.  You may want to do some research and check out just who Sam presti is vs who Rob Hennigan is.....wow....just wow...

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#403 : August 11, 2012, 07:26:24 PM

You freaking chickensh!t...come on.  If I'm as stupid and a fool and inferior....then this should be easy money buddy.  I'm obviously intellectually inferior so I must be very very dumb to bet a G that Orlando will NOT be a top 5 NBA team in 3-4 yrs.  Hell...I'll give you the full four years.

Or would you like to backpeddle now.  LOL.  Where is YOUR PROOF that Rob was instrumental in those picks?  I'm curious....link?  Presti come out and say "Thank god Rob told me who to pick..."

You are a total piece of garbage to even defend this trade.  I guess everyone outside of YOU...actual experts(including OTHER GMS in the league)...say it was a horrible trade but somehow you and a rookie GM know better?  BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You are a chicksh!t....so it is written...

Who's backpedaling? I stand by my claim 100%. I don't bet, that's all there is to it. Just be glad I'm doing your thinking for you, because we both know you aren't capable of it. Let's look at the best teams in the league right now, and what they will look like 4 years from now, the 2015/16 season. I'll list the players these teams will no longer have, or if they do they'll be at best a broken down role player.

1. San Antonio - Duncan/Ginobli/Jackson/Parker - They just re-signed Duncan, so clearly they are making one last attempt to win a championship. This means that they're delaying the inevitable rebuild, putting them at least one season behind Orlando in that regard.

2. Lakers - Kobe/Nash/Artest/Gasol - Depending how they do this season, they may attempt to bring back the same team for the 13/14 season. Though by doing so their luxury tax penalty is going to be absurd, especially given the higher fees associated with LT teams. LA will be at best one season behind Orlando and potentially two seasons behind Orlando in terms of the rebuild. Their advantage, obviously, is having Howard, though he'll be going into his 12th year in 2015, no longer a young player to build around. LA also will be without a first round pick for quite a number of years after the Nash and Dwight trades. They'll nab a FA or two to put around him at that time, but in reality their situation will be exactly what Orlando's was last season. Also, this is assuming Dwight re-signs with LA after this season, and doesn't bolt to Brooklyn or Dallas.

3. OKC - It's hard to predict what this team will look like because they are so young. Right now only Durant and Westbrook are under contract for the 15/16 season. Both Ibaka and Harden are restricted FA's next season, and both are going to get paid. Their best perimeter defender, Sefolosha, is a free agent after next season. Considering the already mentioned luxury cap penalties, and that OKC is a small market, it's pretty logical to assume this team will be broken up. They simply won't be able to afford to keep everyone. Guess who will have boat loads of cap money in the future, Orlando. You don't think Harden/Ibaka would consider signing with Orlando given their connection to Rob and all of the other advantages a Florida team has to offer? I guess we'll have to wait and see. But the bottom line is OKC won't be able to afford to keep this team together. Having said that, a team with Durant/Westbrook is always going to be good. Championship caliber? Not sure.

4. Miami - After the 2013/14 season James/Wade/Bosh can all become FA's again if they choose, they all have early termination options. Bosh will be 30, James will be 29, and Wade will be 32. If they don't win another title this year or next, you have to consider one or more of them opting out of their deals to be a very real possibility. I don't think their ego's will allow them to continue playing together if they aren't winning championships, they'll want to break off again and be "the man" with another franchise while they still have few more solid seasons left. If they do decide to stay together at that point, then at the four year mark we're talking about they'll all have player options for that season, and they'll be 32, 31, 34 respectively. Lebron will be the youngest but like Kobe at this point in his career will have a lot of mileage on him. They won't be young super stars anymore, they'll be just on the verge of decline, or in Wade's case smack dab in the middle of it. Guys like Miller/Allen/Lewis/Haslem will be long gone, and they'll be looking at a full rebuild just around the corner. I can easily see this team being dismantled completely if they don't win a title this season or next.

5. Chicago - Boozer/Hamilton/Hinrich will be long gone or reduced to role players, Noah will believe it or not be 31 already, and so will Deng. Rose will still be around, if he can stay healthy. Gibson will potentially still be around. They'll have to make significant moves if they are going to reshape their roster around Rose and remain elite.

6. Knicks -  If Melo/Amare/Chandler all play out their current deals, they'll all be FA's after the 14/15 season. Melo will be 32, Amare and Chandler will both be 33. You think at that point New York is going to break the bank for three guys all on the wrong side of 30? Me neither. I'm not even sure Amare's knees will allow him to still be playing at this point. Regardless, a full rebuild will be on the horizon for New York as they'll be far from elite.

7. Clippers - Butler will be all but done, Paul can be a FA after next season and I can't imagine he'll re-sign unless they add a serious piece or two. Griffin and Jordan are solid but they aren't enough for Paul to get past OKC, LA, or Miami, and he knows that. I can see Paul and Dwight pairing up in Dallas next season to be honest, I just don't see Paul staying with the Clippers..too much will have to happen. That will lead to a semi rebuild with Blake and DeAndre being the foundation, in other words A LOT of work will have to be done to make this team a contender.

8. Brooklyn - Johnson/Dwill/Lopez/Wallace will all be FA's after the 15/16 season, Lopez one season earlier if he uses his player option. Johnson will be 35, Dwill 32, Lopez 28, and Wallace 34. You have to figure they'll at least let Johnson and Wallace leave in FA, or at most sign them to vet minimum deals to role players. If they re-sign Dwill and Lopez, Brooks will be a restricted FA at the same time so they'll probably re-sign him as well if he ends up being the player I think he will. Williams/Brooks/Lopez doesn't sound "elite" to me, considering Lopez is the softest center in the game, and Williams will be nearing the beginning of the end.

9. Boston - Nothing needs to be said, they're about to start a full rebuild.

10. Indy/Memphis/Philly - All decent, but Granger will be well over 30, Randolph will be all but done, and nobody knows if Bynum will re-sign with Philly...my guess is not a chance.

As you can clearly see, four years from now the NBA will look far different. Orlando is getting a jump on all of the current elite teams in terms of rebuilding. We'll have more prospects, cash, and draft picks than any of them. In fact, our prospects (if we draft properly) will have several years of NBA experience before many of these teams even begin to draft their future building blocks...as often times elite NBA teams trade their first rounders while their window is open to acquire proven players that can help immediately or to avoid having to pay the guaranteed salary a 1st rounder will get. All the teams listed above will have to make moves, just like Orlando will, to remain/become elite. So by telling me that you know Orlando won't be elite, you're really telling me that you know that all of the countless moves the franchises I listed above will have to make will be successful, while Orlando's will not. In other words, you're talking out of your ass. Now, explain to me how I'm wrong. Tell me which teams will be elite in four years and why, and tell me why Orlando won't be. I'll hold.

Also, I never gave Rob full credit for making SA and OKC what they are today, but he played a role, a role that stood out so much that he has become an NBA GM by the age of 30. You can ignore that all you'd like, it will remain a fact. The guy wasn't handed the job, his track record spoke for itself and he earned it, case closed.

: August 11, 2012, 07:33:13 PM Escobar06

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#404 : August 20, 2012, 10:25:00 PM

Oklahoma City is still better than Los Lakers

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011-2012 NBA Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools