Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We don't need to fire Olson...we need to bench Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: December 01, 2011, 11:44:23 AM

11 games in and he still has the same issues. He's making the same mistakes over and over again. Maybe a sideline perspective is what he needs. Our offense is offensive and they don't scare anybody. Start Josh Johnson. Let's see what he can do with these receivers and Blount. He can't play any worse and at least he is a threat to run the ball when all of his receivers are covered. He won't take a sack.

Freeman is in a rut and I don't see a change in sight. Give him a fresh start next year. Let's see what JJ can do here before he wins a SB for the 'Niners. It's no fun watching Freeman struggle week after week.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 01, 2011, 11:47:34 AM

First of all, you should kick yourself in the nuts. Benching Freeman for a game or two maybe a good idea. But to say Olsen isn't the problem is as crazy as....kicking yourself in the nuts.

Bookert1905

Starter
#2 : December 01, 2011, 12:00:39 PM

11 games in and he still has the same issues. He's making the same mistakes over and over again. Maybe a sideline perspective is what he needs. Our offense is offensive and they don't scare anybody. Start Josh Johnson. Let's see what he can do with these receivers and Blount. He can't play any worse and at least he is a threat to run the ball when all of his receivers are covered. He won't take a sack.

Freeman is in a rut and I don't see a change in sight. Give him a fresh start next year. Let's see what JJ can do here before he wins a SB for the 'Niners. It's no fun watching Freeman struggle week after week.

LMAO what?? So because a young QB is making the same mistakes over and over again we need to bench him? Instead of looking at the coachs who allow him to make those same mistakes, gotcha. Yeah benching will help the confidence....

The bolded part is the best part. We seen what JJ could do and that was worse, so NO!

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#3 : December 01, 2011, 12:11:23 PM

Already saw enough of Josh Johnson in 2009, unless he plays better as a OLB than a QB I don't want to see Josh Johnson on the football field. Give Freeman as many reps as he can to regain his lost confidence and continue to get better and learn.

These last games of 2011 should be to prepare all these young players for 2012, and properly evaluate the coaching staff to see if they are worthy of coming back in 2012.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

moose40

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 01, 2011, 12:11:42 PM

well, anytime a qb struggles, the obvious answer is the #2 qb. (please understand there is sarcasm here)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 01, 2011, 12:14:50 PM

First of all, you should kick yourself in the nuts. Benching Freeman for a game or two maybe a good idea. But to say Olsen isn't the problem is as crazy as....kicking yourself in the nuts.

Manners are not a high priority for you I see.

The problem would not exist if Freeman could execute the plays as called. He can't. He is still starring down his receivers and throwing interceptions. He knows he shouldn't do that, yet he still does. That is not on Olson. That's on Freeman.

Is the 12 part your age?

Even if you don't agree, try acting like it's OK for someone to have an opinion that's not yours.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 01, 2011, 12:31:27 PM

Another bench Freeman thread, eh?

Start JJ?  See what he can do??  Win a SB with the 49ers???

Really?

....no seriously...

REALLLYYY???

LMFAO!

You must not of been around for the 2009 season.  JJ is a career backup at best....POINT BLANK.

I actually cannot wait for him to be gone so we stop with the dumbass wildcat plays that we do with him every now and again.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 01, 2011, 12:33:50 PM

LMAO what?? So because a young QB is making the same mistakes over and over again we need to bench him? Instead of looking at the coachs who allow him to make those same mistakes, gotcha. Yeah benching will help the confidence....

The bolded part is the best part. We seen what JJ could do and that was worse, so NO!

That is complete speculation that the coaches are allowing him to make those same mistakes. What is not speculation is that he is making the same mistakes constantly. A lot of his passes are just innacurate anyway, which is only his fault.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 01, 2011, 12:38:13 PM

Already saw enough of Josh Johnson in 2009, unless he plays better as a OLB than a QB I don't want to see Josh Johnson on the football field. Give Freeman as many reps as he can to regain his lost confidence and continue to get better and learn.

These last games of 2011 should be to prepare all these young players for 2012, and properly evaluate the coaching staff to see if they are worthy of coming back in 2012.

yea... you already saw Josh Johnson in 2009, the year the bucs were were comprised of its worst roster in the last decade and a half... Josh Johnson may not be a potential starting QB anywhere in the NFL, but gaurantee he would play better than Freeman has been playing. Johnson never had Mike WIlliams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker, Blount, and the Oline may not be good but its protecting a hell of a lot better than it was when he was playing in 2009.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 01, 2011, 12:38:58 PM

That is complete speculation that the coaches are allowing him to make those same mistakes. What is not speculation is that he is making the same mistakes constantly. A lot of his passes are just innacurate anyway, which is only his fault.

sarcasm alert....
But Pepsi, you are forgetting the throws aren't his fault, they are caused by the oline not blocking well enough so he doesn't have time to step into his throws.
end sarcasm alert....
I'm not bashing Freeman, I think he's an average to good NFL qb, but his accuracy is questionable at best.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 01, 2011, 12:44:43 PM

sarcasm alert....
But Pepsi, you are forgetting the throws aren't his fault, they are caused by the oline not blocking well enough so he doesn't have time to step into his throws.
end sarcasm alert....
I'm not bashing Freeman, I think he's an average to good NFL qb, but his accuracy is questionable at best.

Yea and people think the problem is a lot more complicated than it is. Whats wrong with Freeman has been really simple, he's throwing the ball bad. behind people, too high, way over, into heavy coverage.  Of course he'll have some really nice throws but the ratio of good to bad ones is 2:4 and I think thats being nice..

BucD

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 01, 2011, 12:48:52 PM

Yea sure...he's thrown some inaccurate passes...but he's also had his receivers drop A LOT of passes and he's still completing almost 62% of his passes.  Sure that number could be skewed a bit because of the dump off passes...but if a receiver isn't open...YOU TAKE THE CHECK DOWN...it also doesn't help that he's, more than likely, lost a lot of confidence in his receivers due to their failures of catching the ball and/or getting open and/or running the correct route.

So many factors come into play here.  Does Freeman deserve some of the blame?  Of course.  Has he thrown some dumb balls?  Yup.  Have the WR's dropped balls, some of those resulting in picks?  Yup.  Have the WR's ran the wrong routes resulting in INTs?  More than likely...can't say for sure as we as fans know maybe 10% of what is going on on the field.  Play being called...routes etc. etc.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 01, 2011, 12:53:38 PM

The problems Josh Johnson had in 2009 is the same problems our players are having today. Bad play calling. They tried to make him a pocket passer when he clearly isn't one. Although I do think it would be cool to make him a WR because he does has some wheels.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 01, 2011, 12:53:52 PM

we need to bench Freeman

maybe the dumbest thing posted on this message board in a long, long time

And recently, that's saying A LOT!

Theoldbuc

Starter

#14 : December 01, 2011, 12:54:21 PM

yea... you already saw Josh Johnson in 2009, the year the bucs were were comprised of its worst roster in the last decade and a half... Josh Johnson may not be a potential starting QB anywhere in the NFL, but gaurantee he would play better than Freeman has been playing. Johnson never had Mike WIlliams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker, Blount, and the Oline may not be good but its protecting a hell of a lot better than it was when he was playing in 2009.

However, with the very same roster Johnson had, Freeman was able to get some wins. Remember the comeback against GB? And of course, forget last year. With all the talk about Freeman mistakes, name a QB who has had success with a team that leads the league in dropped balls. Has a knack for, not only a lot of penalties, but penalties on big plays. What he said!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We don't need to fire Olson...we need to bench Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools