Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With The 5th Pick In The Draft The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 04, 2011, 05:32:09 PM

Barkley

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#16 : December 04, 2011, 05:42:33 PM

WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 04, 2011, 05:52:28 PM

4 would be nice.  Dolphins won, KC won,  I was rooting for Minny but that went down at the last minute.  Top 5 pick would be realistic I think.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 06, 2011, 03:32:26 PM

I know Kalil is the best LT prospect in this draft but can he play RT for awhile?

i assume so, if not he shouldnt be a top prospect imo.
can Penn play RT?  I don't think so. 

LUGZ

Rookie

#19 : December 06, 2011, 03:42:39 PM

Really depends on how we handle the offseason. If we improve our Oline via FA, then I say bring in Trent Richardson. If our FO starts "cleaning house" as some are suggesting on the board, Blount may not be back. Even if he is, Richardson and Blount running behind a good Oline > Freeman throwing to Blackmon or Claiborne in the secondary.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 06, 2011, 03:54:46 PM

I'd take Kalil in a heartbeat although I tend to think we'll pick more like 8-10 than 3-5.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 06, 2011, 05:23:43 PM

can Penn play RT?  I don't think so.

i dont consider penn a top LT.  or top prospect for that matter.  if he entered the 2012 draft i wouldnt spend an early pick on him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

buchead

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 06, 2011, 08:06:31 PM

But why cant penn play RT? If we draft the best LT on the board would Penn at RT be an upgrade over True? I was under the impression that the LTs deal with the premier DEs because its the QBs blind side. So if Penn can man the left fairly well, then IMO if we are high enough to get the top LT we could move Penn to RT and upgrade 2 positions at once.  Only problem with drafting an LT that high is we already paid Penn like a pro bowl LT. Alot of money tied up in tackles even with the rookie wage scale.
: December 06, 2011, 08:08:53 PM buchead

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 06, 2011, 08:28:07 PM

But why cant penn play RT? If we draft the best LT on the board would Penn at RT be an upgrade over True? I was under the impression that the LTs deal with the premier DEs because its the QBs blind side. So if Penn can man the left fairly well, then IMO if we are high enough to get the top LT we could move Penn to RT and upgrade 2 positions at once.  Only problem with drafting an LT that high is we already paid Penn like a pro bowl LT. Alot of money tied up in tackles even with the rookie wage scale.

Penn could definitely upgrade pass pro on the right side, but he's not a very stron run blocker, which is usually what you want from your RT

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 06, 2011, 08:29:29 PM

Penn can't run block well. But he might do alright in that department with Joseph next to him.

LUGZ

Rookie

#25 : December 06, 2011, 08:41:13 PM

I'd say leave Penn alone. If we bring in a tackle with the top pick, put him on the right side so he can start getting some experience. Someone like Rieff would be a large upgrade over Trueblood, even though he's a "Left Tackle". Then, once Penn starts to decline, we can kick Rieff over.

But I'm really hoping we address the Oline prior to the draft...someone like Nicks or Grubbs. If we do that, here's my "big board" of players and the order they should be taken in with our #1:

1: Trent Richardson
2: Justin Blackmon
3: Riley Rieff
4: Morris Claiborne

After that, I really hope we can pick up Konz in the 2nd. Ideally, we sign Nicks, draft Richardson, then Konz. Trueblood would be serviceable on the right side, and we would have Zuttah as solid depth for the interior of the line.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 06, 2011, 08:54:32 PM

1. For the Bucs to draft fourth, an unlikely series of events has to happen. Fifth is a possibility, but even that will take losing out and some luck.
2. If they're drafting lower than sixth, Claiborne and Blackmon are likely gone.
3. I'm not a Richardson guy. He may be OK, but if we're picking fifth overall I wouldn't go that route.
4. The best part is that if we lose tiebreakers and are drafting around sixth in the first round, we could draft fourth or 36th overall in the second. This could be very critical with getting who we want in terms of a RB, CB or LB.

In Verner We Trust

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#27 : December 06, 2011, 09:00:07 PM

you guys do realize we still dont even have a top 5 pick if the season ended today right???

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Draft-Order.php

1  Indianapolis Colts 0-12  .547
2 Minnesota Vikings 2-10 .568
3 St. Louis Rams 2-10 .578
4 Jacksonville Jaguars 3-9 .505
5 Washington Redskins 4-8 .453
6 Philadelphia Eagles 4-8 .495
7 Carolina Panthers 4-8 .500
8 Miami Dolphins 4-8 .521
9 Cleveland Browns 4-8 .531
10 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-8.542

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 06, 2011, 09:00:43 PM

The O-line problem mostly exists at LG & C.  I think Trueblood and Penn, while I'm not huge fans, are serviceable - for now.

OLB, CB, RB & WR are huge needs.  Of all the guys available at those positions, Blackmon is the most interesting to me. RB (IMO) is more of a 3rd down back problem so I'd have to say Claiborne would be the next choice.  After those 2, I think you look at trading back, which should be easier to do with the cost of picks going WAY DOWN!

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#29 : December 06, 2011, 09:01:33 PM

We could trade down if a team really wants richardson if the guy we want is gone and then take one of the top LBs instead of overdrafting one.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With The 5th Pick In The Draft The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools