Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With tiebreakers factored in, the Bucs sit at #10 at the moment « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

buchead

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 06, 2011, 11:01:41 PM

No to DeCastro if we're at 6-8. Way too high to pick him. Good player, but not a top-10 top guy. HOWEVER, were we to trade down and pick up two late first-round picks, I'd have no problem with going Decastro and then say Ronnell Lewis. You go CB atop the second and then LeMichael James atop the third and you have a pretty nice draft IMHO.

This is impossible just to let you know. There is only 1 team that could offer us 2 late 1st round picks for this up coming draft and thats the patriots(pick from saints). The rest of the league could only swap positions with us and offer us later round picks. Unless of coarse they offer a future 1st round pick but we couldnt draft Ronell and Castro this year because we would still only have one 1st round pick this year. The Browns have 2  1st rounders but one of their picks would be pretty close to ours possibly higher.

Sidenote: with all the RBs the saints have it looks like a dumb move now. Mark Ingram is okay but they have no 1st round pick for a guy who is splitting carries with3 other backs. Plus that DE they drafted in the1st has no sacks!!! Yes!!!
Yes, it's impossible because NO team is going to make a trade between now and the draft.... And you already mentioned two possibilities, which makes it, err..... possible. What if the Browns were desperate for a player and somehow won and wound up behind us. Impossible they could move up? Not at all.

So if the browns land say 2 spots behind us you think they will give us 2 first round picks to move up a couple of spots? NO and you said late first rounders. The browns wont have 2 late first rounders. No matter what happens they will have a pick in the upper 3rd of the draft. Im just saying that scenario you are offering is not going to happen, but feel free to what if all day I wasnt trying to stop you from doing so. Just explain why it wont happen.
: December 06, 2011, 11:03:17 PM buchead

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#76 : December 06, 2011, 11:01:42 PM

1.)David DeCastro, G, Stanford
2.)Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
3.)LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

M.Ingram and T. Richardson in my opinion are more a product of the system and O-Line then anything else. There was no drop off when Mark Ingram left.
so I stand with my current board, with Brewster as alternative in the 2nd.

All based on picking in the current spot, If were lucky we could even trade back a few spots in the 1st and get DeCastro later in the draft.

Penn, DeCastro, Knoz, Joseph, TrueBlood(serviceable)

With that Line + LGB and LMJ opposing teams would have to stack the box for sure.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 06, 2011, 11:44:17 PM

No to DeCastro if we're at 6-8. Way too high to pick him. Good player, but not a top-10 top guy. HOWEVER, were we to trade down and pick up two late first-round picks, I'd have no problem with going Decastro and then say Ronnell Lewis. You go CB atop the second and then LeMichael James atop the third and you have a pretty nice draft IMHO.

This is impossible just to let you know. There is only 1 team that could offer us 2 late 1st round picks for this up coming draft and thats the patriots(pick from saints). The rest of the league could only swap positions with us and offer us later round picks. Unless of coarse they offer a future 1st round pick but we couldnt draft Ronell and Castro this year because we would still only have one 1st round pick this year. The Browns have 2  1st rounders but one of their picks would be pretty close to ours possibly higher.

Sidenote: with all the RBs the saints have it looks like a dumb move now. Mark Ingram is okay but they have no 1st round pick for a guy who is splitting carries with3 other backs. Plus that DE they drafted in the1st has no sacks!!! Yes!!!
Yes, it's impossible because NO team is going to make a trade between now and the draft.... And you already mentioned two possibilities, which makes it, err..... possible. What if the Browns were desperate for a player and somehow won and wound up behind us. Impossible they could move up? Not at all.

So if the browns land say 2 spots behind us you think they will give us 2 first round picks to move up a couple of spots? NO and you said late first rounders. The browns wont have 2 late first rounders. No matter what happens they will have a pick in the upper 3rd of the draft. Im just saying that scenario you are offering is not going to happen, but feel free to what if all day I wasnt trying to stop you from doing so. Just explain why it wont happen.
And of course the scenario you proposed is the ONLY scenario that could possibly happen, right?
The Bucs couldn't, for example, swap picks like trade their high second and first for the two firsts, right?
Nahhhh.

In Verner We Trust

buchead

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 07, 2011, 12:07:59 AM

And of course the scenario you proposed is the ONLY scenario that could possibly happen, right?
The Bucs couldn't, for example, swap picks like trade their high second and first for the two firsts, right?
Nahhhh.
I would say no but you answered it already, like you said nahhhh

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#79 : December 07, 2011, 12:12:25 AM

It absolutely could happen. Not saying it will, but without getting into the value chart and the specific number of spots, our first and second for two firsts is very possible.

In Verner We Trust

buchead

Hall of Famer

#80 : December 07, 2011, 12:19:03 AM

It absolutely could happen. Not saying it will, but without getting into the value chart and the specific number of spots, our first and second for two firsts is very possible.

Sure its possible but it wont happen because it doesn't make sense. Im all for us trading back and adding more picks but my point to you is we wont have 2 first round picks next year.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#81 : December 07, 2011, 12:30:36 AM

The only way it doesn't make sense is if Atlanta has a complete meltdown. The worse Atlanta finishes, the higher the value of CLEVELAND's first (which they own) is.
The difference on the NFL value chart between say 25 and 38 is 200 points. But if you're at the TOP of the first, each pick is worth 100 or so points different.
So if Atlanta makes the playoffs, but is out in the first round, it's very possible that they'll pick around 25 (more like 22 or 23 but bear with me for a moment). If the Bucs are picking fourth and Cleveland wants a franchise QB and they KNOW the Bucs are receiving multiple offers, while they won't pick for another two picks, it's very conceivable Cleveland could make a deal like this.
Then we can get T'eo and Ronnell Lewis and viola..... linebackers!

In Verner We Trust

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 07, 2011, 12:37:43 AM

Pat Yasinskas  very early to say this we will lose the last 4 while other teams only have to win 1 game.. we wont even beat Jaxy Waxy.. 

So change it to 4th dude..  I'll give you 5th maybe.. :P

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 07, 2011, 12:40:18 AM

Pat is very quick to emphasize how bad the Bucs are. When they were winning, he wasn't so quick. Hmm. But Toddy, here's my question: Blackmon, Claiborne or trade down if they're both there at 4 or 5?

In Verner We Trust

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 07, 2011, 12:50:41 AM

Pat is very quick to emphasize how bad the Bucs are. When they were winning, he wasn't so quick. Hmm. But Toddy, here's my question: Blackmon, Claiborne or trade down if they're both there at 4 or 5?
Jersey if I were the coach and GM , I would move down and get some extra picks.. But if we address in free agency the moves I hope we make then Blackmon and Claiborne are worth the 4th or 5th pick..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#85 : December 07, 2011, 12:56:25 AM

The only way it doesn't make sense is if Atlanta has a complete meltdown. The worse Atlanta finishes, the higher the value of CLEVELAND's first (which they own) is.
The difference on the NFL value chart between say 25 and 38 is 200 points. But if you're at the TOP of the first, each pick is worth 100 or so points different.
So if Atlanta makes the playoffs, but is out in the first round, it's very possible that they'll pick around 25 (more like 22 or 23 but bear with me for a moment). If the Bucs are picking fourth and Cleveland wants a franchise QB and they KNOW the Bucs are receiving multiple offers, while they won't pick for another two picks, it's very conceivable Cleveland could make a deal like this.
Then we can get T'eo and Ronnell Lewis and viola..... linebackers!

I cant argue with what ifs and wishful thinking because its just that. Cleveland will most likely be picking before us. Sounds like you are forgetting they still have their own pick.  And even if they manage to win a couple of games they will still be in the top 10 and 2 spots behind us at best. IDK what draft chart you are reading that says moving up a spot or 2 is worth 2 first round picks. And on top of that, cleveland wants a stud WR.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#86 : December 07, 2011, 01:10:20 AM

No, I mean hypothetically if we're at 4 and they're at 6, we trade our 4 and 38 for their 6 and 25 (or thereabouts). I see your misunderstanding. Obviously they wouldn't give up both firsts without getting anything of value in return.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#87 : December 07, 2011, 01:15:51 AM

No, I mean hypothetically if we're at 4 and they're at 6, we trade our 4 and 38 for their 6 and 25 (or thereabouts). I see your misunderstanding. Obviously they wouldn't give up both firsts without getting anything of value in return.

Could happen.   Those top picks use to be toxic.  But now that they have the rookie salary cap, teams would be more apt to want to trade up.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With tiebreakers factored in, the Bucs sit at #10 at the moment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools