Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 14, 2011, 03:58:52 PM

we need some play makers........ ray lewis ed reed combo on this team

No, we need offensive line help to allow our playmakers a chance at making plays. I'm fine with LB/CB in the 2nd round. I'll be disappointed with anything but OL in the first.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 14, 2011, 04:01:43 PM

all the logic in the world doesn't make bypassing AP a good move.  if you have a chance to get a "great" player you take him.  That is if he grades out as such.

There were better players than AP available.  My guess is there will be better players than Richardson as well
you can make an argument for Revis and Willis but Peterson is definitely in the discussion.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 14, 2011, 04:06:01 PM

we need some play makers........ ray lewis ed reed combo on this team

No, we need offensive line help to allow our playmakers a chance at making plays. I'm fine with LB/CB in the 2nd round. I'll be disappointed with anything but OL in the first.

Really? They are all needs for sure. It may be smarter to take care of the Oline first since Freeman is your most important guy on the team. However LB/CB are just as big as a problem as the Oline is, if not worse.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 14, 2011, 04:19:10 PM

i dont care if its an OL, RB, WR, CB, or LB...he just needs to be special.  and scheme/coaching is very important for that.  drafting richardson will our OL and our lack of commitment to our run game would be atrocious.  at the same time, i think drafting blackmon and have him run the routes MW was asked to would be just as bad.  drafting claiborne and pairing him with biggers wont do anything for our secondary.  and drafting another MLB would mean more missed gaps and big runs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 14, 2011, 05:35:48 PM

all the logic in the world doesn't make bypassing AP a good move.  if you have a chance to get a "great" player you take him.  That is if he grades out as such.

Sure it does. Unlike a lot of spots there is only one RB on the field at a time. If you have Frank Gore you pass on AP 100 times out of 100. Why? Because the incremental gain from adding AP is almost nil. Now, Blount You figure on first and second down Richardson isn't any (most likely) incremental gain over Blount so you are drafting a guy to add nothing 2/3rd of the time and the 1/3 he would add value is a low value spot for a "runner" as opposed to a pass catcher where a non-elite guy like a Kevin Faulk would be all we really need.

I generally agree that what we lack is elite talent and that I don't care what it is we need elite talent but two spots: QB and RB are not spots I'd take a guy even if I thought he was elite. Frankly, I'm not sure there is ANY RB worth a top 10 pick anymore - their value is shot in this league - but given our current situation it would be a particularly stunning waste.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 14, 2011, 06:17:57 PM

You make a good point, dal. At this point, Richardson only if he is the last resort and other positions can't be accounted for.

Kinda like the Vikings "settled" for AP, settling for Richardson is always a win.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 14, 2011, 06:28:33 PM

As long as they don't pick Blackmon. He is so overrated it's not funny. He's good don't get me wrong but top 10? hell no. he's not going to be a game changer in NFL and I'd be pissed if we wasted a top 10 pick on a receiver unless he can dominate games. The only worthy top 10 pick receivers in the last decade  were Calvin Johnson and Aj Green. There are non of those. I believe Kendall Wright will be better in the NFL then Blackmon.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 14, 2011, 06:34:18 PM

As long as they don't pick Blackmon. He is so overrated it's not funny. He's good don't get me wrong but top 10? hell no. he's not going to be a game changer in NFL and I'd be pissed if we wasted a top 10 pick on a receiver unless he can dominate games. The only worthy top 10 pick receivers in the last decade  were Calvin Johnson and Aj Green. There are non of those. I believe Kendall Wright will be better in the NFL then Blackmon.

How is he overrated?

It is not like he is going up against chump CB's.  Some of the CB's he has faced were drafted in the last draft, and will be drafted in this draft.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackmon does better at the pro game than Dez.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 14, 2011, 07:03:55 PM

How is he overrated?

It is not like he is going up against chump CB's.  Some of the CB's he has faced were drafted in the last draft, and will be drafted in this draft.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackmon does better at the pro game than Dez.

He's good because he's strong, physicall, can catch and can run every route in the route tree(deep, short, middle of the field) but he's overrated because of his stats. WR's are hardly game changers as it is. Calvin Johnson was one of the best WR prospects ever and the Lions were terrible up untill this year. Larry Fitz has been one of the best in the NFL and some seasons THE best yet the cardinals have more bad seasons than good. Both receivers have had good games a lot and it still didn't matter. At only 6'1" with mediocre speed you'd be getting an upgraded Benn with a top 10 pick. incredibly overrated. to be a top 10 WR pick you need the stats and the measurables.
Julio Jones: 6'3", 4.3 speed, elite athleticism.
AJ Green: Extremely fluid athlete for his 6'4" height and can catch anything with one hand tied around his back
Calvin Johnson: 6 freaking 5", 4.3 speed, catches anything possible with both hands tied around his back, extremely fluid for his size. 

Blackmon is not worth it for that spot at all. I'll post a vid of him this year in a game where he had 11 catches for 121 yards and a TD(great game). Now don't be fooled. the QB has all the time in the world, and passes the ball directly to his hands every single time. The defense plays in a zone a lot of times and the just plain sucked on a lot of plays. He runs every route and thats his best feature but this is not a top 10 player and will not change the Bucs all that much. Keep in mind Freeman has not thrown as many accurate passes in one game as your about to see all thrown to Blackmon.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 14, 2011, 07:11:38 PM

I also want to point out in the vid that the play where he gets the most yards after the catch his at the 35 or 40 second mark, and the corner just did a terrible job. So I personally don't give him much credit for those yards after the catch. He didn't do anything special. You have to look at EVERYTHING when evaluating a player.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 14, 2011, 08:13:02 PM

Most of the best WR's in NFL history are shorter than 6-2.

Blackmon's contortion ability to catch the ball is up there with Calvin Johnson when he came out when it comes to inaccurate throws.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 14, 2011, 09:03:29 PM

Most of the best WR's in NFL history are shorter than 6-2.

How many of those were top 10 picks?

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 14, 2011, 09:09:18 PM

Richardson should go in the top 5 but I bet dumb and dumber won't take him.  Cowher will.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 14, 2011, 09:14:10 PM

Blackmon would be great if we don't get RG3

buc-clone

Rookie

#29 : December 14, 2011, 09:17:45 PM

I say draft for need, it's been working so well since 2001!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools