Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will The Glazerhouses Keep Raheem if the Bucs go 5-11 or 6-10...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2011, 09:40:34 PM

I'm fearful of this team only winning one or two more games this season...

The Kittys are not the two guaranteed wins I had us penciled in for (I'd bet we lose at least one of the two) at the beginning of the year, and EVERY game left has the opportunity to be a loss.

The Jags always give us a game, and the Fal-cons and Cowgirls will probably be playing for a playoff spot.  We could EASILY lose 3 or 4 of the last games, and I'm wondering where the "be patient" crowd would be then...?  Yeah Chidi...  I'm curious if YOU would still be telling us fans not to do do the "Two Step", or if we should finally do "The One Step"...  An overdue kick in the arse to Raheem & Co.?

No...  I'm not being a "the sky is falling" guy on this one.  I'm just curious if the the Glazers could even think about having the audacity to try to sell us on the idea that "The Plan" is still working.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2011, 09:52:49 PM

I think the only way Morris is even considered for termination is if they lose out.

I think there's more of a chance of Morris getting a one year extension than being fired.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 03, 2011, 10:00:29 PM

Should they? Yes, will they? Not really sure

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2011, 10:05:36 PM

Yes.

They knew Rah wasn't going to fill the stands after they fired Gruden from the get go. Heck, they literally sent Dom to the masses explaining it was a "grow together" situation, so they obviously had time on their hands. So do you think they care? Hell no, not really. There doesn't have to be a single soul in Rayjay and they'll still make money ,or at the very least, have everything paid for. They'll do whatever the hell they want, that being featherdusting the bottom line. Which is also why they're the worst owners a team could ever hope for. I'd call them SOB's but I don't want to disrespect the wife of the guy that brought Tampa a Lombardi.

You had just better hope ONE year is all you're going to have to put up with. Because as you probably know, as a Bucs fan you're used to excuses. They'll come up with something.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2011, 10:10:19 PM

I think the only way Morris is even considered for termination is if they lose out.

I think there's more of a chance of Morris getting a one year extension than being fired.

Ya see...  Right there...   ^^  THAT  ^^

The sad part is - I think you're right.  I also think the Glazers will REMAIN thrilled with having among the leagues lowest paid front office as well, and getting away with it.

I'm thinking what we're REALLY going to find out is this...........    Does raheem "have this locker room"?

For the most part the coaches have got this team as prepared (coached up) as they're going to by this point of the season.

The players are going to be the ones to determine if Raheem stays.

Or should I say... deserves to stay.  And if that turns out to be the case, Dom's presser should prove interesting as he "explains" to the buying public why we should contnue to shell out our clams.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2011, 10:27:34 PM

Yes.

They knew Rah wasn't going to fill the stands after they fired Gruden from the get go. Heck, they literally sent Dom to the masses explaining it was a "grow together" situation, so they obviously had time on their hands. So do you think they care? Hell no, not really. There doesn't have to be a single soul in Rayjay and they'll still make money ,or at the very least, have everything paid for. They'll do whatever the hell they want, that being featherdusting the bottom line. Which is also why they're the worst owners a team could ever hope for. I'd call them SOB's but I don't want to disrespect the wife of the guy that brought Tampa a Lombardi.

You had just better hope ONE year is all you're going to have to put up with. Because as you probably know, as a Bucs fan you're used to excuses. They'll come up with something.

/thread...?

Thank you for having a total grasp of the macro-economics of the NFL.  What stood out to me the most:

So do you think they care? Hell no, not really.

That's a true fans worst nightmare...  An owner, who's payroll is ALWAYS among the lowest in the league, coupled with the "actual owner" (you remember - the guy that WAS determined to bring a championship to this city) not running the team any more, and then add in the fact that the Glazer Boys just aren't "football guys"...

It's not in their blood man.  They didn't grow up around the game.  They've never had pads on.  They don't have passion for anything but the almighty dollar.  That's not a bad thing...  It good.  Norman Gecko: "Greed is good..."

I just want owners who blatantly have their wallets open, and allow their yungry GM to actually "spend us up" to just below the league max, leaving enough wiggle room available if injuries dictate the need for it, or if a good player comes along that we'd like to make a play for - or at least be able to try.  Heck, due to the "supposed" difficulty we have luring FAs here - I'd actually like Dom to be okayed to actually over-spend to get us top-teir talent.

Let us get a reputation for not being afraid to spend...  and Dom's phone won't stop blowin' up...!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

TBO_Buccaneers TBO Buccaneers
Ira: Bucs ownership will be looking for signs of improvement in the final 5 games. Otherwise, Raheem Morris could be out after 3 seasons.
11 hours ago

Keep Dom.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2011, 10:34:58 PM

Ira: Bucs ownership will be looking for signs of improvement in the final 5 games. Otherwise, Raheem Morris could be out after 3 seasons.
11 hours ago

Keep Dom.

Well then I am certainly cheering hard against the Bucs

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 03, 2011, 10:42:32 PM

"Make Rah Leave-O for Tebow", Huh TFT?.....*Vomits*

Just root for the team, not who the coach is.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2011, 10:46:27 PM

11 hours ago

Keep Dom.

Bee_A_Tuhls...  Ira K. spouting something like that is like me saying "If they Bucs win 3 Raheem will be retained"...

It's an opinion from a sportswriter - not a press release B...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2011, 10:47:36 PM

Huh...................?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 03, 2011, 10:47:44 PM

We are close to being a playoff team, all we need is a good draft position, a  real head coach, and at least a decent offensive coordinator. This season is over, so I am cheering for the future which doesn't include Morris or Olson

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 03, 2011, 10:48:44 PM

I just posted it cause it relates to the topic. :)

Nice to see you again BFTW...thought ya gave up on us. How're you? :8)

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2011, 10:53:07 PM

Doing okay B......  How does Tebow relate to the topic...?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 03, 2011, 10:57:04 PM

Doing okay B......  How does Tebow relate to the topic...?

Because I am a Tebow fan

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will The Glazerhouses Keep Raheem if the Bucs go 5-11 or 6-10...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools