Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OH, NO! THE SKY IS FALLING! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 15, 2011, 10:10:24 PM

This is the NFL and its about what you've done for me lately. Last year was last year. You don't get to live off past success.

I hope you weren't one giving the previous regime a pass. I also agree, I have a strong feeling that Morris has to go after these past 2 months.

RudeGuy

Starter

#31 : December 16, 2011, 01:27:04 AM

heck most people around here believe Luke McCLOWN was our guy...

I remember a game where Gruden started a broken Brian Griese over him.

PewterReportChidi

Rookie
#32 : December 16, 2011, 11:25:39 AM

Some of you do get my point in these article I write about keeping Raheem and stopping the merry go round of coaches. Whether Raheem is the best coach or the worst coach, it is the fact that firing these coaches is not the answer. But the answer to what problem? We have had Head Coaches that have won, winning records, playoff appearances, and Super Bowl wins but fans wanted to fire each and every one of them. So what is it that Buc fans want??? To win the Super Bowl every year? To get to the Super Bowl every year? To get to the NFC Championship every year? This is not realistic but it seems to be the only remedy that will keep Buc fans happy with their head coach. And herein lies the problem. And quite frankly as a Buccaneer former player of 9 years and a Buc fan myself, it makes me sick to my stomach that Buc fans ran Tony Dungy out and ran Jon Gruden out. Its just plain ungrateful and ignorant to keep calling for the head coaches to be fired after they have given you winning seasons, playoff appearances, NFC Championship appearances and Super Bowl wins. I will say it again...If Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden and yes even Raheem Morris were given 10 years as head coach they would have more winning seasons and playoff appearances than losing seasons. I am a fan of football and I am happy if my team has winning seasons. If they make it to the playoffs that is icing on the cake. And if they make it to Championship games then that is even better. After all the point of it all is to have winning seasons not make it to the Super Bowl every year because that is just plain unrealistic. Buc fans, we used to be laughing stocks of the NFL and had nothing but losing seasons. But now Buc fans simply are not happy if we are not Super Bowl contenders every year. Ridiculous. And for all posters that cannot read, I have been hard and critical of this coach in my past articles. Read them. Yes Raheem and this team is stinking it up and it is embarrassing. But all of you who are asking for Raheem to go are the same who asked for Tony Dungy to go and Jon Gruden to go. Bottom line...you are never satisfied and never happy. Ooops, unless we are improving every year or in the Super Bowl every year, then Buc fans will be warm and toasty for good. In fact, I can't wait for this regime to be replaced with a new regime and give all of you exactly what you wanted, then you will have yet another head coach and regime to be screaming about and wanting to get rid off. Insanity is defined as repeating the same failing actions over and over again but expecting a good result every time. Insane. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 16, 2011, 11:35:20 AM

so should the Dolphins have kept Cam Careron?  Detroit Marinelli?  Dallas Wade Phillips?  49ers Singletary?  The Jets Rich Kotite? The Pats Carroll?  The eagles Ray Rhodes?....
: December 16, 2011, 11:37:25 AM Skull and Bones

moose40

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 16, 2011, 11:39:43 AM

Sorry Chidi, I never asked for Gruden to go, I wanted to see what he could do (yes I'm in the minority), with cap room, and see if he could build something. Yes, I know his choices and Allen's choices were not always well received, or even worked out, but I happened to like his work ethic, and he schemed his butt off to try and win games. He took no prisoners, didn't always make friends with everyone, but that was because he wanted to win.
My only gripe about Dungy was he wouldn't address offense. Nice guy, hard teacher, demanded players to adhere to basic fundamentals.
No team is going to win the Super Bowl every year, I'm only asking for competent coaches, who hire coaches who teach the players to play well, stick to the fundamentals, and show improvement. What we've seen on the field this year is not improvement, it's not even a minor setback because opponents viewed tendencies and game planned accordingly to stop the Bucs (that happens). This is poor tackling, poor execution, brain fart penalties and loafing. THOSE ARE COACHING ISSUES!!!!!!  No one expect the Super Bowl, but no one expects to get beat as badly as we are, when the team isn't that far removed from a 10-6 that people wanted to anoint Raheem as a good coach. Truth be told, he sux. His strength is supposed to be defense? where's the defense?
Bye Bye Rah

BucsnBolts

Practice Squad

#35 : December 16, 2011, 11:47:03 AM

Insanity is defined as repeating the same failing actions over and over again but expecting a good result every time. Insane.

That could be said about how Raheem is fixing the discipline/penalty/tackling/not using the running game/DEFENSE( lack thereof) problem.

7 games in a row is not fluke. Especially against who they played and how bad they got destroyed in the last two. It is more about how he has not yet fixed any problems that are plaguing this team this year. That is coaching. The team just looks lost on the field and ill prepared. Coaching again.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 16, 2011, 11:48:56 AM

Insanity is defined as repeating the same failing actions over and over again but expecting a good result every time. Insane.

That could be said about how Raheem is fixing the discipline/penalty/tackling/not using the running game/DEFENSE( lack thereof) problem.

7 games in a row is not fluke. Especially against who they played and how bad they got destroyed in the last two. It is more about how he has not yet fixed any problems that are plaguing this team this year. That is coaching. The team just looks lost on the field and ill prepared. Coaching again.
True, the only coaching experience Raheem is displaying is his ability to "coach speak" around any issues.
But it's all "sunshine" in his office :o

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 16, 2011, 12:11:02 PM

So what is it that Buc fans want??? To win the Super Bowl every year? To get to the Super Bowl every year? To get to the NFC Championship every year?

People have addressed this strawman more than once.  No, the vast majority of us do not expect to see the team meet some arbitrary measure of wins or postseason success.  We expect the players to play like they care.  We expect them to not play sloppy, undisciplined football. We expect fewer of the team's young players to show every sign of actively regressing before our eyes.

Look, I think every sensible fan here understands that there are times where a team is going to go through rough patches, that there are times where teams have to pretty much start over from scratch.  But I think we've all also seen teams that get mired less-than-mediocrity, where they get top draft pick after top draft pick and never seem to show *real* improvement.  It's just hard to look at this team and not be damned worried that that's the road down which they're headed.  And an awful lot of that is what, at least from the outside, looks like discipline and motivational issues.  For better or worse, the coach has to expect people to lay an awful lot of that at his feet.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 16, 2011, 12:21:06 PM

So what is it that Buc fans want??? To win the Super Bowl every year? To get to the Super Bowl every year? To get to the NFC Championship every year?

People have addressed this strawman more than once.  No, the vast majority of us do not expect to see the team meet some arbitrary measure of wins or postseason success.  We expect the players to play like they care.  We expect them to not play sloppy, undisciplined football. We expect fewer of the team's young players to show every sign of actively regressing before our eyes.

Look, I think every sensible fan here understands that there are times where a team is going to go through rough patches, that there are times where teams have to pretty much start over from scratch.  But I think we've all also seen teams that get mired less-than-mediocrity, where they get top draft pick after top draft pick and never seem to show *real* improvement.  It's just hard to look at this team and not be damned worried that that's the road down which they're headed.  And an awful lot of that is what, at least from the outside, looks like discipline and motivational issues.  For better or worse, the coach has to expect people to lay an awful lot of that at his feet.

Very true, look at Detroit, big mistake in bringing in Matt Millen, waste 1st rd draft pick after first rd draft pick. They wise up, fire his arse, bring in Mayhew, and look at how quickly that YOUNG team is turning around. Stafford is 3 years in, just like Freeman, which one appears to be getting better? And it's not all Megatron. Burleson, Pettigrew, and others are chipping in. 
The smart man realizes after a couple seasons that the direction of the team is not where it needs to be, and changes need to be made. Look at how "iffy" the 49ers were last year, fire Singletary, bring in Harbaugh and all of a sudden Alex Smith is playing like the 1st round draft pick.
Changes like that make a strong believer out of me that coaching is one of the biggest issues on this team, and it's time to correct that. It's time to put a quality, hard working product on the field, not a bunch of friends that express their love for each other while getting their tails kicked in every week.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 16, 2011, 12:23:02 PM

+1, excellent post.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 16, 2011, 12:26:54 PM

What we DON'T want to see is total ineptitude on O and D for a large majority of our games this year.

Super Bowl? NFC Championship? Not yet. A playoff birth might have been too much to ask for but 8-8 and signs of improvement are not.

PewterReportChidi

Rookie
#41 : December 16, 2011, 12:27:07 PM

@Ludicrous Speed. I am so glad you brought up my criminal history and my finances because now I can set the record straight. I guess you are called ludicrous speed appropriately because you are quick to believe everything you read or hear in the press. Let me begin shedding all my personal private life here for all to see. I am sure it is nice for you Ludicrous Speed to have the luxury of no one caring who you are and no one giving damn about your private life. But it comes with the territory when you are a celebrity or in the public eye, so here you go. I was in fact arrested for stalking and charged with stalking and a number of other crimes. All of these criminal charges were result of a scorned ex fiance Tania Danielle Hoffman that set out to ruin me due to me leaving her and marrying the mother of my 3 children. After a short marriage I divorced the mother of my kids and became reengaged to Tania Hoffman. The entire 12 months of engagement, Tania Hoffman was scheming and plotting how to destroy me. All of these charges were DROPPED. They were dropped because the TRUTH came out that my ex fiance was lying to police claiming that I was stalking her when in fact it was during a time when in fact we were actually engaged to be married. In fact during her stalking claims and ensuing arrest and criminal investigation, Tania Hoffman got a side job at Raymond James Stadium of all places. Why would a woman who is in fear for her life gain employment at the house that I helped build and that I frequent? That is just one question that led to the charges being dropped.

As for the Baker Act, this was yet another plot and scheme by my ex fiance to ruin me as she knew all too well that any report about me would end up in the media. After a passing out in my own home from drinking alcohol due to being extremely stressed and distraught about fighting for custody of my 3 children on my own with no attorney, my then fiance Tania Hoffman called police and lied to them that I was trying to kill myself. Next thing I knew I was laying in a hospital bed with Tania Hoffman standing over me laughing at me while video taping me with her cell phone. I had to get attorneys to draft a cease and desists to force Tania Hoffman to destroy the tapes and admit to wrongfully videotaping me while I lay in the emergency room. Rather than face a lawsuit and criminal charges, Tania Hoffman signed the document and admitted to what she did.

Lastly, the media report that I am broke which was aired by HBO is wrong. HBO painted me in a wrong light and will be getting sued for defamation. HBO requested that I do the show to shed light on the financial challenges of NFL players during their careers and after careers are over. I specifically told HBO that maybe they would want to do the interview with some other players because I was not a down and out story which seemed to be what they were looking for. Regardless of HBO insistence that the piece would simply be about challenges that NFL players faces and not about trying to paint a picture of a player being broke, HBO still wrongfully painted the story as if I was broke. The show twisted, sound byted and omitted many of my comments to make it look as if I was down and out. Many times the narrator inserted his own narrative about my financial life which simply were not true.

For more of the TRUTH of these events read my autobiography that will be released in 2012. I have had a very blessed life and a very tormented life. Movie making material. My book will lay out all the facts and back it up with Court documents, Court transcripts, and email chains.

Ludicrous Speed, thank you for bringing up these hurtful moments in my life and dragging me through hot coals regarding them. It is has taken me years to cope and get over the injustices done to me by my ex fiance Tania Hoffman, the Tampa law enforcement and the one sided media reporting of the events. Never once did any media source attempt to get my side of these events. It is people like you that make the world such a great place to live. If I was in fact broke, how cruel of you to throw such a hurtful damaging financial experience in my face as if it is somehow joke material. If I was broke that would be a very terrible experience for the 3 children that I am raising as single Dad. Is that funny to you that 3 children are suffering? Funny how rotten ruthless folks like you fail to mention any of the good I have done for the Tampa Bay community. Since you like googling people so much, google all the charity work I have been involved with, and the charity centers that I founded, and the over 35 college scholarships that I funded through my Foundation. None of the good I have done can outweigh the power of the media error filled reporting because people like you suck it all up as truth. All that good erased and all that matters is one event in my life, right? I am certain that a person like you has never done any good for the community whatsoever except post hate on sites under an ALIAS. Keep up the good work Ludicrous Speed, you rotten son of a "censored". I hope you rot in a gutter somewhere Ludicrous Speed and that God sees to it that karma brings the same pain to your life as you have brought to mine. Enjoy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 16, 2011, 01:28:14 PM

beat me to it.  for morris&co to not have found a way to stay competitive against the likes of the panthers and jaguars is downright disappointing.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 16, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Some of you do get my point in these article I write about keeping Raheem and stopping the merry go round of coaches. Whether Raheem is the best coach or the worst coach, it is the fact that firing these coaches is not the answer. But the answer to what problem? We have had Head Coaches that have won, winning records, playoff appearances, and Super Bowl wins but fans wanted to fire each and every one of them. So what is it that Buc fans want??? To win the Super Bowl every year? To get to the Super Bowl every year? To get to the NFC Championship every year? This is not realistic but it seems to be the only remedy that will keep Buc fans happy with their head coach. And herein lies the problem. And quite frankly as a Buccaneer former player of 9 years and a Buc fan myself, it makes me sick to my stomach that Buc fans ran Tony Dungy out and ran Jon Gruden out. Its just plain ungrateful and ignorant to keep calling for the head coaches to be fired after they have given you winning seasons, playoff appearances, NFC Championship appearances and Super Bowl wins. I will say it again...If Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden and yes even Raheem Morris were given 10 years as head coach they would have more winning seasons and playoff appearances than losing seasons. I am a fan of football and I am happy if my team has winning seasons. If they make it to the playoffs that is icing on the cake. And if they make it to Championship games then that is even better. After all the point of it all is to have winning seasons not make it to the Super Bowl every year because that is just plain unrealistic. Buc fans, we used to be laughing stocks of the NFL and had nothing but losing seasons. But now Buc fans simply are not happy if we are not Super Bowl contenders every year. Ridiculous. And for all posters that cannot read, I have been hard and critical of this coach in my past articles. Read them. Yes Raheem and this team is stinking it up and it is embarrassing. But all of you who are asking for Raheem to go are the same who asked for Tony Dungy to go and Jon Gruden to go. Bottom line...you are never satisfied and never happy. Ooops, unless we are improving every year or in the Super Bowl every year, then Buc fans will be warm and toasty for good. In fact, I can't wait for this regime to be replaced with a new regime and give all of you exactly what you wanted, then you will have yet another head coach and regime to be screaming about and wanting to get rid off. Insanity is defined as repeating the same failing actions over and over again but expecting a good result every time. Insane.

That is probably the most arrogant, obnoxious and downright insulting thing I have ever seen a PR writer put down.  You obviously don't know us here. 

Most of us here didn't want Tony or Jon fired.  Most of us DO want Raheem fired.  Because we DO see that he is not going to be successful, that last year was a fluke, and that he has passed the point of no return with his credibility and with his control of the players.

But that's OK, keep on bashing the fans.  Keep telling us how childish and stupid we are, I'm sure that's what PR needs, someone to come in and spit on their paying customers.

graypilgrim

Starter

#44 : December 16, 2011, 05:08:03 PM

. Insanity is defined as repeating the same failing actions over and over again but expecting a good result every time. Insane. 

OK, Chidi - just like Morris doing the same thing week after week and not changing but expecting different results? It is obvious where your loyalties lie but here is something you and many others tend to forget: we, the fans finance this thing you call football and I thank you for calling us names and implying we are stupid. And you know something, we are. For financing people like you to write the drivel you do and for coaches like Morris to have a real good time with his crew. Fine, I am done. No more of my money will you get. I just got smart.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OH, NO! THE SKY IS FALLING! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools