Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 14, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »

1983 was rock bottom. But this is getting close.

I don't agree with that.   I had FAR more respect for that 83 team than I do for this 2011 team.

JohnBuc06

Starter
« #31 : December 14, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »

I agree with many points expressed. Its clear the franchise has hit rock bottom  :( and the fan base is feeling the pain [judging by forums]. Watching my Bucs on Sunday from the UK has become really hard work [the game against the Jags was BRUTAL], but I will still watch regardless. I may not support the owners, or the coaching staff, or some of the dumb players we have, but I will ALWAYS support the team. The 49ers show that quick turnarounds are possible in the nfl, so hopefully we'll all be posting this time next year celebrating an NFC South championship lol ;)

As I have mentioned before, I am both a Bucs fan and a fan of Manchester United. It still pains me to see that some of you guys feel Manchester United is somehow to blame for the failures of the Bucs and that the Glazers only spend money on one side of the pond. I can categorically state that this is not the case. Unfortunately, the Glazers are sucking the life out of Manchester United [which has huge debt] just the same as they have done to the Bucs. The only difference is that Manchester United is a much larger cash cow [at the moment] and also has one of the greatest soccer managers of all time currently as head coach. Therefore, the effects of cheapness have not been felt too much [yet!] - but believe me the signs are starting to appear. It is clearly evident they are running both clubs in the same way, and gaining huge profits while putting very little back in. This will not last in my opinion, as in all sports, financial gains are directly dependent on success. Consequently, no success = no profits.

The saddest thing of all is that both the teams I love so much are currently suffering because of the same owners  :(  There are no easy answers. However I do believe that both sets of fans need to be patient and endure these hard times, as ultimately if no success is achieved the Glazer will need to sell and move on.

That's a real interesting perspective ...you can count me as one of those Buc fans that has felt the Glazer's focus their resources on ManU so your opinions are an eye opener.  From this side it always seemed that we would here of some ManU player (do you call them "players"?) getting a new  huge contract or some new player signed so the assumption was the Glazer's were willing to keep the ManU product competitive since it was more of personal interest to them.  It makes me wonder if the huge debts they have built in owning both clubs are more of a burden than they let on and that's the real reason we don't see any real monetary investment from them.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 14, 2011, 09:23:38 PM »

usmc:  No.  If Morris is retained next year will bottom out.  My parents are the most diehard bucs fans....they even have a working cannon from Restoration Hardware.  They have had season tix since 90.  They received a ticket INCREASE this season.

They are not happy.  They have put up with a lot of crap.  Dare I say they are at a tipping point.

Several thousands dollars later.....when your diehard fans start questioning....there is a huge huge problem.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 14, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »

when your diehard fans start questioning....there is a huge huge problem.

Most of the die hards started questioning the day Raheem was hired.

csidedave

Second String
« #34 : December 14, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »

If this wasn't my hometown team, I wouldn't even be the least bit interested in them anymore.  It's bad football.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 14, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

If this wasn't my hometown team, I wouldn't even be the least bit interested in them anymore.  It's bad football.

There are times when i swear...my eyes bleed.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : December 14, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »

1983 was rock bottom. But this is getting close.

I don't agree with that.   I had FAR more respect for that 83 team than I do for this 2011 team.
I'll agree with that aspect, but that hurt more because it was unnecessary and just as bad of a fall. Remember that in a few years we had an elite back in Bell ... and then a few years later he was gone and dead. Then they let Doug walk in one of the greatest drafts ever for a QB, traded away a first for Jack Thompson, who by that point had already proved that he wasn't anything special.
I loved that 1982 team and the 1983 team deserved a far better fate.

In Verner We Trust

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 14, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »

Feels like rock bottom to me. No matter what I just don't get bothered with a loss at this point.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 14, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »

You're good that you can just forget about it, Logo. I envy you.

In Verner We Trust

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : December 14, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »

Fan rock bottom?
Has the fan base hit rock bottom? How many people do you know that care about this team?
If you are on this website it means you are pretty hardcore fan, especially considering the current state of the team. How much worse can it get, outside of the hardest of the hardcore fans, who cares about the Bucs? Like all you guys, I listen to all the radio stations, read all the local writers, read all the blogs, have season tickets, re-watch games on DVR and NFL Replay… Yet I’m seriously losing interest. I want them to be good, watchable, average, and RESPECTABLE.

RESPECTABLE: I think this is the biggest problem, they are SO unlikeable as an organization and individuals it as alienated every casual fan. This is due to the way they behave on and off the field. When I’m at game if you look at the buccaneers sideline you can’t tell if you’re looking at a NFL Team or a pool party. I rub my eye and look for the margarita machine and Keg. Everyone is just moping around, kicking back in the seats, joking, raping, and pretty much doing everything except paying attention to a football game. Off the field… well we can’t go a more than a few months without DUI’s, Drugs, Fights, Shootings, fan beat downs, and that’s just the things we know about.

I work at an office with 30 other people all who live in Tampa, The office is 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from Ray Jay. Other than me there is not one other person in this office that cares about the buccaneers, they don’t know the players, and don’t ever go to games. These same people chat about the Rays, and organize office Hockey outings. Some root for out of state teams for no good reason.

We are the last holdouts and even the hardest of the hardcore are wavering, I know this because I AM. Besides you guys, out of hundreds of people I know and work with in the bay area, only a handful actually care about the Bucs enough to go to games or watch them on TV.
Realizing that rebuilding the past 3 years has failed miserably, and nothing but a complete franchise reboot will save us may put the dagger in this thing.

This is what Fan Rock Bottom Feels like.

Very good post usmc.  I totally agree, although If they do retain Morris, we'll see just how much worse we can go beyond Rock Bottom.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #40 : December 14, 2011, 10:41:22 PM »

Java, why the hell are you still here? You and Morgan are such aging little **CENSORED**es it really gets old hearing your crap post after post. We get it you don't like Raheem, you don't like Freeman and you are busy picking Tebow and Gruden hairs out of your teeth. You call yourself diehard? Diehard is not jumping to every other team as last I recall you have been a Colts, Saints, Jets, Broncos, Falcons fan and you were slobbing all over Rex Ryan and Josh McDaniel. Yeah how have those two worked out?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #41 : December 14, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »

busy picking Tebow and Gruden hairs out of your teeth.

LOL.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 14, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »

Java, why the hell are you still here?

Don't worry, it looks like my negativity will end soon.   I expect Raheem to be fired soon enough.   I expect I'll be a positive Buc fan again after that just like I was prior to that moron being hired.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 14, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »

If the owners don't give a damn about me, why should I care about them?

I don't need my money going to a striker in Manchester, England.

Exactly!
**CENSORED** you Glazers! for making the Bucs your little $45 million net profit Sno Cone Machine!!!
« : December 14, 2011, 10:55:36 PM TheChronicHotAir »

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 14, 2011, 11:02:20 PM »

Java you are such a tool as its clear you have issues with Raheem, what is it because he is black? Why do you have so much hate for the guy? Did he do YOU wrong, no. He was just as qualified as your boy toy McDaniel. I don't see Rex Ryan doin squat in New York with an owner that will spend money. I have soured on Raheem but don't kid yourself Gruden was way overrated and deserved to get canned. He is more responsible for ruining this franchise than Raheem will ever be. Hell whoever takes over will be better off than Raheem was. Make all the stupid comments you want but facts are facts, we went from a dominant Super Bowl team to a team with no identity in a couole years, we had no sense of direction and what player did Gruden ever draft that's worth a damn and not named Tanard Jackson? Nobody wants you here so please just leave.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools