Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With DeMarcus Ware on deck, Donald Penn and Bucs offensive line struggle « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 12, 2011, 12:45:19 PM

DECEMBER 12, 2011

With DeMarcus Ware on deck, Donald Penn and Bucs offensive line struggle

Bucs Pro Bowl left tackle Donald Penn has a considerable challenge before him this week. He has the privilege of lining up against Cowboys pass rusher DeMarcus Ware in Saturday night's home game, a task that comes on the heels of what arguably was Penn's worst game of the season.

Penn struggled against the Jaguars on Sunday more than he has in any game this season. It was, for instance, who missed a block against Jacksonville outside linebacker Daryl Smith that led to a sack of quarterback Josh Freeman and a subsequent fumble that was recovered for a Jaguars touchdown.

"They didnt play great on the left side of our offensive line," coach Raheem Morris said in his news conference this morning. "Theres no sugarcoating that fact. Donald Penn didnt have as great as game as he usually has for us. Its the first time this season that were actually talking about Donald Penn, so that alone tells you he didnt play as well as he would like to. Hes aware of that. Were aware of that."

On Saturday, Penn will face Ware, tied for second in the NFL with 15 sacks. He has just one sack in his past three games, but Ware also has had games like one on Oct. 30 against the Eagles, when he registered four quarterback takedowns. Even when Ware doesn't get a sack, he is a constant presence in opponents' backfields.

Penn's task of preventing a repeat of Sunday's performance begins in the film room this week, Morris said.

"Weve moved on to the Dallas game because of the short week, so we wont have the extensive film study and be able to go back and evaluate with Donald from a one-on-one standpoint, but Im sure Donald will be in here today and hell evaluate himself and hell come see his coaches and hell get that fixed and get that corrected," Morris said.

"He struggled yesterday with the rusher he had against him and those guys did a nice job of taking advantage and getting our quarterback."
Posted by Stephen Holder at 12:38:37 pm on December 12, 2011

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 12, 2011, 01:02:18 PM

Ware will be a nightmare to defend.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#2 : December 12, 2011, 01:07:14 PM

Pretty sure that Ware has never been able to notch a sack on Donald Penn in their past matchups. I'm not expecting Ware to be a huge factor.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 12, 2011, 01:28:53 PM

Pretty sure that Ware has never been able to notch a sack on Donald Penn in their past matchups. I'm not expecting Ware to be a huge factor.

This season is a first for everything I am afraid.  :(

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 12, 2011, 01:31:16 PM

Donald Penn sucked royally against no name d-lineman against the Jags. Hes in for a beating on saturday. Penn was a big reason we lost on sunday. Not THE reason but one of them.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 12, 2011, 02:37:14 PM

Didn't Ware get hurt Sunday night?  Or am I thinking of someone else.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 12, 2011, 03:09:51 PM

Didn't Ware get hurt Sunday night?  Or am I thinking of someone else.

was just a stinger.  He came back in the game after a few plays off.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 12, 2011, 03:16:25 PM

Sad, this is one of the games I was most looking forward to. Now people will witness how crappy we really are, on national TV.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With DeMarcus Ware on deck, Donald Penn and Bucs offensive line struggle « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools