Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “There’s Not A Lot Of Use For Him Here” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 30, 2011, 08:27:09 PM »

“There’s Not A Lot Of Use For Him Here”

November 30th, 2011

Jeff Faine should find a seat on the bench, suggests former Bucs DE Steve White, who also proposes four other Bucs have changed roles.

As fans ponder how the Bucs should approach the rest of this season and dole out playing time, former Bucs DE Steve White offered up six options that he would enact immediately.

(Warning: at least one of these could send you into shock.)

Speaking on Two-Hand Touch on WQYK-AM 1010 last night, White started with sitting down captain Jeff Faine. Here’s why:

“I’m going to bench Jeff Faine and move Zuttah over to center and find me a left guard. Somebody’s going to be a left guard or we’re going to draft one,” White said. “Jeff Faine, he’s serviceable, but I see centers get up on our middle linebacker every single play; I don’t know if I’ve seen Jeff Faine do it once this year.

“We need an upgrade. If we’re going to be a running team, we need a center who can run block. We don’t pull our center, which is probably what he’s better suited to doing. So there’s really not a lot of use for him here.”

Cut Albert Haynesworth was White’s next call (“this guy can’t find the B-gap”), along with benching Quincy Black (“you gotta go”). Wave good-bye to Kregg Lumpkin, says White, who has been very critical of Lumpkin’s blocking, and sit-down Kellen Winslow on first and second down because of his heinous run-blocking.

Lastly, White says it’s time to truly look for Ronde Barber’s replacement.

“We’re going to have to find somebody to split time with Ronde [Barber]. We gotta find the next guy. He’s a liability against the run 90 percent of the time,” White said. ”Those are changes I would make right away.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=58185

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 30, 2011, 08:29:35 PM »

Why not bench Jones and let Barber have a go at safety? Can't do much worse and may let Barber hang another year or 2.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 30, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »

He had me up until he started ripping on Ronde.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 30, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »

He has a point about Faine. I think we need a road grader at center. Faine is a smaller guy, relatively speaking.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 30, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »

I'd love a mauler at center. Faine is very smart and good with protection, but not much of a gap-maker.

blackthoughtz

Starter

« #5 : November 30, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »

I was very critical of the haynesworh signing but he's more than serviceable and has been disruptive. He can provide very solid depth for us. I would questions whites thinking in questioning a corners run d when that's our lbs jobs

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 30, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »

IDK about 90% of the time, but yeah, they need to look for his replacement soon.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 30, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »

If any of you guys use twitter to follow players/former players and media guys for sports news etc. like I do....I HIGHLY recommend you follow Steve White.  Highly knowledgable and tweets about the game during the game and then breaks down the game with his thoughts the next day.  Really good stuff.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 30, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »

If any of you guys use twitter to follow players/former players and media guys for sports news etc. like I do....I HIGHLY recommend you follow Steve White.  Highly knowledgable and tweets about the game during the game and then breaks down the game with his thoughts the next day.  Really good stuff.

Agreed.... I had to stop his tweets to my texts though cuz he tweets a ton.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 30, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »

I hear Brewster mentioned here some, but I dont know a lot about him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 30, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »

Why does anyone think Zuttah is the answer at Center? Sure he may be better than Faine, but so is Morris's mother. He gets worked over just as much as others plus doesn't anyone remember his wild snaps?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 30, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »

Why does anyone think Zuttah is the answer at Center? Sure he may be better than Faine, but so is Morris's mother. He gets worked over just as much as others plus doesn't anyone remember his wild snaps?

I would take Zuttah at center,  if the team doesn't draft a center or pick one up in free agency. He has not had a ton of snaps there, so I think he would improve with more experience.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 30, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »

I would take Zuttah at center,  if the team doesn't draft a center or pick one up in free agency. He has not had a ton of snaps there, so I think he would improve with more experience.

Not a ton of snaps? Didn't he start like half the season at center last year? Oh and add 4 games from 2009. So basically 12 games worth.
« : November 30, 2011, 10:06:12 PM Freddy »

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 30, 2011, 10:07:02 PM »

Not a ton of snaps? Didn't he start like half the season at center last year? Oh and add 4 games from 2009. So basically 12 games worth.

And Faine has been at it about 9 years now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #14 : November 30, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »

And Faine has been at it about 9 years now.

And that has zero relevance. Unless now you are saying that getting a ton of snaps, i.e. 9 years worth, won't make you any better? But you said if Zuttah could get some snaps he might get better. I showed you he has played a ton of snaps and has not gotten better. Again yes, I think he might be slightly better than Faine at blocking, but I know I always worried anytime the team was in shotgun formation because Zuttah couldn't get the ball back there on target more often than not.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “There’s Not A Lot Of Use For Him Here” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools