Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With The 5th Pick In The Draft The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 06, 2011, 09:03:03 PM

Claiborne!! 

Why draft a running back that high when you already have Blount.  No linebacker in the draft is worth that high a pick.  We probably SHOULDN'T go WR in the first, but may in order to give Freeman a REAL #1 receiver.
Matt Kalil is an excellent LT prospect but, IMO, isn't big enough right now to play RT.  He only weighs 295 lbs.  However, DeBrickashaw Fergueson only weighed 295 when he cam out, but with his height and workout efforts together with simply maturing I thin he weighs 320+ now. 

I think we should go Claiborne definitely in the first, Hightower in the 2nd.  Move Foster to Will or Sam, play Watson at the other spot.  PR says Watson is now running a 4.4 at 235 lbs.  That sounds like a will to me.

.....just my opinion

freddy

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 06, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

The O-line problem mostly exists at LG & C.  I think Trueblood and Penn, while I'm not huge fans, are serviceable - for now.

Agreed with that, but if a LG or Center is not available (for his value) at our pick in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd gladly take a good RT instead.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 06, 2011, 09:10:20 PM

Claiborne!! 

Why draft a running back that high when you already have Blount.  No linebacker in the draft is worth that high a pick.  We probably SHOULDN'T go WR in the first, but may in order to give Freeman a REAL #1 receiver.
Matt Kalil is an excellent LT prospect but, IMO, isn't big enough right now to play RT.  He only weighs 295 lbs.  However, DeBrickashaw Fergueson only weighed 295 when he cam out, but with his height and workout efforts together with simply maturing I thin he weighs 320+ now. 

I think we should go Claiborne definitely in the first, Hightower in the 2nd.  Move Foster to Will or Sam, play Watson at the other spot.  PR says Watson is now running a 4.4 at 235 lbs.  That sounds like a will to me.
The problem is were at 10 right now, I see us finishing around the 8th pick. Kalil is the top LT he'll go top 5. Claiborne and Blackmon probably get picked before us but we'll see how everything plays out.

LUGZ

Rookie

#33 : December 06, 2011, 09:12:16 PM

Claiborne!! 

Trent Richardson is a special back...plus he's  COMPLETE back, where Blount is not one. If we stick with Blount as our primary back, then we're forced to find a complimentary back in the draft or FA.

Richardson solves so many problems for us. First of all, Trent doesn't need another back to fulfill a role he can't do. He's a 3 down back. This allows us to keep our identity every down he's on the field...which is a power running football team. Richardson and Blount would instantly become the best rushing duo in the league in my opinion.

Now this is all predicated on us handling our business in the offseason and adding quality Oline starters via FA. If our FO let's the team down and doesn't come through in that department...then our pick needs to be Oline in the 1st.

Only if Richardson, Blackmon, and Reiff are gone should we go to Claiborne...again, in my opinion.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 06, 2011, 09:15:34 PM

you guys do realize we still dont even have a top 5 pick if the season ended today right???

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Draft-Order.php

1  Indianapolis Colts 0-12  .547
2 Minnesota Vikings 2-10 .568
3 St. Louis Rams 2-10 .578
4 Jacksonville Jaguars 3-9 .505
5 Washington Redskins 4-8 .453
6 Philadelphia Eagles 4-8 .495
7 Carolina Panthers 4-8 .500
8 Miami Dolphins 4-8 .521
9 Cleveland Browns 4-8 .531
10 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-8.542

just give us a few weeks

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 06, 2011, 09:17:08 PM

us being a power running team is a myth. 

get a real OL and any RB can hit a hole.  shoot, pick up peyton hillis and convert preston parker to 3rd down back to run behind a line of penn-joseph-?-nicks-reiff.  question mark being ben jones, 3rd round pick.  and stocker and 2nd round pick dwyane allen at TE.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#36 : December 06, 2011, 09:19:22 PM

I think we end up with 8-10 pick in the Draft, and if that's the case, I'd go David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin in the 2nd, if he's not there I'll take Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State
and LaMichael James, RB, Oregon in the 3rd.

I'd also trade back in the first, to a QB needy team, and take DeCastro a few spots later.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

LUGZ

Rookie

#37 : December 06, 2011, 09:25:22 PM

us being a power running team is a myth. 

get a real OL and any RB can hit a hole.  shoot, pick up peyton hillis and convert preston parker to 3rd down back to run behind a line of penn-joseph-?-nicks-reiff.  question mark being ben jones, 3rd round pick.  and stocker and 2nd round pick dwyane allen at TE.

We aren't a power running team right now...but that's what we want to be. And I find it disturbing that so many people are completely undervaluing the RB position. So you mean to tell me, behind a good offensive line, Kregg Lumpkin will get the same production as Adrian Peterson?

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#38 : December 06, 2011, 09:28:46 PM

Lumpkin needs to go, I saw more from Madu on Sunday than I have from Lumpkin all season...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

LUGZ

Rookie

#39 : December 06, 2011, 09:29:01 PM

I think we end up with 8-10 pick in the Draft, and if that's the case, I'd go David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin in the 2nd, if he's not there I'll take Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State

I'd also trade back in the first, to a QB needy team, and take DeCastro a few spots later.

I'm certainly not opposed to that draft strategy. But man, it's going to be hard passing up on Richardson if he's there waiting for us. If I recall correctly, we've passed on both Steven Jackson AND Adrian Peterson...don't want to pass on yet another stud rusher.

But yeah, DeCastro, Konz and James would help our offense a TON. Would be awesome if trading back netted us another 2nd round pick as well. Maybe pick up a LB or CB with that pick.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 06, 2011, 09:29:26 PM

Claiborne!! 

Trent Richardson is a special back...plus he's  COMPLETE back, where Blount is not one. If we stick with Blount as our primary back, then we're forced to find a complimentary back in the draft or FA.

Richardson solves so many problems for us. First of all, Trent doesn't need another back to fulfill a role he can't do. He's a 3 down back. This allows us to keep our identity every down he's on the field...which is a power running football team. Richardson and Blount would instantly become the best rushing duo in the league in my opinion.

Now this is all predicated on us handling our business in the offseason and adding quality Oline starters via FA. If our FO let's the team down and doesn't come through in that department...then our pick needs to be Oline in the 1st.

Only if Richardson, Blackmon, and Reiff are gone should we go to Claiborne...again, in my opinion.

You can find a RB in the 7th or even a undrafted free agent, and they will produce like the 1st rounders with all the hype. Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Lagarrett Blount the list goes on. However CBs are different. Look how Demarco Murry, a 3rd round rb just came in and dominated. You could never find a 3rd round cb to do that. There is just a huge difference between a top 10 drafted corner and a guy you grab later, even later in the 1st round. If Claiborne is still there no way you pass on him for an RB. Even if he looks like the next Adrian Peterson wich i dont think Richardson will be that good anyway. Name the top 5 RBs. At least 3 of those guys are on loosing teams, or teams who arent really that great.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#41 : December 06, 2011, 09:32:19 PM

I'm certainly not opposed to that draft strategy. But man, it's going to be hard passing up on Richardson if he's there waiting for us. If I recall correctly, we've passed on both Steven Jackson AND Adrian Peterson...don't want to pass on yet another stud rusher.

But yeah, DeCastro, Konz and James would help our offense a TON. Would be awesome if trading back netted us another 2nd round pick as well. Maybe pick up a LB or CB with that pick.

That would be best case, one can hope.

LUGZ

Rookie

#42 : December 06, 2011, 09:43:57 PM

Claiborne!! 

You can find a RB in the 7th or even a undrafted free agent, and they will produce like the 1st rounders with all the hype. Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Lagarrett Blount the list goes on. However CBs are different. Look how Demarco Murry, a 3rd round rb just came in and dominated. You could never find a 3rd round cb to do that. There is just a huge difference between a top 10 drafted corner and a guy you grab later, even later in the 1st round. If Claiborne is still there no way you pass on him for an RB. Even if he looks like the next Adrian Peterson wich i dont think Richardson will be that good anyway. Name the top 5 RBs. At least 3 of those guys are on loosing teams, or teams who arent really that great.

Well, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round...so obviously drafting one in the 1st round is a waste, right? For your typical back, yeah, you can get similar production regardless of the round they were chosen. But Richardson isn't a typical back. He's going to be a beast in this league...why not have him be on our team?

And if our Dline performs like it SHOULD, then I don't think we need a top CB like Claiborne. And if they don't start getting pressure, it's not going to matter if he's back there or not.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft Claiborne, but only if Richardson, Blackmon, and Reiff are off the board.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 06, 2011, 09:45:18 PM

The O-line problem mostly exists at LG & C.  I think Trueblood and Penn, while I'm not huge fans, are serviceable - for now.

Trueblood has given up the most QB pressures in the league of any player at any position

buchead

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 06, 2011, 09:51:36 PM

Claiborne!! 

Well, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round...so obviously drafting one in the 1st round is a waste, right? For your typical back, yeah, you can get similar production regardless of the round they were chosen. But Richardson isn't a typical back. He's going to be a beast in this league...why not have him be on our team?

And if our Dline performs like it SHOULD, then I don't think we need a top CB like Claiborne. And if they don't start getting pressure, it's not going to matter if he's back there or not.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft Claiborne, but only if Richardson, Blackmon, and Reiff are off the board.

Well Im saying we shouldnt draft Richardson unless Claiborne is off the board
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With The 5th Pick In The Draft The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools