Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Briscoe could start opposite Mike Williams Saturday night « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 15, 2011, 02:04:42 PM

I would like to see us use Benn in a more non-traditional role. Like a Percy Harvin kind of thing. We do the screen passes. We've attempted deep balls with Benn, I would like to see him catch out of the backfield and maybe even a few running plays. I'm intrigued by his running ability.

Yes I know I would normally blast someone for saying thing like this...

Based on what I have seen I agree he appears to be a utility player.  Now, using a high draft selection for a utility player (eg Harvin) isn't exactly good use of resources, but if he develops into that role that is satisfactory. 

landfill

Second String
#16 : December 15, 2011, 02:09:37 PM

I doubt we'll see a drop off in receiving production from Benn to Briscoe. There will be two changes though. One being you won't see the ridiculous end around from Benn that we usually see. Another thing we won't have is Benn's run blocking. I've noticed they like to motion him in tight to crash down on the DE when Blount runs to the outside. We'll have to see if any of the other receivers can fill his blocking  shoes.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 15, 2011, 02:10:28 PM

Briscoe is a better route runner and pass catcher, so I think Benn's run blocking is a tad overrated. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 15, 2011, 02:21:00 PM

I bet Briscoe goes out and has a big day.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 15, 2011, 02:33:52 PM

I doubt we'll see a drop off in receiving production from Benn to Briscoe. There will be two changes though. One being you won't see the ridiculous end around from Benn that we usually see. Another thing we won't have is Benn's run blocking. I've noticed they like to motion him in tight to crash down on the DE when Blount runs to the outside. We'll have to see if any of the other receivers can fill his blocking  shoes.

Briscoe did that as well on one play after Been left the game, albeit not as well as Benn.

Olson is so GD predictable.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 15, 2011, 04:35:19 PM

Shouldn't that guy Preston Parker be starting in Benn's place? Hes been pretty good this year right? Yea hes made a couple good catches. He has some yards. He might be capable.

HE WAS ONLY THE TEAM LEADER IN RECEVING YARDS GREG, THE FREAKING TEAM LEADER FOR MULTIPLE WEEKS!!!!!

Fack! I can wait until you get the boot!
: December 15, 2011, 04:36:59 PM TampaBucks05

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 15, 2011, 06:07:09 PM

Put Benn on IR and see what Gant can do.

I was down on Benn earlier in the season, but I realize that it's just a product of injuries and a poor offense. He should just heal up properly and spend the offseason improving.

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#22 : December 15, 2011, 06:15:56 PM

I forgot Briscoe is a big time WR...Buc fans are funny just because a guy is able to play on this team doesn't mean he's capable of being an NFL player. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 15, 2011, 06:26:31 PM

I forgot Briscoe is a big time WR...Buc fans are funny just because a guy is able to play on this team doesn't mean he's capable of being an NFL player.

That is why the team will play him to see what they have in him?  Thanks for answering your own question.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 16, 2011, 07:16:55 AM

Don't care which 2 you start of the 3, we still don't have a true #1.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 16, 2011, 07:43:25 AM

MIke Williams can be a #1, but there are three games to go so we shall see what he does.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 16, 2011, 01:22:45 PM

Shouldn't that guy Preston Parker be starting in Benn's place? Hes been pretty good this year right? Yea hes made a couple good catches. He has some yards. He might be capable.

HE WAS ONLY THE TEAM LEADER IN RECEVING YARDS GREG, THE FREAKING TEAM LEADER FOR MULTIPLE WEEKS!!!!!

can you think of any catches parker has that werent shallow crosses or 5 yard outs?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 16, 2011, 02:04:18 PM

I think people are giving up on Benn way too early.

He was always going to be the guy most likely to be impacted negatively by the lockout. The guy shows a lot of flashes of talent, but he needs a full, healthy offseason to put everything together I think.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Briscoe could start opposite Mike Williams Saturday night « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools