Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leading coaching candidates for 2012? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

moose40

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 27, 2011, 04:49:38 PM

I think the only slack you'll get is for another "here's my vote for coach" type thread.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : November 27, 2011, 04:50:27 PM

Fisher is a good option.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 27, 2011, 04:51:33 PM

I think the only slack you'll get is for another "here's my vote for coach" type thread.

Probably...seemed like earlier in the week everyone was cool on Fisher being an option

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 27, 2011, 04:51:48 PM

no slack from me.  I know Beatles is against it.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 27, 2011, 04:51:50 PM

History of making average teams great?
More like a history of making a franchise mediocre at best.

When you make the playoffs just 6 times in 17 years as a head coach all you have proven is that you aren't the right man to be leading a team.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 27, 2011, 04:52:33 PM

Personally I think Rah has got us where he can get us...I dont think he can take this team over the 10-6 mark we reached last year

bent09

Starter

#21 : November 27, 2011, 04:53:13 PM

I thought you were going to ask where Foster was today.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 27, 2011, 04:54:34 PM

Bill Cowher PLEASE.

Desmond

Second String

#23 : November 27, 2011, 04:54:43 PM

Teams with a friendly coach often want the tough disciplinarian when things arent going good. Remember the cowboys wanted a more player friendly coach after Parcells got done yelling and controling players. I wish we could find a guy whose right in between like Mike Tomlin.

A Mike Tomlin coach? Pittsburgh has a very good defensive coordinator who has complete control over the defense and a very good offensive coordinator who has complete control over the offense. The Bucs have neither.  Mike Tomlin just stands and prays.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 27, 2011, 04:55:17 PM

Colin McCarthy is better than Foster.  yeah, I said it.

Desmond

Second String

#25 : November 27, 2011, 04:57:02 PM

Andy Reid? The guy who made Vick his starting QB, yeah no thanks.

That guy also has made Vick look better than ever before. I think Reid could do wonders with Freeman, to bad I don't see him getting the boot in philly.

I'm sorry, I don't agree. Vick only looks good when he is playing crappy defenses and that hasn't changed in Philly.

Borat!

Starter

#26 : November 27, 2011, 04:57:19 PM

Colin McCarthy is better than Foster.  yeah, I said it.

LOL yeah after one game you can make decisions about players careers ::) some of you are too stupid for your own good

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Borat!

Starter

#27 : November 27, 2011, 05:01:00 PM

NO re-tread coaches. Fisher is the epitome of doing just enough to keep a job. Also, no coach has ever won a superbowl with 2 different teams. Id rather give an experienced coordinator a shot. One guy I like is Zimmer from Cincy. Hes made their defense very good with not many big names(RM58 is probably the biggest name). Get him and have Norv be the OC and I think it would make a good combo

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : November 27, 2011, 05:04:04 PM

may possibly show up wearing this for next weekend's game.....

That would be cool.  Maybe get together with Hate and both of you wear them and you guys can meet for a tailgate prior to the game wearing them.   Make sure to post the pics here.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#29 : November 27, 2011, 05:04:36 PM

Here are a few canidates I'd be interested in having as a head coach.

Bruce Arians Offensive Coordinator Pittsburgh Steelers

-Has been instrumental in the development of Ben Rapistberger, who has a similiar skill set as Freeman. Is a play caller himself, puts his offensive personnel in a position to make plays.

Joe Philbin Offensive Coordinator Green Bay Packers

Then if the Glazers would be willing to spend some money on a quality coach I'd say look at

Cowher
Marty Schottenheimer-He may be old but his teams were always disciplined
Mike Martz
Jeff Fisher

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leading coaching candidates for 2012? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools