Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 14, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »

I put all my faith in Freeman being this team's saving grace and he's been the most disappointing player by far this year.  I can take losing if their is something to look forward to in the future but now I don't know where to find that.  I'm sorry if I've come across as a very negative fan lately but unless there are some drastic changes and  Freeman can be salvaged I don't have hope this will get turned around.

A new coaching staff will work wonders.  We will see the Freeman of 2010 again.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #16 : December 14, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »

I put all my faith in Freeman being this team's saving grace and he's been the most disappointing player by far this year.  I can take losing if their is something to look forward to in the future but now I don't know where to find that.  I'm sorry if I've come across as a very negative fan lately but unless there are some drastic changes and  Freeman can be salvaged I don't have hope this will get turned around.

Agree with that sentiment.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #17 : December 14, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »

Agree with that sentiment.

I agree. Can you Imagine what Andy Reid could do with Josh Freeman and Fresh start? Chills my fried, Chills.

stallion504

Rookie

« #18 : December 14, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »

Fan rock bottom?
Has the fan base hit rock bottom? How many people do you know that care about this team?
If you are on this website it means you are pretty hardcore fan, especially considering the current state of the team. How much worse can it get, outside of the hardest of the hardcore fans, who cares about the Bucs? Like all you guys, I listen to all the radio stations, read all the local writers, read all the blogs, have season tickets, re-watch games on DVR and NFL Replay… Yet I’m seriously losing interest. I want them to be good, watchable, average, and RESPECTABLE.

RESPECTABLE: I think this is the biggest problem, they are SO unlikeable as an organization and individuals it as alienated every casual fan. This is due to the way they behave on and off the field. When I’m at game if you look at the buccaneers sideline you can’t tell if you’re looking at a NFL Team or a pool party. I rub my eye and look for the margarita machine and Keg. Everyone is just moping around, kicking back in the seats, joking, raping, and pretty much doing everything except paying attention to a football game. Off the field… well we can’t go a more than a few months without DUI’s, Drugs, Fights, Shootings, fan beat downs, and that’s just the things we know about.

I work at an office with 30 other people all who live in Tampa, The office is 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from Ray Jay. Other than me there is not one other person in this office that cares about the buccaneers, they don’t know the players, and don’t ever go to games. These same people chat about the Rays, and organize office Hockey outings. Some root for out of state teams for no good reason.

We are the last holdouts and even the hardest of the hardcore are wavering, I know this because I AM. Besides you guys, out of hundreds of people I know and work with in the bay area, only a handful actually care about the Bucs enough to go to games or watch them on TV.
Realizing that rebuilding the past 3 years has failed miserably, and nothing but a complete franchise reboot will save us may put the dagger in this thing.

This is what Fan Rock Bottom Feels like.

I had been trying to understand my own feeling reagrding this team and you perfectly stated how I currently feel.

I have gotten to the point, that I'm looking to do other things on Sunday that don't consist of even trying to follow the Bucs game.  At least when I could not watch the game on TV, being overseas, I would break my neck to follow on GameTrax or follow the Game day thread on this site. At this point I don't even want to see the team get anymore embarrased. At least the ones that are trying hard to win.

When every fan comes away from watching a Bucs game with the same observation:

1. Pop Warner Offensive plays is stupid.
2. The same damn plays every single week ($%#@%@$ end around) is predictable.
3. Taking Blount off the field on every 3rd down is predictable that it is a pass play.
4. HC picking a player that is least confrontational (Sooo disappointented in Raheem for that). Punk move
5. Players literally giving up, when faced with adversity.

There is a serious problem.

My football days or over, so Madden12 is my sport of choice. Who do I play with? The Buccaneers. I'm killing opponents and the CPU on All Madden. Why???? Because I spent comoney on quality FA's and got rid of the garbage. Hell.. Freeman was traded for a 2nd pick and Terrel Pryor. I know it's a game, but every time I would pass a ball with Freeman it was getting picked off. Just like in real life.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #19 : December 14, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »

I think the only solution will be to change the HC and get a quality replacement. Otherwise, 2012 will be identical to 2011.

I feel now the way I felt in 2009 when Leftwich was our QB. Little hope.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #20 : December 14, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »

But if Raheem returns I'll buy less gear, discuss the team less often, be less engaged.

Same here. I will be less engaged and spend less $. I think we are getting close to rock bottom...but if Raheem and Olson are back...we will see what rock bottom is. It will be an ugly scene when RayJay is less the 25% filled.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #21 : December 14, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »

Shame to waste a good schedule next season - lots of interesting teams coming to RJS next season.

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
« #22 : December 14, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »

Already at rock bottom and been there since last year.

My usual Xmas haul is anything people could find that has Bucs logo on it ... last years stuff is all sitting in the box it went in. Havent bought anything but the "bottomless soda" at the games and made clear i dont need any logod items for xmas.

Season tix are probably getting cancelled.

Yeah, not really interestes anymore ;)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 14, 2011, 03:04:39 PM »

This definately sucks....who would have imagined this 6 months ago....

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #24 : December 14, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »

Of course we are at rock bottom..look at the stands. I blame the Glazers 100% They made the decsisions to get the organization to this point. We need new ownership to stop the ship wreck.. Rah should have never been HC in the first place...he wasn't even close to being ready

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 14, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »

I live in the middle of Cam Country, and it's hard sometimes. My best friend is from Lakeland, we were both huge fans when we lived in Florida. He didn't even know the Bucs were playing this Saturday night and had no idea what the team's record is this year.

He loves the Bucs and asks about them sometimes, but it's obvious he just doesn't care about the team. This is the same guy who used to wear a Brooks jersey every Sunday through the 2000's.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 14, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

I know I imagined this 3 years ago, along with many others.

-----------

And to the guy in Cam country, imagine living in Hawaii.  There are barely any football fans here let alone Buc fans.  Try mustering up the will to wake up at six am to go to a bar to watch the game.  I'll be honest, I just don't do it every Sunday any longer. 

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #27 : December 14, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »

I know I imagined this 3 years ago, along with many others.

-----------

And to the guy in Cam country, imagine living in Hawaii.  There are barely any football fans here let alone Buc fans.  Try mustering up the will to wake up at six am to go to a bar to watch the game.  I'll be honest, I just don't do it every Sunday any longer.

I lived in Hawaii for a few years back in 04-06, we used to get up and go to down town Honolulu, some pizza shop/Bar had Sunday Ticket. Man that was rough.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 14, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »

Rough is sitting in bar full of obnoxious Cowboys fans here in Texas. They are the worst....well second to the **CENSORED**ing "who dat" Saints fans....

Tampa2.1

Rookie

« #29 : December 14, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »

I agree with many points expressed. Its clear the franchise has hit rock bottom  :( and the fan base is feeling the pain [judging by forums]. Watching my Bucs on Sunday from the UK has become really hard work [the game against the Jags was BRUTAL], but I will still watch regardless. I may not support the owners, or the coaching staff, or some of the dumb players we have, but I will ALWAYS support the team. The 49ers show that quick turnarounds are possible in the nfl, so hopefully we'll all be posting this time next year celebrating an NFC South championship lol ;)

As I have mentioned before, I am both a Bucs fan and a fan of Manchester United. It still pains me to see that some of you guys feel Manchester United is somehow to blame for the failures of the Bucs and that the Glazers only spend money on one side of the pond. I can categorically state that this is not the case. Unfortunately, the Glazers are sucking the life out of Manchester United [which has huge debt] just the same as they have done to the Bucs. The only difference is that Manchester United is a much larger cash cow [at the moment] and also has one of the greatest soccer managers of all time currently as head coach. Therefore, the effects of cheapness have not been felt too much [yet!] - but believe me the signs are starting to appear. It is clearly evident they are running both clubs in the same way, and gaining huge profits while putting very little back in. This will not last in my opinion, as in all sports, financial gains are directly dependent on success. Consequently, no success = no profits.

The saddest thing of all is that both the teams I love so much are currently suffering because of the same owners  :(  There are no easy answers. However I do believe that both sets of fans need to be patient and endure these hard times, as ultimately if no success is achieved the Glazer will need to sell and move on.

FIRE THE CANNONS
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools