Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What it all boils down to. True Bucs fans, read this, I think you'll agree. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tajik_buc

Starter

#30 : December 19, 2011, 04:03:20 PM

OP: You had me til the end.  Morris has to go.  He is either unwilling, or unable to provide the tough love leadership this team needs.  He should have been fired after the Jax game, to put the team on notice.  I like what Romeo Crennel said to Peter King in his MMQB column:  "I like what Crennel said about the coaching change. "I think the change put our guys on edge,'' he said. "There has to be a bottom-line mentality that you're going to be judged for what you do on the field. These guys really had that today.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/19/Week15/index.html#ixzz1gyQYUbYb

Too late for a coaching change here now, players more than likely will coast thru the last two games. 

Theoldbuc

Starter

#31 : December 19, 2011, 04:09:27 PM

The point is a true franchise QB can overcome a bad defense

Only if he is in a system that fits his skill set. But don't strain yourself trying figure out what that means. We know.... you hate Freeman.  :o

DailyRich68

Starter
#32 : December 19, 2011, 04:17:06 PM

I'm laughing at the idea of people expecting Freeman to be like Manning or Brady with the kind of coaching and supporting pieces he's had.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#33 : December 19, 2011, 04:21:34 PM

Plain and simple franchise QB's get the job done regardless of how bad their team's defense is... Look at Tom Brady he plays with a worst defense than us, yet he has his team the number 1 seed. Peyton Manning also shows how he carried a really bad Colts team year in and year out... Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad defense as well... True franchise QB's get the job done no matter what their defense does...

Brady has a Offensive line full of Pro Bowlers, Elite TE's and a solid WR corps. Same goes for Aaron Rodgers, and Manning;s supporting cast. Give Freeman some weapons before you completely judge him. The more I read your post the lower I can feel my football IQ drop as you seem to have no knowledge of the game.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucsnBolts

Practice Squad

#34 : December 19, 2011, 05:11:11 PM

I disagree with that big block of text in the opening post. I must not be a true Buc fan for wanting a coach that coaches and not one that  parties with his team.

This team quit on the coach. That is not good and an offseason is not going to fix it. They have lost faith in his ability to coach them to a win. How about fixing the problem that stemmed from last year in slow starts. Not only that but how many announcers have said that the teams practices are weak and just not good. How many times has it been pointed out that this team quit during games starting with the 49ers? Say what you want about tough losses and yadda yadda but a good coach has his team prepared for games.

Discipline issues, penalties, turnovers, slow starts and quitting is what we have with Raheem right now regardless of excuses of age, schedule, lack of veterans, and whatever else. It has gotten worse instead of better. Raheem is not ready. He needs to get some seasons under his belt with less on his plate as an assistant HC or DC.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 19, 2011, 05:35:02 PM

An BucPride, Cassel also sniffed PO with the same group too. Just to prove your point a bit. I seriously doubt any QB the Bucs have outside of Freeman can win with this group. It says something for this young kid imo.

Fact is, they're good enough on offense or defense even without Brady, to still be able to say they're better than the Bucs and most other teams. You take away Freeman, it's over before it starts in Tampa.

Btw, Green Bay's defense isn't "bad," ..now it does "struggle," but it isn't bad/horrible as the Bucs. Clay Matthews is beast and I would take him over any player on our defense in a heartbeat. Not to mention Woodson. ..Don't even get me started on him. Beast.

Does Tampa have ONE proven player (like these other teams) besides an aged Barber!? No.

(well maybe Penn, he's got a little pineapple in his diet by accident)

These teams being discussed have maybe two or three probowlers on each side of the ball. No comparison really. An that's all on stale, cheap ownership imo. Several seasons of being the cheapskates of the NFL have caught up to them in the majority of fans eyes.
: December 19, 2011, 05:36:33 PM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 19, 2011, 07:00:08 PM

I'm laughing at the idea of people expecting Freeman to be like Manning or Brady with the kind of coaching and supporting pieces he's had.

It's ridiculous when you think about it.

Draft a top QB and then surround him with what? A second year 4th round WR, a second year 2nd round WR and a rookie undrafted FA WR. At RB you have a all undrafted FAs. TE is the overrated K2 and a rookie.

Then further challenge him by hiring a coaching staff on the cheap.

Glazers suck.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 19, 2011, 08:07:19 PM

The point is a true franchise QB can overcome a bad defense

So which is it? You say this: 'Funny when it was clear yesterday that defense straight up lost that game for them. Turnovers hurt of course, but that defense got dominated yesterday. If you watched the game you would know that though "

and then say a good Qb should over come a bad defense. What you really mean is, "I talk out of my butt a lot and am a Tebow troll."

The defense lost it? What did the offense do?
Let's review the first half:
4 plays, 1st down on #5 scramble, fumble(2:24)
3 and out.(2:09)
3 and out.(1:20)
3 and out.(1:57)
3 and out.(1:50)
Took a knee at half(:20)

You can't blame this on the defense. They gave up scores and then were right back on the field without any time to rest because of the ineptitiude of the offense. The defense could have played better, but the offense was.....offensive. As for their execution.....I'm all for it.  :D

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 19, 2011, 08:15:12 PM

Plain and simple franchise QB's get the job done regardless of how bad their team's defense is... Look at Tom Brady he plays with a worst defense than us, yet he has his team the number 1 seed. Peyton Manning also shows how he carried a really bad Colts team year in and year out... Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad defense as well... True franchise QB's get the job done no matter what their defense does...
Would love for you to actually do some research on your comments. Look at the first 3 to 4 years of the best qb's in the leauge and let me know how they managed. Give you a little hint not good. But I should not be surprised by someone that has proclaimed someone hall of famer after 7 games. Lets see how teblow does next year! Freeman is 23 years old way to early to write off.

http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbrees/2504775/careerstats
http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/careerstats
http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/careerstats

Exactly. Dude needs to do his homework. Peyton Manning's fourth year in the league he threw 23 INT's and the Colts went 6-10. Remember Jim Mora's famous "Playoffs?" rant? That was mostly directed at Manning for throwing 4 picks against the 49ers.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 19, 2011, 08:19:08 PM

Wherupon Tony Dungy saved the world.

In Verner We Trust

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 19, 2011, 10:01:32 PM

Would love for you to actually do some research on your comments. Look at the first 3 to 4 years of the best qb's in the leauge and let me know how they managed. Give you a little hint not good. But I should not be surprised by someone that has proclaimed someone hall of famer after 7 games. Lets see how teblow does next year! Freeman is 23 years old way to early to write off.

http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbrees/2504775/careerstats
http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/careerstats

Exactly. Dude needs to do his homework. Peyton Manning's fourth year in the league he threw 23 INT's and the Colts went 6-10. Remember Jim Mora's famous "Playoffs?" rant? That was mostly directed at Manning for throwing 4 picks against the 49ers.

Funny video about that rant...

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 19, 2011, 10:21:05 PM

Raheem has lost his players.  He admitted it himself, they don't listen to him.  Losing that respect is like losing your virginity.  You never get it back.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 19, 2011, 10:40:04 PM

You losing your viriginity is not an image we needed before bedtime, caradoc.

In Verner We Trust

PewterG@tor

Starter
#43 : December 20, 2011, 01:40:27 AM

In distinction to several Replica Rolex Datejust, hour hand is around the upper suitable hand nook whereas the minute hand is in the centre from the dial. That is definitely because of the design in the dials. However, it's vital to obtain made use of to Replica Rolex Datejust before you possibly can inform time easily. Due to this fact, to inform time, you have to put every with each other.

Hey bud, your English is really good.  Maybe you could sell me a bunch of those super legit watches.  How much $$??????  Tell me, I have to know!!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 20, 2011, 08:32:10 AM

Raheem has lost his players.  He admitted it himself, they don't listen to him.  Losing that respect is like losing your virginity.  You never get it back.

Well they do have those hymen reattachment surgeries. Perhaps that's a metaphor for getting new players?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What it all boils down to. True Bucs fans, read this, I think you'll agree. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools