Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« : December 14, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »

Fan rock bottom?
Has the fan base hit rock bottom? How many people do you know that care about this team?
If you are on this website it means you are pretty hardcore fan, especially considering the current state of the team. How much worse can it get, outside of the hardest of the hardcore fans, who cares about the Bucs? Like all you guys, I listen to all the radio stations, read all the local writers, read all the blogs, have season tickets, re-watch games on DVR and NFL Replay… Yet I’m seriously losing interest. I want them to be good, watchable, average, and RESPECTABLE.

RESPECTABLE: I think this is the biggest problem, they are SO unlikeable as an organization and individuals it as alienated every casual fan. This is due to the way they behave on and off the field. When I’m at game if you look at the buccaneers sideline you can’t tell if you’re looking at a NFL Team or a pool party. I rub my eye and look for the margarita machine and Keg. Everyone is just moping around, kicking back in the seats, joking, raping, and pretty much doing everything except paying attention to a football game. Off the field… well we can’t go a more than a few months without DUI’s, Drugs, Fights, Shootings, fan beat downs, and that’s just the things we know about.

I work at an office with 30 other people all who live in Tampa, The office is 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from Ray Jay. Other than me there is not one other person in this office that cares about the buccaneers, they don’t know the players, and don’t ever go to games. These same people chat about the Rays, and organize office Hockey outings. Some root for out of state teams for no good reason.

We are the last holdouts and even the hardest of the hardcore are wavering, I know this because I AM. Besides you guys, out of hundreds of people I know and work with in the bay area, only a handful actually care about the Bucs enough to go to games or watch them on TV.
Realizing that rebuilding the past 3 years has failed miserably, and nothing but a complete franchise reboot will save us may put the dagger in this thing.

This is what Fan Rock Bottom Feels like.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 14, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »

well stated

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 14, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

Yes I think they have hot rock bottom.  I will always be a fan.  But they need to clean house this offseason. I look forward to that happening, and to the draft, that is what keeps me interested right now.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 14, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »

and what if they do nothing?  Keep Morris.  Keep Olson.  Not much activity in FA......you still going to buy what they are selling? 

danimal09

Starter

« #4 : December 14, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »

Its very hard to watch and my interest is at an all time low, however I have no plans to stop watching. People on this board are the 10%'ers that will never leave the Bucs, but outside of this board I know very few Bucs fans that are still sticking with the Bucs and it sucks to walk into a Tampa bar and be one of three Bucs fans there. Seeing all the other team jerseys makes me want to puke.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 14, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

and what if they do nothing?  Keep Morris.  Keep Olson.  Not much activity in FA......you still going to buy what they are selling?

I think there is about a 1% chance of that happening.  They know they need to make changes.  And yes, I will still be a fan no matter what. 

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #6 : December 14, 2011, 01:56:20 PM »

Its very hard to watch and my interest is at an all time low, however I have no plans to stop watching. People on this board are the 10%'ers that will never leave the Bucs, but outside of this board I know very few Bucs fans that are still sticking with the Bucs and it sucks to walk into a Tampa bar and be one of three Bucs fans there. Seeing all the other team jerseys makes me want to puke.

This is what makes me the most depressed, I can't wear my Bucs visor to the golf course with clients without having jokes thown my way without having anything to throw back at them. God help me if they are from Boston, or Pittsburgh.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : December 14, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »

1983 was rock bottom. But this is getting close. I won't give up the opportunity to watch the Bucs; before NFL Sunday Ticket, that in and of itself was a rarity. But if Raheem returns I'll buy less gear, discuss the team less often, be less engaged.

In Verner We Trust

TSKAD72

Starter
« #8 : December 14, 2011, 02:02:26 PM »

I'm only 20 so I obviously wasn't around for most of the atrocious teams throughout the franchise, but this is the worst Buccaneer team I've ever been a fan of. I'm not interested usually by the 3rd quarter (usually because we're down 3 scores by then) and it's not fun from kickoff. Our young players we thought would be stars have nearly all regressed. Outside of the young defensive line there's really not anything to get super excited about. Coaches who are clueless. Definitely a personal rock bottom as a fan.

The worst part about this season is we have consistently, as a unit, looked like we're not in the same league as our opposition. It has looked like we are an outmatched Sun Belt team playing a tune up game against an SEC team. San Francisco, Houston, Carolina, Jacksonville (JACKSONVILLE?!?!) have all completely dominated us in every facet of the game. It's expected for a young team to have a game like this once a year or so, but we've been getting destroyed week in and week out. Honestly if we were 4-9 with all games coming within two scores (or in that range) I would say give Raheem and company another year. But it couldn't be more clear. We have taken 10 steps back after taking 1 step forward last year. We're going the wrong way under the current regime.

On top of that the team isn't giving us anything to root for. You have to have one powerful magnifying glass to find a silver lining. Nobody has stepped up on either side of the football in a huge way. Everything I've said here I've said before. There's just nothing else to talk about other than how bad we suck. Right now I'm typing about how much it sucks to suck. :(

I honestly don't know whether I can stomach another year of rooting for a team that looks like this. The Glazers owe the fans so much more than this garbage.
« : December 14, 2011, 02:04:27 PM TSKAD72 »

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

« #9 : December 14, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »

Fan rock bottom?
Has the fan base hit rock bottom? How many people do you know that care about this team?
If you are on this website it means you are pretty hardcore fan, especially considering the current state of the team. How much worse can it get, outside of the hardest of the hardcore fans, who cares about the Bucs? Like all you guys, I listen to all the radio stations, read all the local writers, read all the blogs, have season tickets, re-watch games on DVR and NFL Replay… Yet I’m seriously losing interest. I want them to be good, watchable, average, and RESPECTABLE.

RESPECTABLE: I think this is the biggest problem, they are SO unlikeable as an organization and individuals it as alienated every casual fan. This is due to the way they behave on and off the field. When I’m at game if you look at the buccaneers sideline you can’t tell if you’re looking at a NFL Team or a pool party. I rub my eye and look for the margarita machine and Keg. Everyone is just moping around, kicking back in the seats, joking, raping, and pretty much doing everything except paying attention to a football game. Off the field… well we can’t go a more than a few months without DUI’s, Drugs, Fights, Shootings, fan beat downs, and that’s just the things we know about.

I work at an office with 30 other people all who live in Tampa, The office is 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from Ray Jay. Other than me there is not one other person in this office that cares about the buccaneers, they don’t know the players, and don’t ever go to games. These same people chat about the Rays, and organize office Hockey outings. Some root for out of state teams for no good reason.

We are the last holdouts and even the hardest of the hardcore are wavering, I know this because I AM. Besides you guys, out of hundreds of people I know and work with in the bay area, only a handful actually care about the Bucs enough to go to games or watch them on TV.
Realizing that rebuilding the past 3 years has failed miserably, and nothing but a complete franchise reboot will save us may put the dagger in this thing.

This is what Fan Rock Bottom Feels like.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.  Nothing about this organization feels professional. Its all bush-league. I look at the Ravens with Suggs and Rice and Ray Lewis, and think to myself, man, these guys live, breathe and eat football.  Their entire week is devoted to Sunday's game.

The Bucs?  I feel as if Sunday's game is just something they have to get out of the way before hitting up the clubs that night. All of this dancing, rapping, joking on the sidelines when they are getting blown out shows they really don't care about winning. As a fan, it is very frustrating that I clearly care more about the game than the actual players.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 14, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »

I understand its a tough time to be a fan right now. Things can only get better is the way I see it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 14, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »

Being a Buc fan in NY I don't see stuff like this. I know of 2 other bucs fans in my area. All are hardcore because if not, you aren't a fan of a team that is 1500 miles away.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 14, 2011, 02:12:31 PM »

I put all my faith in Freeman being this team's saving grace and he's been the most disappointing player by far this year.  I can take losing if their is something to look forward to in the future but now I don't know where to find that.  I'm sorry if I've come across as a very negative fan lately but unless there are some drastic changes and  Freeman can be salvaged I don't have hope this will get turned around.
« : December 14, 2011, 02:14:33 PM Skull and Bones »

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 14, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »

Well, I have tickets to the Saturday Night game and am not going, I have never missed a game and drive over 2 hours each way to see the Bucs...this is pretty close to rock bottom for me

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #14 : December 14, 2011, 02:32:41 PM »

Unlike the old days, there's other things to do with our entertainment dollar rather than spend it on the Buccaneers...and I'll be honest, I've not enjoyed going to games the last couple years. The atmosphere is stale, the service sucks and everything is overpriced. Even tailgating before the game isn't as safe or fun (we had stuff stolen out of the back of my truck twice).

I'm giving up my season tickets this year. A couple years ago that would be unthinkable for me...there was a year when my wife was out of work that we had to give them up - it was one of the hardest things I've ever done and as soon as she got a gig I got them back immediately.

Now? It's like, so what? I'll go to the games I want and then watch the rest on TV (or the internets).

I was always one who believed it was the duty of the fan to support the players and coaches that are busting their hump to entertain you. Now? That's changed. If the owners don't give a damn about me, why should I care about them?

Now a team like the Lightning - they know how to treat their fans. That's where I'm devoting my money next season. Sure, the team is struggling right now - but I believe that ownership and the upper management will do whatever is necessary to put a winner on the ice. Meanwhile, the experience at the game is fun, entertaining and even in defeat I'm almost guaranteed a good time.

The Bucs? Meh.

I love this team and I live and die with them every Sunday. But I don't need my money going to a striker in Manchester, England.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools