Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans knew Olson's play on the last interception « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 27, 2011, 10:25:17 PM

AF:  Dude...enough spamming the entire board with the exact same thing.  On most boards that is a "banning" offense.  Please reel it in bud.

Jbuc14

Practice Squad

#16 : November 27, 2011, 10:52:18 PM

The bucs offense seems similar to a college offense. There is no creativity. Every now and then there is a reverse or a wide receiver screen but those plays don't work too well in the nfl. Today is the only time I've seen a little creativity with the offense. The screen play with Blount, it was on either first or second down. Usually the only time the bucs run a running back screen its third and long. Watching other offenses I've seen them run running back screens on first or second down not just third down. Basically all I'm saying is that the offense is very predictable. The bucs are gonna get the same results till they change the offensive coordinator. Olsen would probably be a great college coordinator but he can't cut it in the nfl.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 27, 2011, 11:08:33 PM

It's sickening how open benn was

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 27, 2011, 11:23:35 PM

That's not the playcall...it's a poor decision by the QB. Ball has to go to Benn just like a few weeks ago instead of forcing it to Parker he should have thrown to Williams.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 27, 2011, 11:34:17 PM

It was the same thing against Chicago and San Fran. In reality, we're fortunate that we've faced a lot of good teams but not that many good defenses or this season would be even uglier. When 3 teams have come out and said that they knew exactly what was coming, it's far past time for the offensive coordinator to go. Honestly, I'd be okay with firing him now and making Van Pelt the interim OC to see if he's up for the challenge, and if not just look elsewhere after the season.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 27, 2011, 11:36:07 PM

Bad decision.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 27, 2011, 11:38:32 PM

It was the same thing against Chicago and San Fran. In reality, we're fortunate that we've faced a lot of good teams but not that many good defenses or this season would be even uglier. When 3 teams have come out and said that they knew exactly what was coming, it's far past time for the offensive coordinator to go. Honestly, I'd be okay with firing him now and making Van Pelt the interim OC to see if he's up for the challenge, and if not just look elsewhere after the season.

Watch the video and tell me the "play" was to blame and not the "player".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 27, 2011, 11:42:41 PM

i'm afraid Olson isn't the reason for all the offensive woes.  not an easy fix.  this isn't going to magically be a 12 win team if he is replaced.  Freeman has to improve dramatically.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 28, 2011, 12:29:45 AM

Freeman has 16 interceptions Tebow has 1

Tebow completes 2 passes a game.

Thanks for the sig Java!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 28, 2011, 01:06:56 AM

Of course they did! I mean, they get into the two-minute and JF throws constantly down the gut.

Yeah, it works ok for awhile against teams trying the prevent to preserve the win and are watching the outs. But since when has Olson called out routes, and since when has he not called everything up the middle anyway? They KNEW what the Bucs were going to do and never changed their defense to preserve their win, but rather play it out.

They of course guess right. Being that Olson does the same damn things over and over, it's not difficult. Did anyone read my post about guessing along with the opposition's defense as to what is going to be called?? ....Bet you feel like a damn genus DC right about now.  8)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 28, 2011, 02:37:05 AM

Olson has like a 4 page playbook Curl route for Williams, Reverse to Benn, Crossing route to Winslow and finally he added a new play after 3 years! A fake reverse to Benn, pass!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 28, 2011, 02:54:42 AM

OK, now go back and watch this play : http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011112706/2011/REG12/buccaneers@titans#menu=highlights&tab=recap

The link is "McCarthy closes it down". The Titans know the tendency alright but it is a the QB not the OC. Watch the coverage 100% ignore Benn who hooks up at about the 40 and there is no one within 5 yards of him in any direction BUT the MLB is under K2. If Freeman makes the right read there's nothing stopping Benn from crawling forward for a first down he's so open but Freeman makes the really, really bad throw.

You can pause the video at :13 and get a really clear look the the way the patterns worked.

Yeah but it's still Raheem and Olsons fault. What the players do on the field doesn't really matter. If the players played extremely well it's because Morris is doing a great job of coaching. If they're playing really bad(dropped passes, missed tackles, bad throws, poor blocking) its because Morris is a terrible coach.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : November 28, 2011, 03:41:18 AM

Winslow was covered the entire time, yet Freeman still throws it?   Some of you guys may not know this, but in the NFL sometimes guys are covered.   In those cases, the QB should have enough brains to throw the ball elsewhere.   Benn was wide open and right in Freeman's face.    No blaming Olson for this one - it's 100% Freeman's fault.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 28, 2011, 06:58:27 AM

Like I've said before, until I see Olson's offense executed by a smart qb, and fail, then I'll blame G.O. until then, I'll hope Freeman learns there are progressions on the field. People say the calls are predictable, why should Olson complicate the playbook? Freeman is not showing he can progress through the options on the base packages.

JohnBuc06

Starter
#29 : November 28, 2011, 07:01:54 AM

Winslow was covered the entire time, yet Freeman still throws it?   Some of you guys may not know this, but in the NFL sometimes guys are covered.   In those cases, the QB should have enough brains to throw the ball elsewhere.   Benn was wide open and right in Freeman's face.    No blaming Olson for this one - it's 100% Freeman's fault.

This has been a reoccuring theme all season.  Freeman always looks and forces balls into Winslow at critical junctures (red zone, 3rd down, etc).  This is where I BLAME the coaching ...this is an obvious problem with Freeman not going through the plays progressions but staring down the one (and probably not the primary) reciever as that is his preference ...if the coaching is not correcting that problem then its on the coaching. If they are addressing it during practice and film sessions and Freeman continues to do it then its on the coaches to stop riding his jock and bench him until he at least shows he's willing to take in the coaching and correct his mistakes.  I have a feeling its a little of both, they bring it up during the week bet never stress it or ride Free to get better (it's all good big guy go get 'em next time).  Plus as the OP noted this was a "go to" play by the Bucs so the a little creativity wouldn't hurt ...how about taking Penalty on Winslow out of the game and go 4 wide for a change.  At this point Briscoe/Slaughter is a better option than Winslow.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans knew Olson's play on the last interception « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools