Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which is it Raheem? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1040Buc

Practice Squad
« : December 13, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »

He is so confused, he doesn't know if this is the same team or a different team.  Just read his answers to the questions in his presser yesterday.

How do you get to 4-9 from 4-2?[/i]“Unfortunately it isn’t the same team. We are different[/b]. But we are into the next man up mentality. I even sold you guys on that because you don’t realize who is missing either. But it’s not about missing people. It’s about those guys stepping up into those roles and using that maturity to get you over the edge. And we have not been able to do that thus far. We have to be able to do that this week. And we have to do it the next three weeks. You know me; I wont give you any excuses why we didn’t win yesterday’s game or any game for that matter. We have to go out and do a better job as a team.”

Will there be radical changes in personnel next season?“No. I wouldn’t go there. Radical changes as far as personnel puts people in a panic. We don’t do that around here. We are not emotional decision makers. [size=12pt]This is the same team or the same group of men that won ten games the year before. [/size] You can go out there and find a way to play faster, smarter harder and more consistent and you can go out there and win however many game you want to win.

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #1 : December 13, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »

It's getting to him! I had hopes but that kind of talk comes from a man who is very unclear on what to do next!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 13, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

We all talked about how this lockout would hurt young teams. Some it has, some it hasn't. But now that the season is almost over we can see a pattern. I think the lockout hurt the coaches the most, specifically the young ones who looked unprepared for how to get into the season up to speed.

We looked unprepared in preseason and seemingly were trying to catch up to veteran coached teams. I think the lockout hurt us because of youth in both spots, players and coaches.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 13, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »

so wouldn't you want a coach that wasn't unprepared?  One that could handle adversity?  One that knew what he was doing?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #4 : December 13, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

I just can't wait until they fire Morris so that every second post on PR isn't "Fire Raheem". Between the losing and 'will they keep him or not' its all pretty nauseating. The Glazers need to get on with it already. The Glazers must be some ninjas (in that operate they in silence) not one friggin' NFL insider has a clue what they'll do. Meanwhile if the third-string RB on NE has so much as a bruise they report it, sigh.
« : December 13, 2011, 02:57:15 PM bucfan26 »

snicker24

Starter
« #5 : December 13, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »

I'd be devastated if Raheem gets fired. If he stays i think he'll be looked back on as the greatest decision this franchise has ever made. Why clean house again? It just restarts another rebuilding process with ups and downs. This isn't a typical case where the coach isn't respected by his peers and there is turmoil in the locker room. His relationship with Dominik and his players is special and I guarantee that if he stays next season will be an amazing one.   

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 13, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »

We all talked about how this lockout would hurt young teams. Some it has, some it hasn't. But now that the season is almost over we can see a pattern. I think the lockout hurt the coaches the most, specifically the young ones who looked unprepared for how to get into the season up to speed.

We looked unprepared in preseason and seemingly were trying to catch up to veteran coached teams. I think the lockout hurt us because of youth in both spots, players and coaches.

I guess that would explain the unusual number of blowouts this season.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 13, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »

wait.  weren't we just blown out by a Rookie QB and a interim HC?  Logic fail.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 13, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »

I'd be devastated if Raheem gets fired. If he stays i think he'll be looked back on as the greatest decision this franchise has ever made. Why clean house again? It just restarts another rebuilding process with ups and downs. This isn't a typical case where the coach isn't respected by his peers and there is turmoil in the locker room. His relationship with Dominik and his players is special and I guarantee that if he stays next season will be an amazing one.

A weaker schedule, like 2010, will only mask the reality.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 13, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »

With all respect to you BucNY, I ain't buying it.

Look at Harbaugh in SF.....with a QB that everyone wanted to put out to pasture.  Look at Carolina....rookie HC and rookie QB...I'd argue that with any kinda D, Carolina would be at or near .500 this season.  The Kitties certainly play with more passion and effort than what I've seen from the Bucs this season.

And then last week's clusterf*** in JAX against an interim HC and a QB that hasn't done squat all year.

And if it WAS the lockout, they have had 13 games to fix it, and I'd be confident in saying that the Bucs have gotten worse each week instead of better.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 13, 2011, 06:42:40 PM »

Will there be radical changes in personnel next season?“No. I wouldn’t go there. Radical changes as far as personnel puts people in a panic. We don’t do that around here. We are not emotional decision makers. This is the same team or the same group of men that won ten games the year before. You can go out there and find a way to play faster, smarter harder and more consistent and you can go out there and win however many game you want to win.

Well Raheem, Carolina coach Ron Rivera begs to differ and there is no question he's not out to be anybody's best friend on the roster. Wish Morris would adopt more of this attitude:
“They all do . . . whether it’s the guys need to improve as football players or we need to go out and find guys who can help us at those positions,” Rivera said. “The one thing is it’s got to change for the better. I’ve told the players, when it’s all said done, when we come back next year, we’re getting better. If we’re not getting better, we’re moving on. We’re not going to wait. We just can’t afford to.”

player101

Starter
« #11 : December 13, 2011, 07:39:12 PM »

Carolina/Ron Rivera also has had the benefit of stellar QB play when compared to what Morris has gotten from Freeman. We can sit here and blame the OC but the reality is Freeman has not been effective.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 13, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »

And Freeman is not a rookie, ala Newton.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 13, 2011, 08:13:53 PM »

A weaker schedule, like 2010, will only mask the reality.

I know the stronger schedule is the easiest explanation for the way the team is playing compared to last year, but how does that reconcile with the bad showings vs. the teams they played with losing records like Indy, Carolina, Jacksonville, and Minnesota?

The team has just flat-out sucked this year, good opponent or bad.  Really, the only games this season the team has played respectable were vs. the Packers (13-0), Saints (10-3), and Falcons (8-5).  The quality of opponents isn't the reason the team has looked awful.
« : December 13, 2011, 08:15:58 PM Biggs3535 »

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 13, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »

Exactly......the game vs the packers just shows that they are NOT being coached up week to week.

I'm over this whole conversation.  Time to go in another direction.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which is it Raheem? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools