Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik is spotted at halftime, described as "ashen-faced" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Theoldbuc

Starter

#15 : December 06, 2011, 12:13:18 PM

Is this team talent starved, NO. We do need some better players at a number of positions but there is enough talent to hold teams to less yardage and fewer points and score more on Offense. The problem is the coaching, this staff is in way over there heads and need to be replaced.

This.

+1

+2  MD  probably allowed the failure of those he trusted (coaches) to sink in at the end of the first half. When you beat ATL and NO in the first meetings, show up at GB, then nosedive like that against Carolina, it ain't a lack of talent. Losing to Houston 37-9 was bad, but 38-19 to them!  :o

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 06, 2011, 12:17:11 PM

Regardless of all else - the won/loss record is the one.  Arguments about Strength of Schedule are fun - but it is what it is.... an argument Vs a fact

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#17 : December 06, 2011, 12:31:32 PM

Is this team talent starved, NO. We do need some better players at a number of positions but there is enough talent to hold teams to less yardage and fewer points and score more on Offense. The problem is the coaching, this staff is in way over there heads and need to be replaced.

agreed

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#18 : December 06, 2011, 01:12:05 PM

Maybe he had he runs

lmao!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 06, 2011, 01:29:57 PM

My guess: He was checking FIRST HAND the coach's game day conversations to see where the Problem(s) is/are....

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 06, 2011, 01:44:50 PM

There are good 10-6 teams and bad 10-6 teams. But 10-6 is 10-6. Quite right CBW.
Furthermore, why is a schedule legit if it's very very hard, but not legit if it's easy?
Last year, we beat only one team with a winning record, but in the second half were clearly a ''good'' team.
This year we beat Atlanta and NO, but no one would consider us a ''good'' team. So the whole ''beat a good team'' argument is bogus. Is it better to beat good teams or worse to lose to bad ones?
You can argue legitimately that we didn't play well for much of the St. Louis win last year and the Cincy win and even to a degree the Arizona win. But we played exceedingly well in the NO win (when Brees was in the game and when he wasn't), very well for long stretches of the Atlanta losses and very well at times in the Baltimore loss (when a veteran fanbase of the other team salutes you in a positive way when you leave the stadium, then you understand).
My issue is this: Can we play that well AGAIN anytime soon?

In Verner We Trust

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 06, 2011, 01:46:40 PM

The game against Green Bay says yes, the bucs can play at a higher level now jbf - now can this team be made ready more than a couple of times a season - that is the issue.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 06, 2011, 01:47:05 PM

Can we play that well AGAIN anytime soon?

my question is...do we want to?  is it delaying the inevitable?    im ready for a coaching change.

that said, i still love our future.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Sailing2smth

Starter

#23 : December 06, 2011, 01:50:16 PM

Would a coaching change equate to another rebuilding year?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 06, 2011, 01:52:03 PM

Maybe he just realized that the simpleton Tampa fans were going to be calling for his head less than 1 year after they couldn't say enough good about the guy.

The simpleton fans were the ones who thought that the team was really deserving of being a 10-6 team last year.

LOL. How is a team that finished 10-6 not deserving of being 10-6. The team that "deserves" to win is the one that wins.

My thoughts exactly...

The simpletons that I talk about are the knee jerk, Monday morning, fire this guy, cut that guy morons. They act as if winning is as simple as throwing huge contracts a veteren players. We did that before to win a Championship AFTER we had a base through the draft. It worked and then we were in the dumpster again for years while all that wasted money filtered out. We will bring in some FA to put us over the top when we have a high base line level of drafted/young talent.

You find a philosphy that works, you find coaches to fit in it and you stick with it and be patient. We didn't hire Morris because we thought he would be the best headcoach this year or last year. We hired because the Glazers liked his philosophy and were willing to let him grow and learn with this young team for the next 3-4 years. Morris will be back, Dom will be back and Olson will be back. If next year goes as this year does expect some changes but I really doubt we see much happen this year.

Again thank god posters round these parts don't make decisions.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 06, 2011, 01:59:08 PM

The Bucs' top three receivers in their championship season were Keyshawn (trade), Keenan and Joey J (free agency). Top 2 tight ends were Dilger and Dudley (FA). Brad was FA. On defense, arguably their best player that year was Rice (FA). Spires was a big contributor (FA). So let's not talk about philosophy.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 06, 2011, 02:05:39 PM

you forgot our starting QB Brad Johnson was a FA and so was the RB who ran for over 100 yards in the Super Bowl Micheal Pittman.  Wasn't half the OL FAs as well?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 06, 2011, 02:05:52 PM

You find a philosphy that works, you find coaches to fit in it and you stick with it and be patient. We didn't hire Morris because we thought he would be the best headcoach this year or last year. We hired because the Glazers liked his philosophy and were willing to let him grow and learn with this young team for the next 3-4 years. Morris will be back, Dom will be back and Olson will be back. If next year goes as this year does expect some changes but I really doubt we see much happen this year.

The philosophy of any coach is to get 53 players maximizing their talents. If all 53 players are playing their butts off and go 5-11, a coach can still look like he's doing his job well. That hasn't been the case.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 06, 2011, 02:12:05 PM

My thoughts exactly...

The simpletons that I talk about are the knee jerk, Monday morning, fire this guy, cut that guy morons. They act as if winning is as simple as throwing huge contracts a veteren players. We did that before to win a Championship AFTER we had a base through the draft. It worked and then we were in the dumpster again for years while all that wasted money filtered out. We will bring in some FA to put us over the top when we have a high base line level of drafted/young talent.

Wow - you have issues.  But apparently you have a direct line to the Glazers, so you have that going for you.

So, let me make sure I have this...
1.  You find a philosophy that works - hmmm, wonder what that is... oh - I see - Raheem had the philosophy and they will let him grown and lear for another 3-4 years -  is that right?
2.  You find coaches to fit in it - hmmm, still firing coaches, Oline and Dline last year, OC and DC the year before - Mangurian (Raheem's friend) pushed away...
3.  You stick with it and be patient. - Didn't Dominick say he was going into the next FA period aggressively... Geez - there must be a base through the draft

I love a good revisionist story... or one the is simply made up.  You like stories JBF... bucny sure can put one together.

Oh - yea - you know Dominick comes to these boards don't you? 

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 06, 2011, 02:20:05 PM

There is no reason they can't continue to build through the draft.  IMO, they deperately need a LB, a CB and a LG, moving Z to center.  This isn't all of course but I think the most desperate needs.  Sign a quality LBer (Tulloch?), a quality CB and a quality LG, and then draft one of each.  You have the veteran to help lead you now and teach the young ones how to be an NFL player, and you have the rookies taken with a premium picks to immediately improve your depth, cutting TWO lesser LBers, CBs and Gs and now you have better starters AND better depth.  Develop the rookies as the vets immediately upgrade the play at their positions.  You still have the rookies for the long-term.
: December 06, 2011, 02:22:14 PM bucjoe

.....just my opinion
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik is spotted at halftime, described as "ashen-faced" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools