Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Source: Dom wanted to cut Talib « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 14, 2011, 12:58:12 AM

Yeah but its not like Dom is going to hire a big time coach as that would be the nail in his coffin as well.  Be careful what you wish for as is this really ALL on Morris?  You have to put some on ownership, the players, Dominik, Morris, Olson (OK a lot on Olson) and again the players.

So essentially we are **CENSORED**ed for the next few years....thats what I was thinking...time to clean house.

huckleberry

Rookie

#16 : December 14, 2011, 01:01:28 AM

Stuff like this, especially now, is not a good thing. 

Is the GM distancing himself from Morris?
The "Source" is Dominik.

That's correct. You're probably going to see a lot of articles like this in the coming weeks because Mark will continue to throw everyone around him under the bus to try to save his own job.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 14, 2011, 02:15:45 AM

As I've said over and over, It's not all Dom's fault that the personnel he picks and chooses doesn't succeed. He can't always force Rah around either. He has to give the HC some opinion weight too. In this case, Dom was trying to appease his HC, and do what he could to stop the defensive bleeding.

Rah will literally be friends with anyone, which is fine if you're the average person. As HC, he isn't the average person anymore though.

He's supposed to be looked up to, or at the very least, set honorable standards for himself and his players.

For instance, the Talib constant thugfest is NOT comparable to the Price incident. Calling out an already injured McCoy for bad technique being the reason for his injury, and NOT blaming himself in any way for not coaching him up properly (as he was supposed to do). Getting flags called every season, on himself. Seriously, way to change the refs minds.. Firing coaches for less crap than he's served up thus far. Placing a 4th round WR as #1, while the 2nd rounder plays second fiddle. Promising McCown a chance at starting, only to bring in the guys he wanted instead without an afterthought. He got rid of Brooks when there was still value in him and was a valuable team vet. Rah said that "we're going to score touchdowns" (referring to Gruden's inept offense), yet hires a man that literally tore pages from Gruden's playbook.

In spite of it all, he's still seen as a "player's coach."

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 14, 2011, 02:33:16 AM

This is kind of irrelevant now considering Talib really hasn't been anywhere close to the biggest issue on this team. He definitely has underperformed but there has been far more bigger issues this year than Talib.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 14, 2011, 04:50:55 AM

Great points BW.  I had forgotten about the McCown thing. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 14, 2011, 07:01:46 AM

He should have.  He should have taken a harder stance with Rah with all matters on this team ... now he's in the dog house and could lose his job over it, so now he's starting to separate himself from Rah.  Finger pointing is never a good sign of what is going on inside OBP.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 14, 2011, 07:08:46 AM

This is kind of irrelevant now considering Talib really hasn't been anywhere close to the biggest issue on this team. He definitely has underperformed but there has been far more bigger issues this year than Talib.
it's not irrelevant if you believe like many do that this team is undisciplined on and off the field because there is no accountability.  We allow Tanard to fail numerous drug test and get suspended twice, letting his team down in the process, and take him back with open arms, start him his first week back and give him a contract extension. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 14, 2011, 07:10:34 AM

so who's to blame for not cutting  Tanard ?  I'm sure there was some serious DB love going on from Morris but didn't Dom not only allow his return but give him a new contract.  Dom is not innocent.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 14, 2011, 07:13:11 AM

Desperate men do desperate things.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 14, 2011, 07:24:50 AM

it's not irrelevant if you believe like many do that this team is undisciplined on and off the field because there is no accountability.  We allow Tanard to fail numerous drug test and get suspended twice, letting his team down in the process, and take him back with open arms, start him his first week back and give him a contract extension.

Bingo. The inmates are running the asylum and it all started with too much DB love.

Dom's job is to look out for the long term future of the team not just do what Morris wants.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : December 14, 2011, 07:28:01 AM

Huge mistake by Raheem, could have really helped set a tone of accountability

Raheem has been horrible on all fronts.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 14, 2011, 07:47:54 AM

Looking at how undisciplined this team is, it certainly looks now that the players think they take advantage of Morris.  Once Talib got away with all of his issues and antics, the other players knew Morris is a pushover

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 14, 2011, 07:58:43 AM

is it a stretch to compare off field issues to on field play?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#28 : December 14, 2011, 08:04:41 AM

You know what this is? This is Dom now distancng himself from Rah.. Trying to save his job!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 14, 2011, 08:05:59 AM

Morris has always been a players coach and seemed to have a special spot in his heart for our DBs. He was never a harsh disciplinarian but it is very clear that it is time to start kicking some ass around here. I still like Morris and I still think he can be a great HC for us for the next 10 years, but things do need to change. Those who win every year have the ability to adapt. No more can we tolerate personal fouls, off the field issues, etc....

I was screaming to keep Talib around because of how talented he was, many strongly disagreed with me. At this point his 2 interceptions on the year are hardly worth the headache he has caused. We need a cohesive team with team first, player second attitudes.

Looking at Talib on the sidelines on Sunday, I couldn't help but laugh. The guy looks like a complete jokester.....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Source: Dom wanted to cut Talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools