Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “There’s Not A Lot Of Use For Him Here” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

iowabuc

Second String

« #15 : November 30, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

Key in on Jeff Faine on any given play. If he gets beat initially off the snap, he just quits and watches the play. It's maddening to watch. The only guys who keep after it on the Offensive Line are Penn and Joseph.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 30, 2011, 10:29:10 PM »

Why does anyone think Zuttah is the answer at Center? Sure he may be better than Faine, but so is Morris's mother. He gets worked over just as much as others plus doesn't anyone remember his wild snaps?

I would take Zuttah at center,  if the team doesn't draft a center or pick one up in free agency. He has not had a ton of snaps there, so I think he would improve with more experience.

Not a ton of snaps? Didn't he start like half the season at center last year? Oh and add 4 games from 2009. So basically 12 games worth.

And Faine has been at it about 9 years now.

And that has zero relevance. Unless now you are saying that getting a ton of snaps, i.e. 9 years worth, won't make you any better? But you said if Zuttah could get some snaps he might get better. I showed you he has played a ton of snaps and has not gotten better. Again yes, I think he might be slightly better than Faine at blocking, but I know I always worried anytime the team was in shotgun formation because Zuttah couldn't get the ball back there on target more often than not.

That would imply more than 50% of his snaps were off the mark?   No way.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #17 : November 30, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »

Apparently many others agree....

Did anyone else notice that Free was snaring snaps left and right out there V. Detroit?

Zuttah is about the worst snapper I have seen in many years.  Hope he is practing his snapping right now.

Faine is the one that worries me unless Zuttah has leaned how to snap the ball properly, on a regular basis.

maybe Zuttah worked this off season, and maybe he can learn to snap the ball... and maybe we better hang onto Faine until we get someone else to play center - Larsen? 

A Lot of Players Need to Step Up Next Season
 by jarldg on Feb 1, 2011 
Source:   BucsNation.com

Jeremy Zuttah (LG) - It would be remiss to leave out that this Guard was playing Center for about half of the season.  He looked miserable at Center at times, and others he was serviceable. 

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #18 : November 30, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »

That would imply more than 50% of his snaps were off the mark?   No way.

OK, so how many bad snaps a game is OK? The real answer is zero, and if you want to be literal with the words I use vice actually understanding the point of the post, then I'm sorry. Zuttah has a problem with bad snaps. A problem big enough that I found multiple threads and even media posts talking about it. If you want to deny that, go for it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #19 : November 30, 2011, 10:33:02 PM »

Apparently many others agree....

Did anyone else notice that Free was snaring snaps left and right out there V. Detroit?

Zuttah is about the worst snapper I have seen in many years.  Hope he is practing his snapping right now.

Faine is the one that worries me unless Zuttah has leaned how to snap the ball properly, on a regular basis.

maybe Zuttah worked this off season, and maybe he can learn to snap the ball... and maybe we better hang onto Faine until we get someone else to play center - Larsen? 

A Lot of Players Need to Step Up Next Season
 by jarldg on Feb 1, 2011 
Source:   BucsNation.com

Jeremy Zuttah (LG) - It would be remiss to leave out that this Guard was playing Center for about half of the season.  He looked miserable at Center at times, and others he was serviceable. 

He is a young guy, give him a chance. He could very well improve at the position.   Faine?   We have seen his ceiling already.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #20 : November 30, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »

He is a young guy, give him a chance. He could very well improve at the position.   Faine?   We have seen his ceiling already.

Dude? Stop with the Faine stuff already, I have agreed with you every single time. It is time for Faine to go. No question about it. The discussion is if Zuttah is the answer at center or should the team find new talent? Apparently you think 4 years in the NFL with 100's of game time snaps at the position is still not giving him a chance. I think it tells us that he is an adequate backup, but if we want, like so many others always say, if we want a dominant O-Line, Zuttah is not the starting center.

Also, you do know Zuttah's is an unrestricted free agent right? You know he will get offers from other teams, are you ready to pay the guy gobs of money to be your starting center for the next 4 years? I'm not.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 30, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

Dude? Stop with the Faine stuff already, I have agreed with you every single time. It is time for Faine to go. No question about it. The discussion is if Zuttah is the answer at center or should the team find new talent? Apparently you think 4 years in the NFL with 100's of game time snaps at the position is still not giving him a chance. I think it tells us that he is an adequate backup, but if we want, like so many others always say, if we want a dominant O-Line, Zuttah is not the starting center.

Also, you do know Zuttah's is an unrestricted free agent right? You know he will get offers from other teams, are you ready to pay the guy gobs of money to be your starting center for the next 4 years? I'm not.

Of course not, my point is Zuttah is a better option than Faine.  BUT, if they can upgrade the position in the draft or free agency then its a win/win.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #22 : November 30, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »

Of course not, my point is Zuttah is a better option than Faine.  BUT, if they can upgrade the position in the draft or free agency then its a win/win.

And that is what I said the first time, thank you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 30, 2011, 11:09:49 PM »

And that is what I said the first time, thank you.

Ok you win.   Jeez dude, no wonder Biggs is up your butt all the time, I see why now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #24 : November 30, 2011, 11:54:15 PM »

Why not bench Jones and let Barber have a go at safety? Can't do much worse and may let Barber hang another year or 2.

Ronde's been playing a defacto SS and/or Will all year long. I'm surprised White criticised his run defense when I think it's his coverage skills as a true CB which have deteriorated.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 01, 2011, 12:37:21 AM »

Why not bench Jones and let Barber have a go at safety? Can't do much worse and may let Barber hang another year or 2.
Ronde's been playing a defacto SS and/or Will all year long. I'm surprised White criticised his run defense when I think it's his coverage skills as a true CB which have deteriorated.

His coverage has been pretty bad but I believe he also leads the team in missed tackles

Ludicrous Speed

Starter
« #26 : December 01, 2011, 01:22:54 AM »

5-10, 184 seems a little small to play safety, no?  And at a position even more important in stopping the run, which is where Steve White says 90% of the time he's a liability, you'd be plugging in a guy three inches shorter and 35 lbs lighter.

Meet the new bossSame as the old boss

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 01, 2011, 02:56:09 AM »

Get rid of everybody but Joseph, Penn, and Trueblood. Clean house and dump Gruden's turds, all of them.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #28 : December 01, 2011, 08:01:51 AM »

Why does anyone think Zuttah is the answer at Center? Sure he may be better than Faine, but so is Morris's mother. He gets worked over just as much as others plus doesn't anyone remember his wild snaps?
yep

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 01, 2011, 08:05:36 AM »

His coverage has been pretty bad but I believe he also leads the team in missed tackles

to be fair he's at least trying to tackle and then missing we have a couple of other guys who haven't been close enough to qualify for misses. Still, he will I imagine retire at the end of this season.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “There’s Not A Lot Of Use For Him Here” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools