Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: after this debacle should Morris be fired at end of season-new poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#15 : December 04, 2011, 03:56:33 PM

I don't think you fire him now.  That really accomplishes nothing.

The key is hiring the GM.   If you can get a great GM, he will know who the best coaches in waiting are, or he may even be able to convince a good coach to come here because they have faith in the GM and the way he runs and organization.   If Dominick is still the GM, you would be hard pressed to have a good coach willing to stake his success and reputation on an unproven GM.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 04, 2011, 04:02:47 PM

The key is hiring the GM.   If you can get a great GM, he will know who the best coaches in waiting are, or he may even be able to convince a good coach to come here because they have faith in the GM and the way he runs and organization.   If Dominick is still the GM, you would be hard pressed to have a good coach willing to stake his success and reputation on an unproven GM.

Um, no....Dominick is Jesus. Anything he touches will turn into gold. (eyeroll)

There's NO WAY the Bucs will fire GM AND HC. That IS too drastic.

Desmond

Second String

#17 : December 04, 2011, 04:06:57 PM

Nooooo.....don't fire him now......we need more consistent non-effort in order to lockup a good draft seed.

This guy has a plan. I agree,

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 04, 2011, 04:08:17 PM

if I delete my cookies can I vote again?

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#19 : December 04, 2011, 04:11:11 PM

Um, no....Dominick is Jesus. Anything he touches will turn into gold. (eyeroll)

There's NO WAY the Bucs will fire GM AND HC. That IS too drastic.

You won't get a talented veteran HC to come into an organization that won't spend money on FA's (with the current talent level on this team) or be able to make sure that we draft the talent that we need to take a step to better than mediocrity.   Therefore, you either try a new assistant , retread, or college HC that will take the chance with Dom....or you replace Dom and give Raheem another year....of course as a "lame duck" as PR have stated,  you most likely won't get talented FA's to come here not knowing what might happen in a year.

I don't like rebuilding the entire org, but see few choices unless you want to hope and pray Dom really has what it takes.   And if you're are wrong, kill  the next five or six years.   Not a good situation.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 04, 2011, 04:14:28 PM

My position hasn't changed really.

Morris keeps his job if he finishes 7-9 or better.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 04, 2011, 04:15:08 PM

I think Morris sticks with a new OC and DC, full offseason and FAs

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 04, 2011, 04:16:14 PM

Agreed.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 04, 2011, 04:16:31 PM

I'm just trying to figure out what he does well as a coach right now.  I mean we saw it all against a 3-8 team:
1. Terrible first half
2. Stupid flags
3. Bad turnovers
4. Terrible tackling

It was all there this is like the PhD of bad games.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bent09

Starter

#24 : December 04, 2011, 04:16:50 PM

I said yes, but I meant fire him

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 04, 2011, 04:18:45 PM

Possibly, but a losing streak like this has to be broken at some point.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 04, 2011, 04:19:00 PM

so its about 3:1 in favor of firing him.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 04, 2011, 04:21:25 PM

Fire him. Send him back to Jersey. We don't want him either, but better he be here than ruin my football team.

In Verner We Trust

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 04, 2011, 04:22:06 PM

Possibly, but a losing streak like this has to be broken at some point.

I'd think that you can't strip away "his" OC/DC and get anyone worthwhile to come in to a place where the coach is basically a dead man walking after you emasculate him that way.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 04, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

I wanted to vote to fire him, but the way it was worded, I voted the opposite. I read the title then saw the option, "yes..." and clicked it... but the question was worded differently than the topic title.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: after this debacle should Morris be fired at end of season-new poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools