Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With tiebreakers factored in, the Bucs sit at #10 at the moment « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 05, 2011, 06:47:46 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/965415-nfl-draft-2011-justin-blackmon-vs-alshon-jeffery#/articles/965415-nfl-draft-2011-justin-blackmon-vs-alshon-jeffery/page/2

Seems Blackmon is in the 4.4-4.5 range with a 40 time, for those who take stock in 40 times.

Not bad, but Benn ran a 4.3 at his pro day and 4.4 at the combine.  But don't get me wrong,  I agree with whoever said speed is not everything.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 05, 2011, 07:34:17 PM

Shoot, we'll move up quickly over the next 4 games.  The way this train wreck is going, I can see us moving all the way to 5 or 6.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 05, 2011, 10:39:01 PM

Shoot, we'll move up quickly over the next 4 games.  The way this train wreck is going, I can see us moving all the way to 5 or 6.

Hope so.  I am tired of losing out on all-pro guys by one pick. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 05, 2011, 11:24:35 PM

I wish everyone would stop quoting Benn's 40 time from his pro day.......he is running on a rebuilt knee, and is no where near a 4.3 anymore. He rarely ever gets seperation, and when he does usually its a blown assignment. Kendal Wright or Hilton are the speed of the Draft this year. We dont need another posession reciever, we have 6 of them. There are no Moss/Megatron/Fitz/Dez types this year. If we are draftign 10th take Zack Brown or Burfict, and then take Ronnel Lewis or Travis Lewis in the 2nd. I knew Ronnel is projecting 3-4 but i think he could play the strong side for sure. Brown on the week side. Hell Get Burfict and Ronnel and this team will finally have a defensive identity.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 06, 2011, 12:11:15 AM

I wish everyone would stop quoting Benn's 40 time from his pro day.......he is running on a rebuilt knee, and is no where near a 4.3 anymore. He rarely ever gets seperation, and when he does usually its a blown assignment. Kendal Wright or Hilton are the speed of the Draft this year. We dont need another posession reciever, we have 6 of them. There are no Moss/Megatron/Fitz/Dez types this year. If we are draftign 10th take Zack Brown or Burfict, and then take Ronnel Lewis or Travis Lewis in the 2nd. I knew Ronnel is projecting 3-4 but i think he could play the strong side for sure. Brown on the week side. Hell Get Burfict and Ronnel and this team will finally have a defensive identity.

Al Davis is dead, and hopefully so is the thinking the fastest athletes are the best football players.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 06, 2011, 12:32:20 AM

Just my personal opinion here...I think Blackmon is slightly below Moss and CJ, the 2 best WRs I've seen in CFB over the past 10-15 yrs. No way do I see this guy slipping out of the top 5 especially if you're talking about StL, Minny, Jax, etc drafting in the top 5.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 06, 2011, 12:35:25 AM

St. Louis will take him. Their WRs stink. I think Morris Claiborne is an outside possibility, but a better chance is a LB at  7 or 8.

In Verner We Trust

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 06, 2011, 12:37:34 AM

St. Louis will take him. Their WRs stink. I think Morris Claiborne is an outside possibility, but a better chance is a LB at  7 or 8.

I would love Cliaborne, but I'm not sure he'll be around long.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 06, 2011, 12:44:54 AM

Same goes for Jacksonville.  Their WR's are pretty bad also. If they stick with Gabbert [sp?]  then Blackmon could be the pick.  That is why I was hoping they beat the Chargers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 06, 2011, 12:59:00 AM

Yea...we are going to have to pick pretty high to get Claiborne or Blackmon...but luckily Dre Kirkpatrick, Riley Reiff, and Luke Kuechly will be there ready to be picked and will help stop the bleeding in one of those 3 areas.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 06, 2011, 01:19:12 AM

Kuechly or T'eo? Tough call.

In Verner We Trust

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 06, 2011, 01:23:17 AM

Very...

But given our current sitch....either would provide lightyears of improvement.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 06, 2011, 02:19:32 AM

Ronnel Lewis and Burfict?  That would scare even Ray Lewis.

McCoy93

Starter

#43 : December 06, 2011, 12:56:16 PM

I might me the miniority here; but i feel that Michael Floyd will be better than Jeffery and Blackmon. Has the build of prototypical #1 receiver. i am impressed with Floyds body control; below AJ Green and a tad bit higher than Julio Jones

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 06, 2011, 01:01:03 PM

Kuechly or T'eo? Tough call.

My guess is one of these two or one of the top CBs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With tiebreakers factored in, the Bucs sit at #10 at the moment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools