Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What it all boils down to. True Bucs fans, read this, I think you'll agree. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 20, 2011, 08:45:06 AM

I would consider my self a True Bucs fan.  I think most still sticking around these boards, talking about the Bucs would be considered True Bucs fans.  BUT, I disagree with bringing back Morris. 

You even gave exactly why they shouldn't ... "The problem in this, is that it seems the Bucs did the same thing. "  Good coaches know you can't just go into a season doing the EXACT same thing you did against mostly SUB-PAR teams the year before.  So instead of growing as a team, we are digressing as a team.  Reason - He and his staff are completely in over their heads.  This experiment is over.  Time to bring in someone who can actually coach a team - someone who know what to do - someone who isn't guessing.

Trust me, once we fire him, we'll hear just how dysfunctional this locker room really is.  We hear how they have his back and how much they love him, but we are starting to hear now that there is sever fighting amungst the players and its not as "peachy" as we are being led to believe.  He still wants to be their BFF instead of their HC.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 20, 2011, 09:10:41 AM

It's ridiculous when you think about it.

Draft a top QB and then surround him with what? A second year 4th round WR, a second year 2nd round WR and a rookie undrafted FA WR. At RB you have a all undrafted FAs. TE is the overrated K2 and a rookie.

Then further challenge him by hiring a coaching staff on the cheap.

Glazers suck.

Wait hold on, Brady is surrounded by WR's who god only knows where they were drafted. His best weapons are second round TE's and his RB's were undrafted types.  Rivers had a R2, R5 and UDFA to make him look good.

Let's not act like draft position is the issue and let's not forget that all these spares and lousy coaches were good enough last year to make Freeman look good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#47 : December 20, 2011, 09:14:53 AM

Draft a top QB and then surround him with what? A second year 4th round WR, a second year 2nd round WR and a rookie undrafted FA WR. At RB you have a all undrafted FAs. TE is the overrated K2 and a rookie.

Glazers suck.

Wait hold on, Brady is surrounded by WR's who god only knows where they were drafted. His best weapons are second round TE's and his RB's were undrafted types.  Rivers had a R2, R5 and UDFA to make him look good.

Let's not act like draft position is the issue and let's not forget that all these spares and lousy coaches were good enough last year to make Freeman look good.

dalbuc your on fire today! Good point, however I do agree it is time to move on from morris at the end of the season

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 20, 2011, 09:22:04 AM

Glazers suck.

Brady is also a system QB. Matt Cassel looked like a stud there too. And Rivers had LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime catching about 60 passes a season when he wasn't rushing for 1,800 yards. Poor comparisons.

As for last season, there were a lot of rookie breakouts. They are having a sophomore slump, as 2nd year players tend to do, which is why it's a tad risky to have your top 4 WR's be 2nd year players.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 20, 2011, 09:28:59 AM

Brady is also a system QB. Matt Cassel looked like a stud there too. And Rivers had LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime catching about 60 passes a season when he wasn't rushing for 1,800 yards. Poor comparisons.

As for last season, there were a lot of rookie breakouts. They are having a sophomore slump, as 2nd year players tend to do, which is why it's a tad risky to have your top 4 WR's be 2nd year players.

Wow, you will just try and pull out any card to make this not about Freeman having a bad year huh. Brady is a system QB, right. So the fact that Rivers had Tomlinson explains why he was a great QB even w/o all the fancy WR baubles - oh and how he got better as Tomlinson declined?  Freeman ins't playing well and anyone not really on this board will look at his game and they all say the same things:
1. Bad footwork
2. Poor field vision
3. Bad accuracy
4. Lack of touch

He's not doomed, he's shown he can play better but pretending that he can't succeed ignores that he has with less talent and his own role in undoing Josh Freeman this season.

There's also no such thing as the sophomore slump. Go find it on guys not named MC80 and our current roster of players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 20, 2011, 11:05:43 AM

Wow, you will just try and pull out any card to make this not about Freeman having a bad year huh.

Where did I say that? Freeman is having a bad year. Never denied it, bro. But to suggest that none of the WR's are is asinine. The meme going on all season from pretty much every announcer that calls a Bucs game is that his receivers aren't helping him out. This isn't a "card" I'm pulling. It's a fact of life.

Brady is a system QB's, right. So the fact that Rivers had Tomlinson explains why he was a great QB even w/o all the fancy WR baubles - oh and how he got better as Tomlinson declined?  Freeman ins't playing well and anyone not really on this board will look at his game and they all say the same things:
1. Bad footwork
2. Poor field vision
3. Bad accuracy
4. Lack of touch
He's not doomed, he's shown he can play better but pretending that he can't succeed ignores that he has with less talent and his own role in undoing Josh Freeman this season.

5. Poor pass blocking
6. Lack of a reliable safety option outside of Kellen Winslow
7. Lack of a consistent running game
8. Receivers who are dropping passes and failing to get open.

I am well aware of what Free isn't doing. Whatever the reason's are for it, he has to do better, and I have no doubt that he well. But you act as though the guy plays in a bubble. The entire offense is not playing well from top to bottom. Our pass protection is mediocre and at time non-existent, our runningbacks can't block or catch, and our WR's struggle to get open. Give me an example of any situation like that you've ever seen where the QB plays lights out football. It doesn't happen. Period.

There's also no such thing as the sophomore slump. Go find it on guys not named MC80 and our current roster of players.

Fair enough. But that doesn't mean that Mike Williams is playing just as well this season as he did last season.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#51 : December 20, 2011, 11:09:13 AM

No, Raheem has been given ample time to keep this team competitive.   Dom has probably one more off season for a last shot.

Plain and simple franchise QB's get the job done regardless of how bad their team's defense is... Look at Tom Brady he plays with a worst defense than us, yet he has his team the number 1 seed. Peyton Manning also shows how he carried a really bad Colts team year in and year out... Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad defense as well... True franchise QB's get the job done no matter what their defense does...

Those QB's don't have bad players on offense.

For years Brady and Manning made their players look better than they actually were

That isn't true based on what we know.

Colts are 1-13 this year, so yes it is very true based on what we know

Marvin Harrison is still a Pro Bowl player on another team.

Is Deion Branch or Wes Welker?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 20, 2011, 11:19:02 AM

No, Raheem has been given ample time to keep this team competitive.   Dom has probably one more off season for a last shot.

Plain and simple franchise QB's get the job done regardless of how bad their team's defense is... Look at Tom Brady he plays with a worst defense than us, yet he has his team the number 1 seed. Peyton Manning also shows how he carried a really bad Colts team year in and year out... Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad defense as well... True franchise QB's get the job done no matter what their defense does...

For years Brady and Manning made their players look better than they actually were

Wes Welker made the Pro Bowl the year Matt Cassel started 15 games in place of Tom Brady, so there's your answer to at least one of those guys.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 20, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Wes Welker made the Pro Bowl the year Matt Cassel started 15 games in place of Tom Brady, so there's your answer to at least one of those guys.
How? Welker was still on the Patriots right? alldaway was referring to receivers being Pro Bowlers on other teams, Welker and Branch played on other teams, not the best results. Their known as good receivers based on being Patriots.
 Brady is good, but I think that is because he and Bledsoe fit BB's offensive scheme (and Cassel) --I'm not ripping Brady, I truly believe the Patriots offense is due to BB and his ability to find and work with qb's that will make his system go. I was referring to the Charger or Dolphin version of Welker.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What it all boils down to. True Bucs fans, read this, I think you'll agree. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools