Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WalterFootball finally moves off the Dennard pick (12/8 update) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 08, 2011, 01:14:47 PM

We haven't talked about Jeffrey much today or the last few days. I'm certainly open to picking him should we slide down a bit. But top five or six if Blackmon is gone? You think he's really THAT good, Blount Train?

Only current NFL player that has the hands and contortion ability that is superior is Calvin Johnson.   I am officially on the Blackmon bandwagon.

I have warmed up to the pick.  Trouble is, I think every NFL GM is thinking the same thing.  I have seen mocks with going as high as #3.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 08, 2011, 01:22:57 PM

Good.

Brewster is what this team desperately needs.

on the surface, brewster reminds me of faine.  id rather a big mauling C rather than a technician.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 08, 2011, 01:25:44 PM

Brewster is probably a good 15-20 pounds heavier than Faine.  and believe it or not Faine was once a 1st round pick and an all pro.

magicbuc

Second String
#33 : December 08, 2011, 01:38:49 PM

I love the pick...the guy is a total stud!  Love how everyone compares him to Rudd only because they are both white.  If he was black what would your comments be?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 08, 2011, 01:39:24 PM

Brewster is probably a good 15-20 pounds heavier than Faine.  and believe it or not Faine was once a 1st round pick and an all pro.

faine sure deteriorated fast in any case.  didnt realize brewster was now listed at 305.  thats encouraging.  why do the mocks have him falling from 1st round potential to the 3rd?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

magicbuc

Second String
#35 : December 08, 2011, 01:41:42 PM

The facts are our LB's are by far the worst unit on our team...which is saying a lot when you consider how bad we are in other areas.  We need a stud LB that can read, react, and shed blocks.  Luke can do all those things.  Rudd could never shed blocks and he was a liability in coverage.  Luke also has great cover skills for a ILB.  Just watch his pick 6 against Miami this year!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 08, 2011, 01:42:38 PM

he's probably a 2nd rounder.  if Konz comes out he'll be the  first Center to get drafted however.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 08, 2011, 01:53:18 PM

I don't know about the Brewster pick. I'd rather take address the o-line in FA, but if the draft went down like this I would happy with it. Kuechly or Te'o in the first would be stellar, and there are some good CB prospects in the 2nd round.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 08, 2011, 01:53:47 PM

TERRIBLE draft.

WE AREN'T GOING TO GO BACK-TO-BACK SEASONS WITH A ROOKIE AT MIDDLE LINEBACKER!  lol

Especially with Kuechly who is Ruud 2.0

EDIT:  They don't even have us addressing our terrible RB group until the 5th round??  Fail.

Just my two sense but I see us moving Kuechly to will if we draft him.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 08, 2011, 02:01:46 PM

We'll go offense in the first round. I don't see them picking defense 3 times in a row.

magicbuc

Second String
#40 : December 08, 2011, 02:10:21 PM

TERRIBLE draft.

WE AREN'T GOING TO GO BACK-TO-BACK SEASONS WITH A ROOKIE AT MIDDLE LINEBACKER!  lol

EDIT:  They don't even have us addressing our terrible RB group until the 5th round??  Fail.

No way you move Luke from mike.  You would move Foster in a heart beat...his natural position is not Mike.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 08, 2011, 02:12:20 PM

He also has a better leg drive.  Faine lacked that even coming out of college.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 08, 2011, 02:12:49 PM

TERRIBLE draft.

No way Luke is a Mike.  You would move Foster in a heart beat...his natural position is not Mike.

We drafted Foster to play Mike and we don't give up on him after a year and there has been talks about Kuechly moving to OLB if he goes to the pros due to his size and some see him a better fit at the OLB position.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 08, 2011, 02:27:48 PM

Yeah, I was getting tired of seeing Dennard's name next to us. Has us taking Banks in the 2nd, Brewester in the 3rd.

Decent draft if this went down. Just hope Kuechly doesn't turn into Ruud 2.0.

Reminds me of the year we drafted Gaines Adams, everyone had us taking him in every edition of every NFL draft.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 08, 2011, 02:38:07 PM

TERRIBLE draft.

No way Luke is a Mike.  You would move Foster in a heart beat...his natural position is not Mike.

We drafted Foster to play Mike and we don't give up on him after a year and there has been talks about Kuechly moving to OLB if he goes to the pros due to his size and some see him a better fit at the OLB position.

We actually drafted him because of his ability to play all three LB positions. Moving him wouldn't be a big deal. IMO, if you take Kuechly, you take him to play Mike. You don't move the 1st round Mike who actually played Mike for the majority of his days in college in favor of keeping the 3rd round Mike at Mike when that wasn't where he took the majority of snaps in college.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WalterFootball finally moves off the Dennard pick (12/8 update) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools