Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans knew Olson's play on the last interception « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : November 28, 2011, 07:05:54 AM

Winslow is obviously in Freeman's head.  I think the Bucs need to just bench Winslow altogether until Freeman learns he can throw the ball elsewhere.   They cannot bench Freeman because they weren't bright enough to pick up a decent backup QB for fear that it would stunt Freeman's development by the fans demanding the backup be put in.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#31 : November 28, 2011, 07:10:13 AM

Winslow is obviously in Freeman's head.  I think the Bucs need to just bench Winslow altogether until Freeman learns he can throw the ball elsewhere.   They cannot bench Freeman because they weren't bright enough to pick up a decent backup QB for fear that it would stunt Freeman's development by the fans demanding the backup be put in.

Agreed 100% ...they don't even have to bench Winslow if they are worried about upsetting the team chemistry ...just simply remove the TE from obvious passing situations.  Go 4 wide with the one RB ...the only reason you leave a TE in normally is to provide some chip blocking or keep in all together as an extra blocker.  Winslow never blocks so you don't lose that ...plus he's not a mismatch anymore as most LB can keep up with him and he has to push off to clear DB's. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 28, 2011, 08:13:46 AM

Of course they did! I mean, they get into the two-minute and JF throws constantly down the gut.

Yeah, it works ok for awhile against teams trying the prevent to preserve the win and are watching the outs. But since when has Olson called out routes, and since when has he not called everything up the middle anyway? They KNEW what the Bucs were going to do and never changed their defense to preserve their win, but rather play it out.

He called a play outside the hashes on the pass that got picked...where do you think Benn was? I'm sorry guys but when they talk about knowing where the ball is going it looks like they mean Freeman is gonna go for his binky a lot more than they know what the play is. If they knew the play, they certainly didn't cover it very well other than the one guy the QB tried to force it to.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 28, 2011, 09:57:24 AM

exactly dalbuc, the Titans defense knew Freeman's tendency to go to Winslow (or Parker) on third down. That's on Freeman to notice the coverage, and scan the field to find the open receiver. and if Freeman looks for Winslow because he's calling for the ball, then Freeman isn't the leader of this team.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 28, 2011, 01:20:33 PM

Best thing that could happen right now is for Winslow's knee to give out enough so he can't play.

That would save on penalties (2 huge ones in the last 2 games) and then Freeman would have to look for a different receiver. IMO, he cost us both games.

Might also force Freeman to stop starring down receivers.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#35 : November 28, 2011, 02:10:33 PM

Freeman has 16 interceptions Tebow has 1

Has Tebow thrown 16 TOTAL passes yet this season??

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#36 : November 28, 2011, 02:14:12 PM

Freeman has 16 interceptions Tebow has 1

Has Tebow thrown 16 TOTAL passes yet this season??

Tebow has thrown 143 passes so far this season.   And interestingly enough, he has 78 rushes this year.   Dude is a baller.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#37 : November 28, 2011, 02:20:07 PM

Olson has like a 4 page playbook Curl route for Williams, Reverse to Benn, Crossing route to Winslow and finally he added a new play after 3 years! A fake reverse to Benn, pass!

Don't forget the draw and checkdown pass to Lumpy!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 28, 2011, 03:04:48 PM

LOL; Tebow may be the 2nd coming of Bobby Douglass, who was a lefty and preferred running over passing... Except he ended up marrying a Playboy bunny...
   Back on subject, we don't really know how much Freeman is being "encouraged" to throw to his receivers even when they appear to be covered. I know receivers are being encouraged to fight for the football when it comes their way, rather than just stand and wait for it. Add to that, 'Bradentonian' thinks Freeman's pass was tipped, although I didn't see that. It appeared Freeman wanted Winslow to get deeper on his route, which didn't happen either. Ugly play regardless.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 28, 2011, 03:12:35 PM

get rid of olson, get rid of KW2.  both are 1 dimensional.  get a OC that wants to run the ball and dwyane allen from clemson to pair with stocker.

and for crying out loud pass it to the wide open arrelious benn!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#40 : November 28, 2011, 04:06:40 PM

Problem with throwing to Benn, or most of our WR, is they tend to drop. If I'm Freeman, that's probably in my head too at this point.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 28, 2011, 04:16:09 PM

please.  if the QB isnt gonna throw the ball to a wide open guy then somebody shouldnt be on the field.

plus, isnt the amount of INTs attributed to forcing the ball to winslow more than equal to the number of drops from the rest of the team combined?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#42 : November 28, 2011, 04:18:07 PM

Problem with throwing to Benn, or most of our WR, is they tend to drop. If I'm Freeman, that's probably in my head too at this point.

They only throw to Benn 2-3 times a game so his misses are a lot more noticable. He is supposed to be our fastest receiver and this year has been are only "Deep" playmaker, so I still don't understand why he doesn't play on our 4 wide sets. If they like having Williams, Parker and Briscoe out there then take out Win-slow.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 28, 2011, 04:19:57 PM

Yep that's been going on all season.  Fire olson

Have you guys never played football and more importantly watched tape of opposing teams? EVERY TEAM and I mean EVERY TEAM has go to plays they use when they are in jam, yes even the pats and the packers. The difference is that other teams can be successful running the play even when teams are suspecting it.

Does anyone thing K2 got a ton of separation on that route? Does anyone think it was a perfectly thrown pass?

If you have no clue what it takes to prepare for a football game then you are not in position to fire coaches over your lack of knowledge.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 28, 2011, 05:35:55 PM

AF:  Dude...enough spamming the entire board with the exact same thing.  On most boards that is a "banning" offense.  Please reel it in bud.

Yeah did Freeman still his girl friend or something?

Freeman is not the whole damn problem..   

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans knew Olson's play on the last interception « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools