Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #60 : December 15, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »

This is what Fan Rock Bottom Feels like.

These kinds of season teach you to not take football so seriously, imo.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

« #61 : December 15, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »

Wait a minute, the Buccaneers are RAPING on the sidelines? Jeez... thing have gotten bad.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #62 : December 15, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »

Raping, the Image of the Bucs at least as a stand up organization with a Defensive heart, Even in the worst of times, opposing offenses knew they were in a football game the next day. Not so much these days.

Much like Indiana Jones was raped by Speilberg and Lucas ALA South Park...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #63 : December 15, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »

Raping, the Image of the Bucs at least as a stand up organization with a Defensive heart, Even in the worst of times, opposing offenses knew they were in a football game the next day. Not so much these days.

Much like Indiana Jones was raped by Speilberg and Lucas ALA South Park...

"They got em', Speilberg and Lucas, they were caught red-handed raping a storm trooper"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #64 : December 15, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »

and what if they do nothing?  Keep Morris.  Keep Olson.  Not much activity in FA......you still going to buy what they are selling?

.  And yes, I will still be a fan no matter what.

Fans are the common thread in all the Bucs' seasons. Some fans have been here before the players played their first game and we'll be fans long after all of these players and coaches are long gone. I see the Morris's regime as just a blip on the road -
« : December 15, 2011, 05:14:43 PM morgan »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #65 : December 15, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »

I see the Morris's regime as just a blip on the road -

I see it as 3 years wasted.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #66 : December 18, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »

Are there any similarities between this team and the 1-15 Dallas Cowboys from 1989?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #67 : December 18, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »

Are there any similarities between this team and the 1-15 Dallas Cowboys from 1989?
do you see a HOF QB, RB, and WR on this team?  Do you see future pro bowlers along the OL, at TE, at FB?  Do you see about a half dozen future pro bowlers on the defensive side?  do you see a talented coaching staff?  do you see owners that care about winning a championship?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #68 : December 18, 2011, 11:33:38 AM »

Thjat Cowboys team was us 2 years ago, the burn it to the ground and start over fresh team. We should be closer to the 1991 Cowboys at this point.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #69 : December 18, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »

That was pretty bad last night.

3 home games in a row where we didn't even belong on the same field as the other team

Houston,

Carolina

Dallas.

What a terrible season for season ticket holders.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #70 : August 17, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »

Fan rock bottom?
Has the fan base hit rock bottom? How many people do you know that care about this team?
If you are on this website it means you are pretty hardcore fan, especially considering the current state of the team. How much worse can it get, outside of the hardest of the hardcore fans, who cares about the Bucs? Like all you guys, I listen to all the radio stations, read all the local writers, read all the blogs, have season tickets, re-watch games on DVR and NFL Replay… Yet I’m seriously losing interest. I want them to be good, watchable, average, and RESPECTABLE.

RESPECTABLE: I think this is the biggest problem, they are SO unlikeable as an organization and individuals it as alienated every casual fan. This is due to the way they behave on and off the field. When I’m at game if you look at the buccaneers sideline you can’t tell if you’re looking at a NFL Team or a pool party. I rub my eye and look for the margarita machine and Keg. Everyone is just moping around, kicking back in the seats, joking, raping, and pretty much doing everything except paying attention to a football game. Off the field… well we can’t go a more than a few months without DUI’s, Drugs, Fights, Shootings, fan beat downs, and that’s just the things we know about.

I work at an office with 30 other people all who live in Tampa, The office is 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from Ray Jay. Other than me there is not one other person in this office that cares about the buccaneers, they don’t know the players, and don’t ever go to games. These same people chat about the Rays, and organize office Hockey outings. Some root for out of state teams for no good reason.

We are the last holdouts and even the hardest of the hardcore are wavering, I know this because I AM. Besides you guys, out of hundreds of people I know and work with in the bay area, only a handful actually care about the Bucs enough to go to games or watch them on TV.
Realizing that rebuilding the past 3 years has failed miserably, and nothing but a complete franchise reboot will save us may put the dagger in this thing.

This is what Fan Rock Bottom Feels like.

Reading back through this post, I feel like the Glazers READ what we were saying and did exactly what was needed and asked of them. This team hasn't hit the real field yet but I'm already Proud of them. I think they will play hard again tonight and True NEW DAY in Buc's football is about the dawn.

GO BUCS!!!!!

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #71 : August 17, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »

They still have a long way to go to re-energize the Bay area. A few things that are hurting them right now:

- Blackouts - the combined effect of the repeated blackouts over the last few years is that the area has lost interest.

- No stars - Hopefully this changes, but right now this team has no real fan favorite stars like it did back in the days of Dunn, Alstott, Sapp, Brooks and Lynch.

- Horrible coaching - Say what you will about Dungy and Gruden - most fans liked them. Raheem Morris was completely unlikeable. Maybe Schiano will gain some trust back.

- Losing - Pretty self explanatory

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #72 : August 17, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

They still have a long way to go to re-energize the Bay area. A few things that are hurting them right now:

- Blackouts - the combined effect of the repeated blackouts over the last few years is that the area has lost interest.

- No stars - Hopefully this changes, but right now this team has no real fan favorite stars like it did back in the days of Dunn, Alstott, Sapp, Brooks and Lynch.

- Horrible coaching - Say what you will about Dungy and Gruden - most fans liked them. Raheem Morris was completely unlikeable. Maybe Schiano will gain some trust back.

- Losing - Pretty self explanatory

I'd agree with most of this, but a couple things I'd mention:

I disagree that Morris was unlikable. In fact, as it turned out he was kind of TOO likable. Too nice. Too much of a buddy and a guy you'd hang out with. Schiano on the other hand is a guy you'd probably hate the first time you meet him. But if he follows the Belichick-like model, fans WILL embrace him. They'll love the no nonsense mentality. Raheem, on the other hand, was a guy you wanted to root for...but as the team began to collapse, suddenly all the talk and the fun soured on us. At the end of the day it really is all about winning.

As for the stars, I'd agree with you but I do think we have some star potential. Freeman's a smart, eloquent guy. Maybe not the super mature off the field character that some expected, but very few stars are. McCoy is a very fun, interesting guy, but like Morris, the happy go lucky stuff begins to get annoying if he isn't producing. Doug Martin also seems like a really nice guy, Nicks is very intelligent, etc. But ultimately the players and the team have to produce first. If and when that happens, then it's on the Glazers to go out and market those guys.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #73 : August 18, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »

After that pre season performance at home, and being blacked out again...Schiano has a lot of work to do.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Rock bottom? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools