Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mason Foster = wasted draft pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 17, 2011, 11:52:19 PM

Compare him to rookie Von Miller.
Von Miller is also a beast and we had zero chance of drafting him.

BucsnBolts

Practice Squad

#16 : December 17, 2011, 11:56:30 PM

Atleast he was near the ball. As far as tackling goes the entire team is terrible at it. Every single player on that defense save a couple cannot tackle.

TSKAD72

Starter
#17 : December 18, 2011, 12:00:15 AM

Von Miller is also a beast and we had zero chance of drafting him.

Plus he's playing with better talent around him and has actual coaches. It's just a terrible comparison to make.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 18, 2011, 12:38:10 AM

Too early for this thread.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 18, 2011, 12:42:39 AM

Needs to be moved to outside LB.

He is not an NFL middle LB. He gets mauled inside.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 18, 2011, 12:45:23 AM

LOL comparing von miller to mason ryan.. miller i a 1st rounder.. top 10 talent..

foster has played well.. just young

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 18, 2011, 12:47:09 AM

1st of all, Von Miller was the 2nd overall pick, while Mason Foster was a 3rd round. 2nd of all, Von Miller and Mason Foster play 2 different positions. Miller is a 3-4 LB which is a pass rushing position and Foster is a 4-3 MLB. You new to the sport or something?

And to call Foster a wasted draft pick after 1 season is ridiculous.

TSKAD72

Starter
#22 : December 18, 2011, 12:54:08 AM

1st of all, Von Miller was the 2nd overall pick, while Mason Foster was a 3rd round. 2nd of all, Von Miller and Mason Foster play 2 different positions. Miller is a 3-4 LB which is a pass rushing position and Foster is a 4-3 MLB. You new to the sport or something?

And to call Foster a wasted draft pick after 1 season is ridiculous.

Ridiculous is the wrong word...it's more like absolute insanity, especially considering the position he's in right now (awful team, no talent on his left or right, no coaching). I forgot that if you don't play out of your mind in your rookie year that means you'll never do anything in the NFL. Foster has had his ups and downs but he definitely hasn't been terrible. Had a rough game tonight but it happens to the best of em. Can we get him a little help (players and coaches) before we write him off please? Or should a 3rd round rookie be able to put the team on his back and do it all himself?

mattyd1521

Second String
#23 : December 18, 2011, 12:58:09 AM

I like Foster. I think he will get better and looks like a rookie out there. My issue is the pathetic lack of tackling from the other two linebackers. Geno Hayes is too inconsistent. One play he makes a nice backfield stop and two big players misses his opportunity. I don't have anything to say about Quincy Black because he doesn't do anything. It is embarrassing that he wears the captain patch.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 18, 2011, 01:00:36 AM

My issue with the play of the linebackers, at times, has been that they seem to pull up short, and not want to drive through targets.  I have seen Hayes do this many times, as well as Black.  Drive though their targets.  They are arm tackling, and diving at feet, and slipping and sliding in pursuit. 

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 18, 2011, 01:33:50 AM

Way too soon. The closemindedness of the entire board these days is scary...

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 18, 2011, 02:32:28 AM

Way too soon. The closemindedness of the entire board these days is scary...

and so is the naiveness...

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 18, 2011, 02:45:00 AM

WOW this thread is amazing!

rook0429

Practice Squad
#28 : December 18, 2011, 08:34:29 AM

Mason Foster was god awful last night. He is not an upgrade over Ruud because he can;t cover as well as tackle. Ruud was not good but he was the tallest midget of a very Buccaneer bad linebacker corp. The DL is better than last year but the dropoff in the back 7 from the linebackers to the safety and dbs. Black is paid twice as much as much as the Saints Darrin Sproles but is not as good as Geno Hayes.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 18, 2011, 08:38:45 AM

Foster's coverage is a problem and has been most of the the year. That's worrisome but something that can be developed as a lot of college backers don't play good coverage. Is he a waste, can't say yet but he isn't playing welll. As plenty of folks have pointed out, no one on this defense is.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mason Foster = wasted draft pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools