Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Battle of Florida « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 28, 2011, 11:43:03 AM

The Florida head coach is awful.

why?  maybe the players arent as good as they were prospected?  muschamp has done nothing but good things everywhere he's been.  sounds like there could be a lot of turmoil left in the lockerroom from Meyer.  i bet Muschamp turns it around pretty quickly.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 28, 2011, 12:00:02 PM

I see a lot of young guys with potential next year. Problem is the O is nearly devoid of talent. The QB is hurt and the backup is a Frosh. No breakaway WRs, and tiny RBs. The OL is unspectacular at best.

I think this is the result of yrs of recruiting by Meyer for an offense that isn't being used anymore. And when the HC retires, then unretires then re-retires 2 straight yrs that has to affect recruiting.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 28, 2011, 03:04:43 PM

EJ Manual is a joke.  I can't understand why FSU holds onto this guy.  What you see is the best he's going to get.

I wonder how many times he's held onto the ball and gotten sacked when he had plenty of time to throw it away.  Speaking of "dumb as rocks", Manual is it.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 28, 2011, 06:55:38 PM

you cant be serious. manuel has plenty of potential to be a great qb.

i do agree he holds onto the ball way too much though and tries to run out of a sack only to lose yards too many times. he has a bad habit of trying to do too much and not knowing when to give up and fight another down. part of that had to do with the pisspoor performance of our oline. part of it is him trying too hard to make a play.

on the positive side he has excellent mobility and a very strong arm. hes also a great leader on and off the field and brings alot of danger to our offense. he reminds me of cam newton a little with his physical skillset. dont mistake that i think he is as good as newton. i just think he brings the same attributes to the table. big strong physical runner with a live arm. can beat you with his feet and his arm

in the few games we actually blocked for him he tore defenses apart. id like to see what one more offseason and a decent oline can do for him. jimbos playcalling was subpar this year and really didnt help manuel out much. bad playcalls put us in bad situations and thats where alot of the mistakes came from. he doesnt have to be great if we can continue to play great defense and get the running game going. hes got the weapons around him to really do damage. we just need to pull it together and play a complete game.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2011, 07:00:23 PM

I see a lot of young guys with potential next year. Problem is the O is nearly devoid of talent. The QB is hurt and the backup is a Frosh. No breakaway WRs, and tiny RBs. The OL is unspectacular at best.

I think this is the result of yrs of recruiting by Meyer for an offense that isn't being used anymore. And when the HC retires, then unretires then re-retires 2 straight yrs that has to affect recruiting.

bingo. youve got alot of overhyped guys who dont fit your current system. most of those highly touted receivers have really underperformed in their years in gville. andre debose has been a massive bust. i concede he had a leg injury but he has done nothing to live up to his billing out of highschool. it also hurts that you dont have any true running backs on your team. i dont know why mack brown and gillislee arent getting more touches but they actually fit as between the tackle runners.

i think you guys are going to suffer for another year or two until you can get the kind of guys you need to run that offense. the only guy on your team that even remotely worries me is AC leonard. he showed alot of potential, other than that theres just not much talent there.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 28, 2011, 07:42:33 PM

bingo. youve got alot of overhyped guys who dont fit your current system. most of those highly touted receivers have really underperformed in their years in gville. andre debose has been a massive bust. i concede he had a leg injury but he has done nothing to live up to his billing out of highschool. it also hurts that you dont have any true running backs on your team. i dont know why mack brown and gillislee arent getting more touches but they actually fit as between the tackle runners.

i think you guys are going to suffer for another year or two until you can get the kind of guys you need to run that offense. the only guy on your team that even remotely worries me is AC leonard. he showed alot of potential, other than that theres just not much talent there.
The more accurate analysis is the players aren't talented enough to run ANY system - pro, spread, run-n-shoot, wishbone, anything.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 28, 2011, 08:35:46 PM

i wouldnt go that far. im not really familiar with any of the gators coaches to make a judgement. do the coaches suck? i can honestly say i dont know who any of them are outside of muschamp and weis. i remember gator fans crowing about how great these coaches were at the beginning of the year, i didnt have anything to say because id never heard of them. im not being a **CENSORED**, im just no informed on them. did they ghave good resumes? i know there were a bunch of guys from the nfl. do these guys just not do a good job coaching?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 28, 2011, 08:51:37 PM

They didn't have any true freshman starters on offense other than Brissett and Driskel. All the player who stunk in Weis' system this season stunk in the spread last season.
: November 28, 2011, 10:45:35 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 28, 2011, 10:14:34 PM

ouch

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 30, 2011, 07:35:51 AM

Manuel can perform very well with the designed game plan, but the minute he has to actually think, he blows a brain fuse.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Battle of Florida « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools