Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Behind-the-scenes video of Saturday's game « previous next »
Page: 1 2

YReceiver14

Starter

« : December 18, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »

buccaneers.com is just chugging right along.  The video includes game highlights (all three of them).  What's most disheartening is the complete lack of energy in the players.  We ran out of the tunnel like the oldest team in the league.

Most interesting was the Bucs' complete apathy at the Dekoda TD, and Ronde's demeanor as he walked off the field, perhaps for the final time (a terrible thought...he deserved better).

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Week-15-Behind-the-Bench-vs-Cowboys/d1b598ae-0bed-4140-8898-3a74c642adb6

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 18, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »

I found it interesting that they focused most of the video on coach Keith Millard.   Could the Bucs be about to name him interim head coach?

BucsnBolts

Practice Squad

« #2 : December 18, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »

That is not a happy confident team.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 18, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »

Glad to hear they didn't have a lame-ass Talib-like cookin' celebration on that Watston TD.

They were down three TDs, afterall.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 18, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »

Nobody on the Bucs seem to mind losing besides a small handfull

BucsnBolts

Practice Squad

« #5 : December 18, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »

They looked defeated running out of the tunnel and even during their pep talk chant thing. Just looked pathetic.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #6 : December 18, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »

I found it interesting that they focused most of the video on coach Keith Millard.   Could the Bucs be about to name him interim head coach?

Good point. He seems like the most competent of the coaches currently on staff. But if you make an assistant into your interim head coach can you demote them back down to a coordinator next year? I don't know how that would work.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #7 : December 18, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »

Good point. He seems like the most competent of the coaches currently on staff. But if you make an assistant into your interim head coach can you demote them back down to a coordinator next year? I don't know how that would work.

I don't get the Millard love.  He was out of the league last year, and it's not like the team is setting the world afire with sacks.  Clayborn's effort is responsible for these sacks.

I'm not saying he's bad, but how would promoting a DL coach who has never been a coordinator be better than promoting a DB coach who had been a coordinator at the college layer?

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 18, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »

I don't get the Millard love.  He was out of the league last year, and it's not like the team is setting the world afire with sacks.  Clayborn's effort is responsible for these sacks.

I'm not saying he's bad, but how would promoting a DL coach who has never been a coordinator be better than promoting a DB coach who had been a coordinator at the college layer?

I thought Millard coached for the Raiders last year????

YReceiver14

Starter

« #9 : December 18, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

I thought Millard coached for the Raiders last year????

via wikipedia:

Millard coached the Oakland Raiders Defensive Line from 2005-2007. On February 8, 2011, it was announced that Millard, along with Grady Stretz, will be a defensive line coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, specializing in pass rush.

I believe he was running his own DL camp or something.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 18, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »

What's most disheartening is the complete lack of energy in the players.  We ran out of the tunnel like the oldest team in the league.

Most interesting was the Bucs' complete apathy at the Dekoda TD, and Ronde's demeanor as he walked off the field, perhaps for the final time (a terrible thought...he deserved better).

I totally agree with you on all those points.   Coming out of the tunnel showing no enthusiasm at all...   that's ridiculous when you have a young team and a head coach they would supposedly run through a brick wall for.   Obviously that is not the case.   When they showed the sideline after that Dekota TD, it was as if the players believed they had already lost anyway.   

Ronde walking off for the final time in those circumstances is a real shame, but Ronde was a big Raheem supporter so I guess he kind of got what he asked for...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 18, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »

My girlfried got to watch this game, her first ever live Bucs game. She noticed it, too. She said, they quit. They keep quitting. The only difference between Dallas, and us was that Dallas finished the plays and we don't. It's so easy to see. Their DLine continued to hustle while our OLine had already given up. Play after play. The entire staff must be fired at the end of the year. ALL of them.

A few players didn't quit. Ronde Barber, Michael Bennett, Dekoda Watson, and Adrian Clayborn didn't quit. Thanks to them for giving up the effort.

Anyone else notice....where is the gang tackling? I NEVER see us gang tackling. We need to CLEAN HOUSE OF ALL COACHES.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

« #12 : December 18, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »

It speaks volumes as to how bad our coaching staff is when our best option for interim HC is Millard who has only been with the team for about 2 minutes.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #13 : December 18, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »

I don't even mean most competent as in a good candidate to be a head coach, I'm just saying Greg Olson needs to be gone far, far away from this team next year and the rest of the coaches besides Millard just seem like clueless BFF's with Raheem. Millard is the only one that when you hear him speak to the team and you see the guy on the sidelines, actually looks like he should be on an NFL coaching staff. I highly doubt that anyone else in the league would hire anyone on our coaching staff except maybe Olson and Van Pelt. But the teams that would hire them would probably be like the Colts, Browns or Jags.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #14 : December 18, 2011, 10:05:18 PM »

I don't even mean most competent as in a good candidate to be a head coach, I'm just saying Greg Olson needs to be gone far, far away from this team next year and the rest of the coaches besides Millard just seem like clueless BFF's with Raheem. Millard is the only one that when you hear him speak to the team and you see the guy on the sidelines, actually looks like he should be on an NFL coaching staff. I highly doubt that anyone else in the league would hire anyone on our coaching staff except maybe Olson and Van Pelt. But the teams that would hire them would probably be like the Colts, Browns or Jags.

That's probably true.  It would be interesting to see how many coaches would survive a strong outside coach coming in.  Good coaches attract more good coaches, and I'm leaning for getting rid of all of our current coaches.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Behind-the-scenes video of Saturday's game « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools