Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I wrote the Bucs did you? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wolfet

Pro Bowler
: December 05, 2011, 12:20:22 AM

Here is the email I sent the Bucs.  Got to the bottome for the Bucs nfl.com home page and select contact us.   You don't have to agree with me but here is what I sent as a fed-up and disgusted fan.

Dear Owners,

I doubt this email will reach anyone that matters, but I felt compelled to send my thoughts on the product you are putting on the field.  I have been a fan of the Bucs since 1977 when I moved to Florida and was five years old.  I am a serious fan, I usually come to one home game a year and one away game in the Midwest since I live in Chicago now.  I have sat through some very bad football in my time as a fan, including the 14 straight losing seasons.  There have been some challenging times as a Bucs fan, but I have not missed a game in a very long time.  I have Direct TV just to watch the Bucs games. 

Given my history, I can take a bad season every now and then as long as the team is growing and getting better.  It is the hope that keeps your most loyal fans coming back, buying tickets, and merchandise.  After last year, I was very excited about this season, but thought it might be tough.  However, I did not realize how bad it woudl be and that it would ruin my short-term outlook as a fan.  Evern during the worst seasons, I was a proud fan hoping that things woudl get better.

This season started very promising and I had the faith in the HC.  However, that has now changed.  He lost me when he blamed poor tackling for McCoy's injury.  The blowouts have been bad , the undisciplined team even worse, and the lack of maturity in the coaching is appauling.  Raheem Morris blames himself for Talib's penalites then he send Brian Price Home for a stupid mistake.  After all these years, this is the first time I am disgruntled enough to write the orginization. 

I will never stop being a Bucs fan, but even my interest has dwindled.  I like the job Dom has done as a GM, but it is time to get a professional to lead your coaches.  I don't want to get into specifics, but you need somone more professional, detailed, and disciplined to lead your coaching staff.  I don't like calling for peoples jobs, that is up to you, but this is the worst I have felt in my time as a Bucs fan and that is saying something.  The only thinkg I am looking forward to is what we do in FA and what Dom does with the great draft picks his coaching staff has provided him. 
Please do something soon to restore everyone's faith with your fans.  This has been a failed experiment with your HC, but you have found a great GM.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 05, 2011, 12:40:03 AM

I wrote them as well..

Pity, it falls on deaf ears or blind eyes though.

F the Glazers!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2011, 12:44:31 AM

Laughable that you think Dom has been great. He's handicapped the coach and stifled growth by completely ignoring to address any team needs via FA.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 05, 2011, 12:44:40 AM

I agree with what you wrote.
But this is what the Glazers are saying...

Jumper

Second String

#4 : December 05, 2011, 01:01:52 AM

Laughable that you think Dom has been great. He's handicapped the coach and stifled growth by completely ignoring to address any team needs via FA.

I honestly don't get all the love for this guy either. If and I mean IF he isn't allowed to spend anything, he isn't bad. But if you are plugging waiver wire fodder and practice squad players into your starting lineup it is an indictment against him.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#5 : December 05, 2011, 01:39:06 AM

He has had two great drafts here for sure and if Freeman rebounds three.  So are you talking about Lagarette Blount, Donald Penn, Briscoe?  Who?  There is plenty of talent on this team.  Maybe we shoudl revisit the Keith McCants days, Throwin Somoan days, or more recently Mike Clayton, Gaines Adams, etc.  The list of Bucs draft busts goes on and on.  Dom picked up some waiver wire gems and PS players that are very good players and seems to find some gems in the late rounds too.  I think in a short time he has done a good job with the drafts.  The resigning of players like Clayton and Black if it was purely his decisions were bad.  Yes, I would have signed Sproles if he wante to come here, but I do not know if it would have mattered with our coaches.  There is plenty of talent and they have wasted it.

CBWx2- I noticed you defending Raheem on another thread.  I would have been in the same plays six weeks ago, but you learn alot with adversity.  What points do you have in keeping RM.  I know you probably subscribe to the stats are for losers theory, but we are amongs the worst passing and rushing defenses in the NFL.  Our players have loafed, or what I call quit on their coaches.  The players are undisciplined because they are amongs the worst in penalties both mental and technique mistakes.  You might buy the "growing pains" arguement, but they are not progressing.  I genuinly wanted to see Raheem succeed despite being a bit rough around the edges, but both his professionalism and his inmatuirity are showing during this losing streak.  Initially, I was like get this guy a DC and a new OC, but I have now moved to the place he must go.  If they do not fire him, and I am wrong great, but another season like this would be horrible.

I believe Freeman is a franchie QB which is probably the only other one we had here with the exception of Doug Williams.  He is in the wrong offense to suit his stegnths and I am not convinced he has not been injured more this year than the Bucs let on.  The winning blinded us all about the offense last year.  Things were workign, but the league caught up and the coaches can not make adjustments.  If Freeman turns out to be a franchise QB that I think, and McCoy can overcome his bicep issues Dom will have hit on three 1st round picks in a row.  That has not happenned a lot around here.  Factor in Brian Price and Bowers in the top two rounds and he has done a good job.  GM's often take five years to understand their stregnths and weaknesses.  When Mike Mayock consistenly likes your draft it is a good thing. 

Believe it or not, I am not a fan of coaching change.  The players are not inspired, disciplined, or playing together collectively and that is on the coach.  They are an underachieving group based on their talent. 

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#6 : December 05, 2011, 01:44:16 AM

Legen that is funny!  The though crossed my mind.  The only thing better if there were dollars flowing out of the pockets. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2011, 02:53:45 AM

I honestly don't get all the love for this guy either. If and I mean IF he isn't allowed to spend anything, he isn't bad. But if you are plugging waiver wire fodder and practice squad players into your starting lineup it is an indictment against him.

Here it is in a nutshell. Don't bash me over the head about it, just trying to convey my opinion a little bit.  ;)

I think he does whatever he thinks will make Tampa better. Not only that, but he actually does know what "young" talent is, as evident with Blount, agreeing on Freeman with Rah (he has final word), and up until his second season, MW was looking like something special as well.  Foster is another one that has had some flashes as well as Price. Even fat Al did better here, than  in his entire tenure at the Redskins camp, in one single game. Kind of amazing to be able to get any production out of the fat turd, let alone decent/good production.. I know K2 is a big topic of debate right now. Regardless of that, and what is transpiring right now, making that leap of K2 shows that he wants to do whatever it takes to win. Even if he has to sacrifice some picks or pick off PSquad players and/or send HC's crying to ESPN, he's going to get his guy.

He also likes to converse with fans and genuinely loves the TB area. If you have ever been to a fan fest or offseason practices, he's out there greeting folks. Point is, if the guy is allowed to maneuver and spend, I believe he would go out and obtain some big names. An guys like Bruce Allen where just destined to move onto something else after their tenure was up here. Dom has everything invested into this team, which is exactly how I would want my GM to be, truth be told..

Dom has had his blunders, like McCoy that wasted (thus far) a 3rd rounder. That one is tough to get around, other than to say, McCoy wasn't all that bad. It's really the injury plague that concerns me. Technically, NONE of us have that forsight (if they did, McCoy isn't picked 3rd overall). Baring the excuses, K2 has been wishy-washy and somewhat old, Price and McCoy could be doing better, and MW needs to get some damn pine tar already! ugh. Ignoring the OL problem was bad, I admit. That one was a blunder IMO. I've been complaining about them for years. Biggers has been picked on, and his re-signing of Quincy and MC80 was either dumb, or a money move by the Glazers. (I think they thought MC80 would magically be starter again, you know, PS warrior and all. An with Quincy, I think it was more of a choice to go with what the HC wanted, rather than what he did. Gotta give him something.  ::) )

There is an ongoing conspiracy that suggests that the Glazers have a private cap in place however, and if that is true, there is no way he can outbid any team for a specific star caliber player. Glazers have been lowest payroll for years before Dom came along, wanted to continue trend, hired controllable HC, suggest they want to get younger to cover up them being cheap. I think it's somewhat true, as the pieces fit together pretty well IMO.

If Dom had Parcells, Cowher, Ryan, or even Reid as a HC, and he still whiffed on playmakers, THEN I would be wanting him to walk the plank. Right now, he's got a 35 year old "kid" HC and a scheme stealing, stale playcalling, selfserving idiot OC calling the shots. To say they're going to make his picks look "polished" is silly. I believe with good leadership this team would be great. If you think these guys have potential, or think these players are good, then give the guy some leeway.

Bowers
Clayborn
Bennett
Blount
Freeman
Stocker
Penn (He re-signed him)
Price
Albert
Foster

I figure, if players can play "ok" in this system, what would they do in an actual GOOD one, with an experienced, good playcalling HC/OC/DC?

Jumper

Second String

#8 : December 05, 2011, 03:39:20 AM

Don't get me wrong, I like the draft picks for the most part, and Blount and Briscoe were great pickups. (I think Briscoe should see the field more imo) If he is limited due to ownership it's not all on him. But there were obvious holes on the roster and they didn't get filled, depth included.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2011, 03:44:35 AM

LOL!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 05, 2011, 03:50:52 AM

Empty seats speak louder than any misspelled letter/email coming from a Buc fan.

Stratobuc

Starter
#11 : December 05, 2011, 03:53:13 AM

So Dominik controls the team's finances? Yeah - sure he does.....

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 05, 2011, 03:59:00 AM

Empty seats speak louder than any misspelled letter/email coming from a Buc fan.

I hear there was a good crowd sunday.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2011, 05:09:34 AM

I hear there was a good crowd sunday.

The exodus was pretty steady after the Giles ring of honor thing.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 05, 2011, 08:16:33 AM

did-o

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I wrote the Bucs did you? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools