Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik is spotted at halftime, described as "ashen-faced" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 06, 2011, 02:24:12 PM

The Bucs' top three receivers in their championship season were Keyshawn (trade), Keenan and Joey J (free agency). Top 2 tight ends were Dilger and Dudley (FA). Brad was FA. On defense, arguably their best player that year was Rice (FA). Spires was a big contributor (FA). So let's not talk about philosophy.

was the majority of the team1st and 2nd year players?  when the team matures the front office will bring in the complementary FA's.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : December 06, 2011, 02:25:57 PM

Would a coaching change equate to another rebuilding year?

Depends who they brought in.   But every year is a rebuilding year with Raheem, so dump his butt.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

complementary ?   practically the entire Offense were drafted elsewhere because our drafting on that side was pathetic.  worse than Gruden/Allen arguably.
: December 06, 2011, 02:28:15 PM Skull and Bones

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 06, 2011, 05:07:54 PM

The Bucs' top three receivers in their championship season were Keyshawn (trade), Keenan and Joey J (free agency). Top 2 tight ends were Dilger and Dudley (FA). Brad was FA. On defense, arguably their best player that year was Rice (FA). Spires was a big contributor (FA). So let's not talk about philosophy.

We should be talking philosophy, that's all we have right now. How was that same team the very next year? Not very good huh?

Barber, Brooks, Lynch and many others were the base of this defense and this team. We depended to much on FA to put us over the top and now it's almost 10 years later and we haven't even been close again. That approach did not work. This one looked like it was working last year, not so much this year. The Glazers want to build through the draft. Call it cheap, call it smart, call it whatever. That is how we're going to do it. I'm fine with it, I have a winning team every year that has a legit shot of playoffs and championship. Not old dudes who can only practice on thursday/friday.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 06, 2011, 05:25:42 PM

1. every team builds through the draft.  Some just better than others.
2. "We depended to much on FA to put us over the top and now it's almost 10 years later and we haven't even been close again. That approach did not work."
      I wouldn't trade that Lombardi Trophy for anything.
3.  "Not old dudes who can only practice on thursday/friday."
      You mean like Kellen Winslow, a guy the mastermind of the plan traded 2 picks for.  One of his first moves as a GM?

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#35 : December 06, 2011, 05:31:06 PM

Maybe he just realized that the simpleton Tampa fans were going to be calling for his head less than 1 year after they couldn't say enough good about the guy.

The simpleton fans were the ones who thought that the team was really deserving of being a 10-6 team last year.

LOL. How is a team that finished 10-6 not deserving of being 10-6. The team that "deserves" to win is the one that wins.

My thoughts exactly...

The simpletons that I talk about are the knee jerk, Monday morning, fire this guy, cut that guy morons. They act as if winning is as simple as throwing huge contracts a veteren players. We did that before to win a Championship AFTER we had a base through the draft. It worked and then we were in the dumpster again for years while all that wasted money filtered out. We will bring in some FA to put us over the top when we have a high base line level of drafted/young talent.

You find a philosphy that works, you find coaches to fit in it and you stick with it and be patient. We didn't hire Morris because we thought he would be the best headcoach this year or last year. We hired because the Glazers liked his philosophy and were willing to let him grow and learn with this young team for the next 3-4 years. Morris will be back, Dom will be back and Olson will be back. If next year goes as this year does expect some changes but I really doubt we see much happen this year.

Again thank god posters round these parts don't make decisions.

Man...thank God us morons have you to listen to, the outright authority on how many years is acceptable before a change can be made.

Since you seem to be above all us morons and have all the answers, why are 3 years not enough time, but "one more year" is acceptable? Why not 2 more years? Please do tell.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 06, 2011, 05:33:41 PM

We should be talking philosophy, that's all we have right now. How was that same team the very next year? Not very good huh?

Barber, Brooks, Lynch and many others were the base of this defense and this team. We depended to much on FA to put us over the top and now it's almost 10 years later and we haven't even been close again. That approach did not work. This one looked like it was working last year, not so much this year. The Glazers want to build through the draft. Call it cheap, call it smart, call it whatever. That is how we're going to do it. I'm fine with it, I have a winning team every year that has a legit shot of playoffs and championship. Not old dudes who can only practice on thursday/friday.
Is someone proposing to intentionally draft poorly in order to sign more free agents? I'm pretty sure everyone wants to draft the most talented long term players possible.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 06, 2011, 05:36:21 PM

1. every team builds through the draft.  Some just better than others.
2. "We depended to much on FA to put us over the top and now it's almost 10 years later and we haven't even been close again. That approach did not work."
      I wouldn't trade that Lombardi Trophy for anything.
3.  "Not old dudes who can only practice on thursday/friday."
      You mean like Kellen Winslow, a guy the mastermind of the plan traded 2 picks for.  One of his first moves as a GM?

1.  agree.  i still think we are drafting above average.
2.  agree.  but i think we can all agree the approach wasnt the best.
3.  we grabbed one guy, who was what, 25 at the time?  id say he's more the exception than the rule.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#38 : December 06, 2011, 05:43:19 PM

Ashen? Wtf is that?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 06, 2011, 05:53:21 PM

pale faced

Sailing2smth

Starter

#40 : December 06, 2011, 06:22:51 PM

Depends who they brought in.   But every year is a rebuilding year with Raheem, so dump his butt.

Ok, who could the Glazers bring in (HC) that would not equate to a rebuilding year?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 06, 2011, 06:29:11 PM

Ok, who could the Glazers bring in (HC) that would not equate to a rebuilding year?
What's the guarantee it wouldn't be another rebuilding year with Morris?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 06, 2011, 06:37:54 PM

IMO, they could turn the team around NEXT YEAR by hiring Marty Shottenheimer.  The problem he has though is winning in the playoffs.  However, again, IMO, with the talent already on this team, another draft and about 4 FAs, the Bucs would be a winning team with him at the helm.

BTW, the approach taken to win the SB DID work to win a SB.  What would you have had them do?  Between McKay and the Glazers they had traded off FOUR first round picks and TWO second round picks.  What else could they do but try to maintain and re-build through FA.  Once they again had all their picks, they gave us the current offensive line which is all still in place THREE YEARS after Gruden and Allen are both gone.

.....just my opinion

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 06, 2011, 06:41:09 PM

bucjoe - you are explaining to folks who don't want to hear how the bucs got to and won a Super Bowl

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Sailing2smth

Starter

#44 : December 06, 2011, 06:54:08 PM

What's the guarantee it wouldn't be another rebuilding year with Morris?

What is the guarantee that it isn't with a Fisher or...whoever else?

Not defending Morris but another rebuild year(s), shiza on that idea!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik is spotted at halftime, described as "ashen-faced" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools