Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should The Bucs Draft A Quaterback? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#105 : December 13, 2011, 08:59:06 PM

If every NFL franchise was as impatient with QB's as Bucs fans are, there would only be about a half dozen teams that weren't switching QB's every 3rd or 4th season.

aint that the truth.  could also be similar to the brees/rivers situation?
Shouldn't they be, though? If the last ten years have taught us anything, it's if you have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and at times Brett Favre or Kurt Warner, you're going to win a ton. If you don't, your chances of winning are like the tides and fade in and out without much rhyme or reason. There's no more important acquisition you can make than a top 5 QB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#106 : December 13, 2011, 09:03:01 PM

There's no more important acquisition you can make than a top 5 QB.

i certainly agree.  and most thought we had one last year.  but this year he's a bum.  so what gives?  id like to answer that question before we send him packing.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

freddy

Hall of Famer

#107 : December 13, 2011, 09:08:37 PM

i certainly agree.  and most thought we had one last year.  but this year he's a bum.  so what gives?  id like to answer that question before we send him packing.

Agreed having a top 5 QB is awesome, but you also need a team to help make them top 5. There have been plenty of teams to win with bottom half QB's and lose with a top 5 QB's. Except for maybe Switzer's Cowboys, not many teams have won without top flight coaching.

There is no need to get a new QB, get a real coaching staff and Freeman will be fine.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#108 : December 13, 2011, 09:13:45 PM

If every NFL franchise was as impatient with QB's as Bucs fans are, there would only be about a half dozen teams that weren't switching QB's every 3rd or 4th season.

aint that the truth.  could also be similar to the brees/rivers situation?
Shouldn't they be, though? If the last ten years have taught us anything, it's if you have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and at times Brett Favre or Kurt Warner, you're going to win a ton. If you don't, your chances of winning are like the tides and fade in and out without much rhyme or reason. There's no more important acquisition you can make than a top 5 QB.

But you know what they say about top 5 QB's? There's only 5 of them. And let's examine here. Of that list, the only one that was drafted with the lofty expectations of being a top 5 guy was Peyton Manning. Brady is a sixth round draft pick that is the product of a system that even made Matt Cassel look like a stud, Brees was only available to the Saints because the Chargers bought into the exact same mentality that you are selling, Rodgers fell to the Packers at the bottom of the 1st round like pennies from heaven and was groomed for three seasons before taking the reigns, Brett Favre was acquired via trade because the Falcons all but gave up on him because he was an alcoholic (and lets be real here, Favre was an interception machine), and Kurt Warner was a million to one shot undrafted FA acquisition.

Out of all the names you mentioned, only Manning was a top 10 pick.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#109 : December 13, 2011, 09:17:25 PM

We already know the answer to that question. Not by any physical thing he does, but by the fact that he has given up hope in his receivers and given up on his team. I can't believe anyone still thinks he will be good. Hopefully the new regime sends him on his way and allows the Bucs to draft a real Franchise QB, not a guy who quits on his team like Freeman has.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#110 : December 13, 2011, 09:32:12 PM

i almost responded...then i looked at who posted that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#111 : December 13, 2011, 10:18:46 PM

I know, the truth is not always good news Gametime.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should The Bucs Draft A Quaterback? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools