Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What it all boils down to. True Bucs fans, read this, I think you'll agree. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

shawn731

Starter

#15 : December 19, 2011, 03:03:38 PM

I agree with the original poster, and this is only Freeman's third yr in the league.  How many elite QB's have there been the last 10yrs?  They don't drop out the sky. Any team that drafts one has hit the lottery.  From past drafts you can see how many were successful.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 19, 2011, 03:03:40 PM

No, Raheem has been given ample time to keep this team competitive.   Dom has probably one more off season for a last shot.

Plain and simple franchise QB's get the job done regardless of how bad their team's defense is... Look at Tom Brady he plays with a worst defense than us, yet he has his team the number 1 seed. Peyton Manning also shows how he carried a really bad Colts team year in and year out... Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad defense as well... True franchise QB's get the job done no matter what their defense does...

Those QB's don't have bad players on offense.

For years Brady and Manning made their players look better than they actually were

That isn't true based on what we know.

Colts are 1-13 this year, so yes it is very true based on what we know

Marvin Harrison is still a Pro Bowl player on another team.

That still says nothing about the Colts being 1-13... Wayne I think is and was better than Harrison, but Colts are 1-13 with him because he doesn't have Manning right now...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 19, 2011, 03:07:33 PM

No, Raheem has been given ample time to keep this team competitive.   Dom has probably one more off season for a last shot.

Plain and simple franchise QB's get the job done regardless of how bad their team's defense is... Look at Tom Brady he plays with a worst defense than us, yet he has his team the number 1 seed. Peyton Manning also shows how he carried a really bad Colts team year in and year out... Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad defense as well... True franchise QB's get the job done no matter what their defense does...

For years Brady and Manning made their players look better than they actually were

That still says nothing about the Colts being 1-13... Wayne I think is and was better than Harrison, but Colts are 1-13 with him because he doesn't have Manning right now...

Matt Light still is an All Pro LT without Brady not sure what you are arguing.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 19, 2011, 03:09:57 PM

Y'all know how I feel.

Problem is, I would be shocked if Raheem survives because of this fan base that will never be content with a coach, as well as these awful owners who only listen to the fans when it comes to that particular decision.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 19, 2011, 03:10:46 PM

Matt Light still is an All Pro LT without Brady not sure what you are arguing.

My argument was true franchise QB's can carry their team no matter how bad their defense is... You are bringing up offensive players... Sure they have players that would still be good otherwise, but franchise QB's make their team better and I don't know how you can dispute that... Freeman can't be the answer because he hasn't overcame his bad defense and he himself has regressed as well

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 19, 2011, 03:14:58 PM

fan base that will never be content with a coach, as well as these awful owners
This

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2011, 03:16:02 PM

My argument was true franchise QB's can carry their team no matter how bad their defense is... You are bringing up offensive players... Sure they have players that would still be good otherwise, but franchise QB's make their team better and I don't know how you can dispute that... Freeman can't be the answer because he hasn't overcame his bad defense and he himself has regressed as well

Tebow had a hard time carrying the Broncos against the Pats when his defense couldn't step up

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 19, 2011, 03:17:17 PM

Tebow had a hard time carrying the Broncos against the Pats when his defense couldn't step up

Yeah turnovers really hurt and the fact that the Broncos never really had the ball much due to the Patriots offense completely dominating

shawn731

Starter

#23 : December 19, 2011, 03:24:47 PM

Tebow what you are saying is an opinion and far from fact.  Dan Marino is considered the bar when it comes to records and QB's and he hasnt won a Superbowl.  So your argument is pointless.  And everyone else knows that without the dominant D of years past NE is not a shoe in to go to the big dance.  And for Manning IF you stopped his offense and kept him off the field you had a great chance of beating the Colts.  AN ELITE QB is half of the equation.  And that is what everyone is trying to point out.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#24 : December 19, 2011, 03:30:33 PM

I agree, I remember a lot of pundits writing that we could feel the lack of off-season the hardest, but I didnt think much of it. The reality of it is that we have. To expect a team filled with rookies, 3rd year players and a few vets thrown in to battle back from a terrible season is crazy. The Eagles, Dolphins and Chiefs have key vetern players who have been in this league a long time. Give Morris one more year, another top 5 draft pick, and if we don't see improvement next year, can them both. Then we can have a shot at Murry or Bray or whoever and re build this whole thing. This fanbase will go nuts though if we don't at least add one big free agent this year. I think DeSean Jackson will fit nicely here. 

Madman

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 19, 2011, 03:31:31 PM

Why on earth would you bring back Raheem? It really doesn't get any worse. 10 blowout losses, 8 in a row. The team is completely disinterested. Still, some people want to bring back Rah because he's a nice guy. Unreal. This is a business people.

Bookert1905

Starter
#26 : December 19, 2011, 03:31:42 PM

The point is a true franchise QB can overcome a bad defense

So which is it? You say this: 'Funny when it was clear yesterday that defense straight up lost that game for them. Turnovers hurt of course, but that defense got dominated yesterday. If you watched the game you would know that though "

and then say a good Qb should over come a bad defense. What you really mean is, "I talk out of my butt a lot and am a Tebow troll."

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 19, 2011, 03:32:49 PM

I agree, I remember a lot of pundits writing that we could feel the lack of off-season the hardest, but I didnt think much of it. The reality of it is that we have. To expect a team filled with rookies, 3rd year players and a few vets thrown in to battle back from a terrible season is crazy. The Eagles, Dolphins and Chiefs have key vetern players who have been in this league a long time. Give Morris one more year, another top 5 draft pick, and if we don't see improvement next year, can them both. Then we can have a shot at Murry or Bray or whoever and re build this whole thing. This fanbase will go nuts though if we don't at least add one big free agent this year. I think DeSean Jackson will fit nicely here.

BINGO.

shawn731

Starter

#28 : December 19, 2011, 03:33:42 PM

NO D JAX- He is a dynamic player but do you want a head case here?  He is not the kind of player I want.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 19, 2011, 04:02:31 PM

The point is a true franchise QB can overcome a bad defense

So which is it? You say this: 'Funny when it was clear yesterday that defense straight up lost that game for them. Turnovers hurt of course, but that defense got dominated yesterday. If you watched the game you would know that though "

and then say a good Qb should over come a bad defense. What you really mean is, "I talk out of my butt a lot and am a Tebow troll."

That was one game it happens to every franchise QB, but when it happens constantly it's a different story... Which is why Freeman isn't a franchise QB

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What it all boils down to. True Bucs fans, read this, I think you'll agree. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools