Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Dilfer's comments about Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 18, 2011, 08:39:41 PM

I still get a good laugh whenever I see Dilfer on TV giving any sort of analysis about the QB position.

They auctioned off his Pro Bowl jersey recently.   

ON Comedy Central?

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#16 : December 19, 2011, 01:17:55 AM

My problem with Tebow and always will be is his taking the whole religion thing way over board.  If your that religious great but keep it to yourself.  Nothing annoys me more than an interview where a player starts off first of all i would like to thanks my lord jesus christ..... i mean really just enough with it already.  My second problem is that yes hes a "winner" but hes not a good quarterback.  At best he will lead borderline playoff teams for a few seasons then flake out once the league knows everything he can and can't do.  I wouldn't want him on my team as a quarterback.  He seems like a guy that if he switched positions would be succesful because of his personality.  Would have a much longer career and make more money that way

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : December 19, 2011, 05:09:40 AM

Wonder if he realizes that he's responsible for turning people off, rather than turning them to his religion. Agree, he goes overboard and shoves it in your face.  Is it possible to be "over-religious" to the point of it being on your mind 100% of the time?  Like a religious fanatic? This guy is close.  Obsessions can become pathological.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 19, 2011, 07:20:46 AM

anyone who has played QB at the NFL level is certainly qualified to make analyses of other QBs.  Terry Bradshaw had a much better career than Dilfer.  Does that mean he is smarter?  Gruden was a 3rd string QB at the Univ. of Dayton.  And that was only as a favor to his dad.  Does that mean he isn't knowledgeable enough to provide analyses?   And you think I'm full of stupid.

Since you just became a Buc fan after 2002, you probably didn't see Dilfer in his first seasons as an NFL QB. Now here he is proviing analysis and critiques on Tebow.

If you don't enjoy watching Freeman play, Dilfer was 100x worse during his first seasons.
I've been a fan since around 92.  Remember the Dilfer era well.  And you continue to miss my point.  Just because he isn't a HOF QB doesn't mean he doesn't know a thing or 2 about playing QB in the NFL.  He did do it for 14 years.

graypilgrim

Starter

#19 : December 19, 2011, 07:44:09 AM

I wish Tebow wouldn't throw his religious beliefs in our face at every possible opportunity.

I am tired of people throwing their lack of religion in my face at every possible opportunity. Why is OK for me to listen to every non-Christian diatribe but the moment I wish to speak about the love and peace of Christianity, I am shouted down and branded? Double standards. I did not care for Tebow primarily because I do not care for his Alma mater but I give him credit for being a Christian. He does not just give God 55 minutes every Sunday (or less) and thinks everything is just fine. Suggest the Bible be read for clarification. Also, I am tired of people who profess not to be Christian or feel it is an invasion of their lives yet go way overboard to celebrate the season. Christmas after all is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ and those who follow in the celebrations; put up lights & a tree and pass out gifts and do not believe are hypocrites. You cannot have it both ways, either you believe or you do not. If you do not, you have nothing to celebrate. And before some of you jump on me to say this is not the proper forum, the door was opened on the previous post unless you are employing another double standard. Also, I am commanded by my Lord to spread His word and to bring love and peace to the world. I wish all of you the peace and love this season has to offer. I pray you take advantage of it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 19, 2011, 07:51:48 AM

I still get a good laugh whenever I see Dilfer on TV giving any sort of analysis about the QB position.

Trent Dilfer is very good at analyzing QB play. Don't discredit him because he couldn't do it on the field. Makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2011, 07:56:49 AM

he doesn't

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 19, 2011, 07:57:00 AM

I wish Tebow wouldn't throw his religious beliefs in our face at every possible opportunity.

I am tired of people throwing their lack of religion in my face at every possible opportunity. Why is OK for me to listen to every non-Christian diatribe but the moment I wish to speak about the love and peace of Christianity, I am shouted down and branded? Double standards. I did not care for Tebow primarily because I do not care for his Alma mater but I give him credit for being a Christian. He does not just give God 55 minutes every Sunday (or less) and thinks everything is just fine. Suggest the Bible be read for clarification. Also, I am tired of people who profess not to be Christian or feel it is an invasion of their lives yet go way overboard to celebrate the season. Christmas after all is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ and those who follow in the celebrations; put up lights & a tree and pass out gifts and do not believe are hypocrites. You cannot have it both ways, either you believe or you do not. If you do not, you have nothing to celebrate. And before some of you jump on me to say this is not the proper forum, the door was opened on the previous post unless you are employing another double standard. Also, I am commanded by my Lord to spread His word and to bring love and peace to the world. I wish all of you the peace and love this season has to offer. I pray you take advantage of it.

-Non-christians tend to get annoyed people preaching to them and react.

-Christmas is not about the birth of Jesus Christ anymore. Its about spending money and buying presents. Where exactly have you seen anything religious in this year "Christmas commercials?"

-Disagreement does not equal double standard

-If you are commanded by your lord to spread his word, you should be able to understand "non-believers" as you put it, to spread the word of non-believing

-Finally i'm not a huge fan of the QB tebow but I have no problem with how he presents himself. I think to big of a deal has been made out of it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Dilfer's comments about Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools