Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With tiebreakers factored in, the Bucs sit at #10 at the moment « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 05, 2011, 05:30:40 PM

I think the Bucs would do good to draft that LSU CB. In the 1st round then draft a good LG in the second round. Target LB in Free agency. and in the third round target a fast RB

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 05, 2011, 05:36:32 PM

My dream scenario would be they make it to the top 3-5.   Then tade back with some team that cant miss out on Luck, Barkley or Griffin III.   And get an extra pick or two to make up for the missing one.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 05, 2011, 05:47:48 PM

Maybe JAX will hire Ditka and we can convince him to trade away all his picks for Trent Richardson.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 05, 2011, 05:50:31 PM

Maybe JAX will hire Ditka and we can convince him to trade away all his picks for Trent Richardson.

I heard a Ditka interview just today as a matter of fact.  He didn't mention anything about coaching again but he did say great players make great coaches. Not the other way around.  I thought that was impressive.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 05, 2011, 05:51:36 PM

If the Jaguars pick before us, I bet they take Blackmon

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 05, 2011, 05:54:17 PM

If the Jaguars pick before us, I bet they take Blackmon

All the more reason to lose next Sunday.  I think if the Bucs manage to lose the Jax game it will be clear sailing to 4-12.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Jbuc14

Practice Squad

#21 : December 05, 2011, 06:05:23 PM

Do the bucs really need Blackmon or to draft a receiver in the first round. To me none of the receivers coming out that are projected in the first round are game changers like dez bryant or calvin johnson.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 05, 2011, 06:11:24 PM

Do the bucs really need Blackmon or to draft a receiver in the first round. To me none of the receivers coming out that are projected in the first round are game changers like dez bryant or calvin johnson.

Blackmon has been compared to TO in a few things I have read.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

buchead

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 05, 2011, 06:16:28 PM

Jacksonvilles defense is near (if not at) the top of the league in getting off the field on 3rd down. The bucs cant convert on 3rd down. Also the bucs cant tackle and mo-jo drew is the only back in the league to have at least 20 carries every game so far. He will run for at least 150. A few people seem to be looking down on jax like the bucs should beat them. Jax is better. The bucs just had a better start because the jags cheap owner knew he was selling the team so he cut david gerrard before the season to save 8 million.
: December 05, 2011, 06:18:36 PM buchead

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#24 : December 05, 2011, 06:17:06 PM

Blackmon is better than Bryant and doesn't have the diva attitude from everything I've read, and seen. Blackmon would make Freeman a better Qb, kind of how Stafford can just throw it up to Calvin Johnson, Freeman needs a WR he can trust to not only make the catch but stretch the field. Bucs offense has zero speed right now Blackmon or a WR similiar could add some much needed speed to this slow offense.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#25 : December 05, 2011, 06:18:14 PM

Jacksonvilles defense is near (if not at) the to of the league in getting off the field on 3rd down. The bucs cant convert on 3rd down. Also the bucs cant tackle and mo-jo drew is the only back in the league to have at least 20 carries every game so far. He will run for at least 150. A few people seem to be looking down on jax like the bucs should beat them. Jax is better. The bucs just had a better start because the jags cheap owner knew he was selling the team so he cut david gerrard before the season to save 8 million.

MJD is going to set the single game rushing record against the Bucs.

Formerly known as T

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 05, 2011, 06:21:43 PM

Blackmon is better than Bryant and doesn't have the diva attitude from everything I've read, and seen. Blackmon would make Freeman a better Qb, kind of how Stafford can just throw it up to Calvin Johnson, Freeman needs a WR he can trust to not only make the catch but stretch the field. Bucs offense has zero speed right now Blackmon or a WR similiar could add some much needed speed to this slow offense.

CJ is 6-5 and runs a 4.3.  while blackmon is definitely a talent, is he on that level?  are we getting a decade worth of probowls with him?  id like the guy, just not sure if i like the guy top5.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 05, 2011, 06:26:02 PM

CJ is 6-5 and runs a 4.3.  while blackmon is definitely a talent, is he on that level?  are we getting a decade worth of probowls with him?  id like the guy, just not sure if i like the guy top5.

Could be wrong but I dont think Blackmon is a burner.  More of a possession reciever.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  Guys like TO were not the fastest either.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#28 : December 05, 2011, 06:34:35 PM

Not comparing Blackmon to CJ, as they are completely different players but to have a WR, that is sure handed and can create YAC would do nothing but help a still developing QB. It would also keep teams from stacking the box to stop Blount, maybe even motivate Mike Williams to elevate his game. I'm not a big fan of 40 times since they don't clock guys wearing pads, but I think Blackmon has shown enough on gameday to show he has enough speed to be a impact player on offense. He has more speed than the Bucs offense collectively right now.

Formerly known as T

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#29 : December 05, 2011, 06:44:33 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/965415-nfl-draft-2011-justin-blackmon-vs-alshon-jeffery#/articles/965415-nfl-draft-2011-justin-blackmon-vs-alshon-jeffery/page/2

Seems Blackmon is in the 4.4-4.5 range with a 40 time, for those who take stock in 40 times.

Formerly known as T

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With tiebreakers factored in, the Bucs sit at #10 at the moment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools