Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We don't need to fire Olson...we need to bench Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 01, 2011, 01:01:11 PM

First of all, you should kick yourself in the nuts. Benching Freeman for a game or two maybe a good idea. But to say Olsen isn't the problem is as crazy as....kicking yourself in the nuts.

Manners are not a high priority for you I see.

The problem would not exist if Freeman could execute the plays as called. He can't. He is still starring down his receivers and throwing interceptions. He knows he shouldn't do that, yet he still does. That is not on Olson. That's on Freeman.

Is the 12 part your age?

Even if you don't agree, try acting like it's OK for someone to have an opinion that's not yours.

Learn how to take a joke dude, You do have to admit this is a bad thread. In other words lets compare Tim Tebow to Josh Johnson....yes Josh Johnson.  Denver calls plays that allows Tebow to do his thing either if its running or passing. When Josh Johnson was starting they tried to make him a pocket passer like Leftwich when he is not. I compare the two because JJ has all the abilties Tebow has. In other words, coaching can make a difference in a players performance.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 01, 2011, 01:01:41 PM

well, anytime a qb struggles, the obvious answer is the #2 qb. (please understand there is sarcasm here)

Freeman has struggled in 11 straight games. He hasn't looked good even in the wins. The offense accounted for 1 TD and 1 FG in 4 quarters of play last week. That's pathetic. Freeman is repeating bad habits. The playoffs are a pipe dream. I'm not promoting JJ over Freeman for the next decade, just a game or five. Freeman is in a rut and he's dragging the team down with him. Freeman needs a break and this team needs a spark...a confidence builder. I understand that it's not all on Freeman, but he is the key and he's not functioning like we know he can. He was the top rated QB in the league in the last quarter of 2010. He's one of the worst right now. I believe Freeman is the franchise and will return to form next year. I don't believe he can do it in the next month. We need to salvage something from a lost cause. I don't want Freeman to forget how to win. If he loses many more, he just might. Last year he built his confidence over the course of the season. If we lose to the Panthers, that will kill his confidence. Their rookie QB is kicking ass, even in their losses. The 2003 loss to the Colts took the wind out of our sails. The recovery from a loss this week would be even harder. I believe JJ gives us a better chance to win right now.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 01, 2011, 01:12:17 PM

Already saw enough of Josh Johnson in 2009, unless he plays better as a OLB than a QB I don't want to see Josh Johnson on the football field. Give Freeman as many reps as he can to regain his lost confidence and continue to get better and learn.

These last games of 2011 should be to prepare all these young players for 2012, and properly evaluate the coaching staff to see if they are worthy of coming back in 2012.

yea... you already saw Josh Johnson in 2009, the year the bucs were were comprised of its worst roster in the last decade and a half... Josh Johnson may not be a potential starting QB anywhere in the NFL, but gaurantee he would play better than Freeman has been playing. Johnson never had Mike WIlliams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker, Blount, and the Oline may not be good but its protecting a hell of a lot better than it was when he was playing in 2009.

However, with the very same roster Johnson had, Freeman was able to get some wins. Remember the comeback against GB? And of course, forget last year. With all the talk about Freeman mistakes, name a QB who has had success with a team that leads the league in dropped balls. Has a knack for, not only a lot of penalties, but penalties on big plays. What he said!

I hear you man, but it still has nothing to do with how Freeman is playing now. How does his past success in one season have anything to do with this season. It hasn't been just been some occasional struggling from a young QB, its been like 10 out or 11 games where's he has been a below average QB.  Freeman played better in 2009 than Johnson... ok, but Freemans offense is wayyy better than it was back then yet he's throwing terrible. Right now with this team I guarantee you that Johnson would play better. I mean it doesn't matter, you still can't sit Freeman. However, if Freeman is out because of some shoulder injury this week, you'll see Johnson play better.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#18 : December 01, 2011, 01:31:45 PM

Already saw enough of Josh Johnson in 2009, unless he plays better as a OLB than a QB I don't want to see Josh Johnson on the football field. Give Freeman as many reps as he can to regain his lost confidence and continue to get better and learn.

These last games of 2011 should be to prepare all these young players for 2012, and properly evaluate the coaching staff to see if they are worthy of coming back in 2012.

yea... you already saw Josh Johnson in 2009, the year the bucs were were comprised of its worst roster in the last decade and a half... Josh Johnson may not be a potential starting QB anywhere in the NFL, but gaurantee he would play better than Freeman has been playing. Johnson never had Mike WIlliams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker, Blount, and the Oline may not be good but its protecting a hell of a lot better than it was when he was playing in 2009.

However, with the very same roster Johnson had, Freeman was able to get some wins. Remember the comeback against GB? And of course, forget last year. With all the talk about Freeman mistakes, name a QB who has had success with a team that leads the league in dropped balls. Has a knack for, not only a lot of penalties, but penalties on big plays. What he said!

I hear you man, but it still has nothing to do with how Freeman is playing now. How does his past success in one season have anything to do with this season. It hasn't been just been some occasional struggling from a young QB, its been like 10 out or 11 games where's he has been a below average QB.  Freeman played better in 2009 than Johnson... ok, but Freemans offense is wayyy better than it was back then yet he's throwing terrible. Right now with this team I guarantee you that Johnson would play better. I mean it doesn't matter, you still can't sit Freeman. However, if Freeman is out because of some shoulder injury this week, you'll see Johnson play better.

I am not sold on the idea that Freeman is playing as bad as some are complaining. While his QB rating isn't stellar, ala 2010, his rating is around 75 with his receivers leading the league in drops. Also, in the games I have seen, several int's were catchable balls dropped by the receivers or simply taken away by the defender. That's why I don't buy the idea that his play is terrible. THe results are but when you factor in a wrong route here and there, which I am guessing that has happened and all the penalties, it is hard to judge QB play.

As far as 2009, it was in response to JJ being better in 2009 if he had the current cast. They both had the same cast. No one would argue they JJ performed better.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 01, 2011, 01:41:38 PM

Bucs need to see what they have in Freeman so they can proceed in the off season accordingly.  If he is stinks up the last five games the Bucs FO must prepare for a contingency plan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 01, 2011, 01:53:40 PM

the Bucs need to sit freeman if he is banged up.  then give him some more protection next year.  he has shown he can be a quality QB and a leader.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 01, 2011, 01:56:29 PM

JJ may start Sunday anyway,  Free is hurting.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 01, 2011, 04:38:42 PM

Bucs need to see what they have in Freeman so they can proceed in the off season accordingly.  If he is stinks up the last five games the Bucs FO must prepare for a contingency plan.

They know what he is capable of from last season. What they don't know is how well JJ can do as a starter with the weapons now available to him. I believe JJ IS the best contingency plan for the Bucs, and would prefer that role for the Bucs over being a backup for San Francisco. Freeman isn't going to suddenly see the light and turn things around. He needs a full off-season to do that. We need to know for sure that JJ is the best option if Free gets injured. There is no better time to find out than right now when the only thing this team is playing for is pride.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We don't need to fire Olson...we need to bench Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools