Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Uh o LSU « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 04, 2011, 10:12:56 AM

bama had 2 top 25s

osu had 5

seems clear to me

Except OSU's loss wasn't to a good team.  Alabama's loss was to the best team in the country, by a field goal in OT.

It's not that clear-cut.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 04, 2011, 11:16:17 AM

bama had 2 top 25s

osu had 5

seems clear to me

who were OSU's?  and where are they ranked now?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 04, 2011, 11:37:42 AM

First this "they didn't win their conference" argument is irrelevant. It punishes the #2 team because they are in a tough conference. If Bama was in the Big 10 and went 11-1 and their only losses was to an undefeated #1 IN OT, would they still not deserve it?

Second, Is this not even more proof that a PO system is needed. I liked what Gary Danielson proposed; 6 teams seeded. the to 2 seeds get a bye and HAVE to be Conference winners. The seeds chosen by a select committee. In that system LSU and OK St. would be 1 & 2, 3-6 would include Bama and 3 of BSU, Stanford, Oregon, or maybe Wi, or Houston.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 04, 2011, 11:56:55 AM

I like the 6 team playoff suggestions, but there will still be the number 7-12 teams beotching about not being #6.  There is no way to prevent it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 04, 2011, 11:59:28 AM

Take the logos and conferences off.

Team A is 11-1. They have the #2 scoring Offense and the #3 Total Offense. The have the 61st ranked scoring Defense, and the 116th ranked Total (yrds/gm) Defense.

Team B is 11-1. They have the #1 ranked (yrds/gm) defense and the #1 ranked scoring defense. They have the #16 ranked scoring offense and the #29th ranked Yrds/gm offense.

So who is better, A with 2, 3, 61, 116 or B with 1,1, 16, 29??

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 04, 2011, 12:04:50 PM

Take the logos and conferences off.

Team A is 11-1. They have the #2 scoring Offense and the #3 Total Offense. The have the 61st ranked scoring Defense, and the 116th ranked Total (yrds/gm) Defense.

Team B is 11-1. They have the #1 ranked (yrds/gm) defense and the #1 ranked scoring defense. They have the #16 ranked scoring offense and the #29th ranked Yrds/gm offense.

So who is better, A with 2, 3, 61, 116 or B with 1,1, 16, 29??

When you figure in who Team A and B lost to, it makes that argument even more compelling.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 04, 2011, 12:22:43 PM

i dont care what bama has done. they couldnt win their division or their conference. thats big to me. you have to earn your way into the championship, not get it handed to you. the media is completely behind the SEC and sucks them off collectively. they want a rematch even though it will be another boring low score game. i fully expect bama in the title even though they dont deserve it. they couldnt take care of business but theyll get a mulligan.

just one more reason we need a playoff. nothin we can do complaining about it on the internet

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 04, 2011, 12:45:44 PM

I agree that Bama is the #2 team in the nation, but I'd much rather see Okie St in the Championship purely because we've already seen the other game (and it was a great game)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 04, 2011, 12:53:39 PM

I agree that Bama is the #2 team in the nation, but I'd much rather see Okie St in the Championship purely because we've already seen the other game (and it was a great game)

A "Championship" game should be the 2 best teams. Bowl games are for seeing that "other game". Do we want a Championship Game or a glorified Bowl Game?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 04, 2011, 01:03:00 PM

i dont care what bama has done.

Well, the closed-minded approach is always best.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 04, 2011, 02:33:16 PM

A "Championship" game should be the 2 best teams. Bowl games are for seeing that "other game". Do we want a Championship Game or a glorified Bowl Game?

We've already seen the Championship game, so I'd like to see the bowl game

ranman

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 04, 2011, 04:49:58 PM

Liked Gundy's response.  You can watch another 9to 6 game or watch a 39 to 36 game.  Vote for what you would prefer.  Clearly CBS made it clear who they liked yesterday.  Lundquist should have rug burns......

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 04, 2011, 10:47:36 PM

Liked Gundy's response.  You can watch another 9to 6 game or watch a 39 to 36 game.  Vote for what you would prefer.

I almost wish Ok. State would have got the nod so LSU could have hold them to 2 scores.

35+ points?  Come on....

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 05, 2011, 01:28:13 AM

Oklahoma State score 36 on this defense, LOL, yeah right.  Oklahoma State would have to play LSU two - three times to score 36 on this defense as lets not forget this is a defense that makes me remember the Bucs with Brooks, Sapp, Rice, Ronde, Shelton, etc.  Hell, LSU could beat the Bucs and a couple other NFL teams.  This has been a special season for LSU and although I disagree that LSU should have to play Alabama for the National Championship (we already played them at their house and beat them) this is how the system is set up.  Now, if Alabama beats LSU it really should be a split National Championship as each team would have one loss with LSU beating Bama in Bama and Bama beating LSU on a neutral field, plus LSU played a tougher schedule.  Just look at how LSU has DOMINATED everyone other than Alabama - amazing.

ranman

Pro Bowler

#29 : December 05, 2011, 06:18:38 AM

Now, if Alabama beats LSU it really should be a split National Championship as each team would have one loss with LSU beating Bama in Bama and Bama beating LSU on a neutral field, plus LSU played a tougher schedule.  Just look at how LSU has DOMINATED everyone other than Alabama - amazing.

Which is why a rematch for the ncg sucks.  The whole reason for the bcs, other than money, was to create one natl champion.  Oh well, i am tired of years of debating the system.  This year's playoff scenario would have been fun with osu, stanfor, bama, and lsu.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Uh o LSU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools