Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Post Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 04, 2011, 07:33:43 PM

Still no video as aof a few minutes ago, here is Holder's summary (which could be summed up even easier as "It's them not me to blame". He;s tossing players under the bus left and right:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/lots-hot-topics-bucs-coach-raheem-morris-press-conference

--Asked whether the teams defensive personnel needs upgrading, Morris concurred.

--"Its hard to blame your coaching staff when you know the stuff that they go through, what their preparation is like, Morris said. When we dont execute, its hard to blame anybody. But you have to. You have to blame us all. Well hold ourselves accountable. Dont just throw Greg Olson under the bus. Im the defensive coordinator and we havent been playing well. "

--We have to get better. And we will get better. I promise you that because its what I do. For me, Im not going to sit here and act like having a defensive coordinator would have made it any easier to tackle Cam Newton in the redzone today.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 04, 2011, 07:37:31 PM

Morris is choosing the coaching staff over the players. Ouch.

True the team lacks elite talent, but coaching has been sub par this season.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2011, 07:38:45 PM

Morris is choosing the coaching staff over the players. Ouch.

He took all the blame upon himself last week.  After that he probably prepared the players that he won't protect them any more and they have to be responsible for their play and execution.  Hence the Price ejection.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 04, 2011, 07:40:13 PM

I am not going to speculate as to what ultimatum he laid down before the game, but it is clear that Morris has chosen to draw a line at this point.  We shall see if it changes anything.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2011, 07:40:59 PM

I think he is ripping Dom.  He is saying he doesn't have the players he wanted.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2011, 07:43:49 PM

there is some of that too. There's none of the usual coach falls on his sword bit right now. He's pointing a lot of places.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TSKAD72

Starter
#6 : December 04, 2011, 07:45:16 PM

This guy just doesn't get it...'Freeman will be better, Blount will be better, everyone will be better and next year there will be rainbows going from endzone to endzone! It's going to be beautiful!" Excuse me, Raheem, didn't you say we were going to be better going into this year? Why is next year going to be different? TELL US WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO TO CHANGE IT. The broken record of "we'll work on it, we'll play smarter, we'll get better" crap is played out...especially considering he's been telling us all year with no improvement whatsoever - regression would be a better term. Goodbye clown.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 04, 2011, 07:45:17 PM

there is some of that too. There's none of the usual coach falls on his sword bit right now. He's pointing a lot of places.

Morris wanted Ruud back, Dom didn't.   I think all that might be coming to a head right now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2011, 07:45:38 PM

I loved how Allen gushed about Michael Bennett (RB) pre game with Chip Carter (way past the trade deadline), and then Gruden proceeded to have him inactive for a long time.  I have the same gut feeling with Morris vs Dom surfacing now....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 04, 2011, 07:48:06 PM

Morris wanted Ruud back, Dom didn't.   I think all that might be coming to a head right now.

I thought the whole vibe was always the staff didn't want him back because he wasn't "tough enough". Morris spoke well of him but that was just the usual piffle of saying nice things.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 04, 2011, 07:50:37 PM

I thought the whole vibe was always the staff didn't want him back because he wasn't "tough enough". Morris spoke well of him but that was just the usual piffle of saying nice things.

Lot of tension there between Morris and Dom I think.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#11 : December 04, 2011, 07:51:38 PM

Link? don't just make **CENSORED** up, It makes your look stupid.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 04, 2011, 07:51:52 PM

Raheem is a buffoon.  He waits until week 12 to show tough love, then does so by sneding Brian Price home?  HOME?  Please....this guy is a freakin' joke and needs the boot.  Price has poured his guts out for this team, yet the Winslows and Talibs can continue to commit ignorant penalties?!?

Morris is 2000% clueless.  I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but those days are over.  Get a real coach in here, not just one from the Bargain Basement @ Walgreen's.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : December 04, 2011, 07:52:42 PM

Dom and Morris are pretty much in this together. There is no turmoil between the two.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 04, 2011, 07:53:00 PM

lot of assumptions in this thread.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Post Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools