Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denver Tebow's Open Thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 11, 2011, 08:13:28 PM

Tebow, like Young can win football games.  Young is a more refined passer, but Tebow can improve given some time.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#76 : December 11, 2011, 08:13:51 PM

Uh oh, the circle jerk has commenced. By the way, the Bucs don't have the defense that would allow Tebow's 4th qtr heroics.

"first and foremost, i'd like to thank my Lord and savior, Jesus Christ."

Exactly my point, this fan base doesn't deserve to have Tebow as our leader and QB

care to elaborate

The mocking and hate for this guy
his fans are beyond annoying,its pretty much their fault

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 11, 2011, 08:17:41 PM

I honestly couldn't care less about Tebow, but after watching how Tom Jackson and Keyshawn RIPPED him on NFL Live a month or so ago...it is kind of sweet to see him doing well.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#78 : December 11, 2011, 08:25:58 PM

Uh oh, the circle jerk has commenced. By the way, the Bucs don't have the defense that would allow Tebow's 4th qtr heroics.

Exactly my point, this fan base doesn't deserve to have Tebow as our leader and QB

care to elaborate

If you've been around for any length of time, you'd know i'm a Gator/Tebow fan. However, that doesn't stop me from recognizing him for what he is. Tebow wouldn't be worth a crap here because we don't have the defense that would allow him to go 3-16 for three qtrs(as he was today) and still be in the game in the 4th qtr. That's not mocking, that's fact.

I don't know if you were watching that game, but the game was handed to them by two bone-headed plays by Marion Barber. Kudos to him for taking advantage. As for the thanking of the Lord, even Kurt Warner says its too much. Must it be repeated every time a mic is placed in front of him??

-------------------------------------------------------

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 11, 2011, 08:26:52 PM

The funny thing about the people that claim that the NFL will magically figure out Tebow and shut him down forever next year is that there's really nothing to suggest this is the case. What exactly is he doing that will be so easy to exploit? During the first few quarters he struggles, largely because Denver suffers from Greg Olson syndrome and refuses to open up the playbook until they absolutely have to. Then in the 4th Tebow just goes crazy and starts making plays. It's not even gimmicky anymore for the most part, for the first few quarters they generally just have him hand the ball off and throw it in the pocket and in the 4th he picks apart defenses because he's a dual threat.

Not to mention, it isn't giving NFL coaches enough credit. The idea that a new offense can come in the league and just continue to baffle teams for the entire season is silly. There's more than enough tape on Tebow to get a good idea of how his game works, and while an offseason certainly helps it's not as though coaches need several MONTHS of preparation to figure out how to play defense. And any intelligent team will be focusing on the other 30 teams as well as Denver.
Let's see what happens in the playoffs against top defenses or next week lets see if he can hang with the Patriots.

We're talking about a second year QB with 11 career starts here. Suggesting that he might not be able to walk through the AFC playoffs isn't exactly a daring claim to make, and it certainly does nothing to indicate that the entire league will magically "figure him out" after one offseason. Of course they probably aren't going to do much in the playoffs, Tebow still has a lot of improving to do passing the ball, the defense ISN'T as good as everyone is suggesting, his o-line is terrible at run blocking for McGahee/Ball and his receivers are still extremely inconsistent at best.

But a lot of people are suggesting that one offseason will solve the Tebow puzzle, and it isn't that simple. He's a second year QB who took over for a 1-4 team and they've been 7-1 since. That doesn't happen, ever, and it isn't going to be something that just goes away for good next year. People's unwillingness to give him any credit is well beyond laughable at this point.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 11, 2011, 08:27:44 PM

care to elaborate

If you've been around for any length of time, you'd know i'm a Gator/Tebow fan. However, that doesn't stop me from recognizing him for what he is. Tebow wouldn't be worth a crap here because we don't have the defense that would allow him to go 3-16 for three qtrs(as he was today) and still be in the game in the 4th qtr. That's not mocking, that's fact.

I don't know if you were watching that game, but the game was handed to them by two bone-headed plays by Marion Barber. Kudos to him for taking advantage. As for the thanking of the Lord, even Kurt Warner says its too much. Must it be repeated every time a mic is placed in front of him??

His receivers drop passes left and right. Plus Thomas dropped a sure touchdown pass that would of put the Broncos up 7-0 and the game would have been totally different. But people won't acknowledge or mention that

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#81 : December 11, 2011, 08:34:03 PM

The funny thing about the people that claim that the NFL will magically figure out Tebow and shut him down forever next year is that there's really nothing to suggest this is the case. What exactly is he doing that will be so easy to exploit? During the first few quarters he struggles, largely because Denver suffers from Greg Olson syndrome and refuses to open up the playbook until they absolutely have to. Then in the 4th Tebow just goes crazy and starts making plays. It's not even gimmicky anymore for the most part, for the first few quarters they generally just have him hand the ball off and throw it in the pocket and in the 4th he picks apart defenses because he's a dual threat.

Not to mention, it isn't giving NFL coaches enough credit. The idea that a new offense can come in the league and just continue to baffle teams for the entire season is silly. There's more than enough tape on Tebow to get a good idea of how his game works, and while an offseason certainly helps it's not as though coaches need several MONTHS of preparation to figure out how to play defense. And any intelligent team will be focusing on the other 30 teams as well as Denver.
Let's see what happens in the playoffs against top defenses or next week lets see if he can hang with the Patriots.

We're talking about a second year QB with 11 career starts here. Suggesting that he might not be able to walk through the AFC playoffs isn't exactly a daring claim to make, and it certainly does nothing to indicate that the entire league will magically "figure him out" after one offseason. Of course they probably aren't going to do much in the playoffs, Tebow still has a lot of improving to do passing the ball, the defense ISN'T as good as everyone is suggesting, his o-line is terrible at run blocking for McGahee/Ball and his receivers are still extremely inconsistent at best.

But a lot of people are suggesting that one offseason will solve the Tebow puzzle, and it isn't that simple. He's a second year QB who took over for a 1-4 team and they've been 7-1 since. That doesn't happen, ever, and it isn't going to be something that just goes away for good next year. People's unwillingness to give him any credit is well beyond laughable at this point.
I don't think he's going to magically suck either,but I don't think you can play QB like that and expect to keep piling the wins and that's just my opinion it doesn't matter. The credit thing goes both ways, denver held the bears to 10 points the offense should without a doubt outscore that and win. And I'm glad you had a reason for tebow instead of just saying he wins games.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 11, 2011, 09:49:45 PM

So a female friend of mine who went to school with Tebow at UF just said, If Tebow wasn't gay she'd be on him like white on rice.

LoL... This would explain all the Tebow "man" crush from many of you...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 11, 2011, 09:51:52 PM

So a female friend of mine who went to school with Tebow at UF just said, If Tebow wasn't gay she'd be on him like white in rice.

Loose college women at UF perceive male Christian virgins to be gay.  News at 11.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#84 : December 11, 2011, 09:54:32 PM

So a female friend of mine who went to school with Tebow at UF just said, If Tebow wasn't gay she'd be on him like white on rice.

lol, how can you resist?

gone

Hall of Famer
#85 : December 11, 2011, 10:00:38 PM

I'm not a college football fan so I really wasn't a tebow fan at all.  I was indifferent.  What you saw today was a guy winning a game in a manner similar to big Ben, staying Live long enough to make plays.  There's no "figuring that out".   E does lack the consistent accuracy, but he makes up for that with his presence.  He was leading and doing a tremendous job of it.   You don't win that game if barber doesn't screw it up, but you also don't win that game if your QB isn't doing something very very right.  At this point the smart money has to be on him improving -- his intangibles aren't going anywhere, but he's going to be getting experience and much better coaching. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#86 : December 11, 2011, 10:04:08 PM

He's only in his second year.  kosar threw side arm for gawd's sake.  The guy is a winner.  Nothing to figure out.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#87 : December 11, 2011, 10:06:13 PM

He's only in his second year.  kosar threw side arm for gawd's sake.  The guy is a winner.  Nothing to figure out.

the side arm isn't  the problem, its the byron leftwich-like windup.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denver Tebow's Open Thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools