Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter: Bucs may opt for new DC, not HC « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

gone

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 17, 2011, 04:38:44 PM

The problem goes beyond x and o here.  It's a lack of discipline and leadership from the staff.  Hiring someone under Raheem wouldn't change that.  And if your hiring someone to be a coordinator and bring maturity to the staff, just what would you keep Raheem around for?  His mad Madden skills?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#76 : December 17, 2011, 04:47:47 PM

The problem goes beyond x and o here.  It's a lack of discipline and leadership from the staff.  Hiring someone under Raheem wouldn't change that.  And if your hiring someone to be a coordinator and bring maturity to the staff, just what would you keep Raheem around for?  His mad Madden skills?
he's their designated driver when they go out partying in soho on Friday nights.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 17, 2011, 04:54:28 PM

Yep, agree 100%. DC isn't the reason we have penalties, turnovers, lack of a fast start, blown assignments and what not. This team is unsound in so many ways more than X's and O's and in fact I don't know if their X's and O's are that bad to begin with.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 17, 2011, 05:05:00 PM

It could be a disaster. If you hire strong OC and DC while the head coach is lack in leadership and discipline.....that's a catastrophe waiting to happen.

The problem with the Bucs is there is no accountability and no discipline. Teams that have a lot of penalty problems week after week lack discipline. And it's obvious on game day that the practices are lacking in intensity. Switching out the OC and DC won't change that unless you have a head coach that can be a hardass and demand accountability.

And that is precisely the reason the players say they support Raheem. He doesnt hold them accountable for their mistakes like most coaches would. If you bring in a tough coach that demands results, a lot of these players could lose their jobs since they just arnt that good.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#79 : December 17, 2011, 05:27:11 PM

It is weird that the players are not saying anything bad about the coach.  The penalties however have been attributed to the youth; but, how does our young players compare to other teams young players?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#80 : December 17, 2011, 05:31:38 PM

It is weird that the players are not saying anything bad about the coach. 

I can't remember a time in Buc history when the players under contract said bad things about the coach during the season.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 17, 2011, 05:38:50 PM

It is weird that the players are not saying anything bad about the coach.  The penalties however have been attributed to the youth; but, how does our young players compare to other teams young players?

In Dallas, the players LOVED Wade and swore up and down the wall it wasn't his fault but their fault things were going wrong....then they'd go out and play like $%^& week in and week out. Then they hired Garret and the level of play got a lot better almost overnight. The same story is happening in Tampa.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 17, 2011, 06:22:48 PM

Unless they extend Raheem....good luck finding a DC coordinator (and/or OC) worth a damn.  Also, free agents will be hesitant to come here because of a HC in a lame duck.

Also...these blackouts will be BAAAAAAD....

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#83 : December 17, 2011, 06:42:55 PM

It is weird that the players are not saying anything bad about the coach. 

I can't remember a time in Buc history when the players under contract said bad things about the coach during the season.

You don't remember 2003?  I'll give you a hint: this Buc wore #19.

"I was never Gruden's guy. He never liked me. I told him I'd rather retire than play for him in 2004. ... [Gruden] tried to turn the team against me."

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#84 : December 17, 2011, 06:45:33 PM

Keyshawn had problems everywhere he went.   And he was the only example of that in Buc history - and he was cut from the team for it.   Gruden coached in Tampa more than another 5 years after that so it had no effect.    It's extremely rare for a player to be so outspoken that he talks bad about his coach.   Keyshawn, TO, Jeff George and other jerkoffs have done it.   But not often.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#85 : December 17, 2011, 09:05:09 PM

Schefter better be wrong..  Glazers better get this coach out of here..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter: Bucs may opt for new DC, not HC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools