Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'M NOT A RICE HATER....................... « previous next »
Page: 1

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: March 21, 2007, 07:50:24 PM

In response to the "Trade rice this season"............. I'm just tired of us letting future HOF players walk away and sign with another team for a big payday, and we get absoulutely NOTHING in return...........

He's making like 11 mil this season. If we want him back next year we tag him for 2 mil less. And if a team truly wants him they'll have to go a round with master Bruce. He's sort of an ageless wonder so I could see him playing another 3 productive years here. How old is Strahan? 

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#1 : March 21, 2007, 12:15:20 PM

In response to the "Trade rice this season"............. I'm just tired of us letting future HOF players walk away and sign with another team for a big payday, and we get absoulutely NOTHING in return...........

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 21, 2007, 03:18:33 PM

And who do we get in his place that gives us what he does? He brings just too much to the table.

No way we can start the season with 2 rookies on the DL and expect to win many games.

Rice, like him or hate him, we just can't afford to let him go. Draft picks mean nothing for sure-they are all a crapshoot.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 21, 2007, 04:43:20 PM

And who do we get in his place that gives us what he does? He brings just too much to the table.

No way we can start the season with 2 rookies on the DL and expect to win many games.

Rice, like him or hate him, we just can't afford to let him go. Draft picks mean nothing for sure-they are all a crapshoot.

We'll be letting him go in 08 anyway, so why not get something for him while we can?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : March 21, 2007, 07:54:52 PM

Trading Sims is just plain crazy!! Where do you get someone with his sack totals?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 21, 2007, 08:41:50 PM

There is no such thing as a crazy trade until you see what the terms are - you need to see who you are losing vs what you are getting.  Don't get hung up with the names on the back of the jersey for crying out loud. 

For instance, perhaps trading Simeon (or Sims as you typed) to Detroit gets us a very good DT and a switch of picks - you sticking with Simeon, and if so what if they offer that and a #2, you still saying no?  Of course not - now your assure youself with the player you wanted, and pick up a huge value with a DT, and you got the pick to get another DE - younger and cheaper, which could lead to another value FA player bc you shed cap room. 

Trading is not plain silly, it is a way to make or break a franchise. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 21, 2007, 09:42:31 PM

Trading Sims is just plain crazy!! Where do you get someone with his sack totals?

By totals I assume you mean seasonal totals.  And it's a good question. 

You either draft someone or pay thru the nose.

Trading him lets you pick his replacement (or close to it).

Letting him run his contrat out gives you nothing except another slot to fill in 08.

Sim's a cool cat, and I like him a lot.  I think he's got 2-3 years in the tank.  I's love nothing more than to see him restructure and stay, but there's very little to indicate he'd do that.  He's gone after 07 and that means trade for value while you can.  He's not replaceable with the 2nd he's net us, but that's better than the nothing he'll net us in 08.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 21, 2007, 09:50:00 PM

RICE HATER!!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 21, 2007, 09:50:30 PM

True, he's got almost as many sacks as Simms has batted passes.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 21, 2007, 09:53:08 PM

Gruden said they want to improve the pass rush and overall pressure. Getting rid of Rice would be counter-productive to that goal.

#10 : March 21, 2007, 11:22:46 PM

Wait, so you're not mad about losing his production, but about his 'HOF' tag? What the ....

Also all of these HOF players? Sapp is the only one I can think of, and his payday went to McFatty (THANKS LORD MCKAY), Lynch isn't a Hall of Famer, and that's basically it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 21, 2007, 11:28:10 PM

Gruden said they want to improve the pass rush and overall pressure. Getting rid of Rice would be counter-productive to that goal.

Only in the short term.  It would HELP in the long....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'M NOT A RICE HATER....................... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools