Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Blown Out 11 Times In 3 Years The Same Amount As Gruden In 7 Years « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 19, 2011, 06:42:04 PM

You really don't need this "blowout" stat to support any question that Morris' teams haven't performed well. But why even bring Gruden into the discussion? Different teams, different assistant coaches, different players, different opponents.

Bro, that is just how things work. Everything in the NFL will always be compared to other things that have happened in the past in this league. You can say the same thing about everything, but it's not that unfair of a judgment...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 19, 2011, 06:45:11 PM

You mean the SD game in which we led in the fourth quarter? The Carolina game in which we were right there in the fourth quarter? The Oakland game we were ahead by TEN by in the fourth quarter?
Your memory says a lot about your feelings towards Gruden. You hate him. But the data doesn't suggest anything in reality supports your opinion.
Furthermore, to suggest we weren't blown out Saturday is a joke. It was 28-0 at halftime. Because we got within 16 that's better than those other 2008 games?
I won't insult you or be uncivil, but it's very tempting.

I don't hate Gruden.

You can look at the threads after the 2008 season and I'm quite certain I was one of the posters saying we would stick with him.

I'd definitely consider the Cowboys game and maybe even the Detroit game this year as blowouts as well. It was the OP that defined a blowout as a 3+ score deficit. I was more going off the feel of the game, not necessarily the final box score.

I was just as disgusted after those San Diego and Oakland losses as I was after the Jacksonville loss this year. Maybe even more so because we controlled our own destiny for a playoff spot in 2008.

Saying we were "in it" against Carolina is a sham. If Carolina wanted too they could have beaten us by 49.

I dont know what the OPs point was (not knocking you T.F.Trauma) but mine is towards the end of the Gruden era our team was just as pathetic as it is now.

I however don't feel the same as I did at the end of 2008, I think it definitely is time to move on from Raheem.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 19, 2011, 06:49:08 PM

Good point Sunny. But are you talking about the MNF game? We were definitely in it. As for the end of the Gruden Era, they were 9-3. Then they got hurt and lost an OT game against Atlanta, heartbreaker late vs. Oakland and came up against two hot teams (Carolina and San Diego). The Chargers, for whatever reason, are always a team you want to play early and never late in the season.
But I must disagree about how pathetic they were. This is the worst I have felt about a Bucs team EVER. Yes, worse than 1991 or 1986 or 1983 even. The late Gruden Bucs didn't quit. This team has.

In Verner We Trust

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 19, 2011, 06:50:10 PM

You mean the SD game in which we led in the fourth quarter? The Carolina game in which we were right there in the fourth quarter? The Oakland game we were ahead by TEN by in the fourth quarter?
Your memory says a lot about your feelings towards Gruden. You hate him. But the data doesn't suggest anything in reality supports your opinion.
Furthermore, to suggest we weren't blown out Saturday is a joke. It was 28-0 at halftime. Because we got within 16 that's better than those other 2008 games?
I won't insult you or be uncivil, but it's very tempting.

I don't hate Gruden.

You can look at the threads after the 2008 season and I'm quite certain I was one of the posters saying we would stick with him.

I'd definitely consider the Cowboys game and maybe even the Detroit game this year as blowouts as well. It was the OP that defined a blowout as a 3+ score deficit. I was more going off the feel of the game, not necessarily the final box score.

I was just as disgusted after those San Diego and Oakland losses as I was after the Jacksonville loss this year. Maybe even more so because we controlled our own destiny for a playoff spot in 2008.

Saying we were "in it" against Carolina is a sham. If Carolina wanted too they could have beaten us by 49.

I dont know what the OPs point was (not knocking you T.F.Trauma) but mine is towards the end of the Gruden era our team was just as pathetic as it is now.

I however don't feel the same as I did at the end of 2008, I think it definitely is time to move on from Raheem.

Well, I felt totally disgusted needing one game in four games and not making it, but I liked Gruden as the coach. This year I just laugh at how bad we are

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 19, 2011, 06:51:07 PM

I think it's pretty clear the Buccaneers made the wrong hire following the 2008 season.

However, In hindsight, I think it's clear that a change had to be made at that juncture.

Gruden will always be a better head coach and play caller than Raheem Morris. I think thats pretty clear, but I think jerseybucsfan might have been accusing me of believing the opposite.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#35 : December 19, 2011, 06:53:04 PM

Oh, I get it. This is just one of those, "we should never have gotten rid of Gruden threads".

Nevermind.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 19, 2011, 06:53:33 PM

Well bad thing about the internet is you don't know someone's tone when they say something and there is misunderstandings

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 19, 2011, 06:55:24 PM

Oh, I get it. This is just one of those, "we should never have gotten rid of Gruden threads".

Nevermind.

Well, I rather have Gruden, but this thread was really to show how bad a "defensive head coach" has been on the defensive side of the ball

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 19, 2011, 06:56:49 PM

Yeah Morris is awful.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 19, 2011, 06:58:16 PM

The late Gruden Bucs didn't quit.

I saw a lot of quit by the Buccaneers defense in the three games we are talking about. Especially the Carolina game.

But that probably had more to do with Monte Kiffin than Gruden.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 19, 2011, 06:58:36 PM

Nevermind.

Well, I rather have Gruden, but this thread was really to show how bad a "defensive head coach" has been on the defensive side of the ball

Fool me once.....never to be fooled again.

Didn't dawn on me that we're still waiting for the day that Jon returns.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 19, 2011, 06:58:47 PM

Hopefully our next hc has much less than both.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : December 19, 2011, 06:59:19 PM

Experienced Coach vs. Rookie Coach...

Experienced Team vs. Youngest Team...

Money Spent vs. Draft Only...

Malcolm Glazer vs. Glazer Bums...

Apples vs. Oranges...
This... 100%.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 19, 2011, 06:59:53 PM

Were you in a coma in 2008?

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 19, 2011, 07:00:10 PM

I saw a lot of quit by the Buccaneers defense in the three games we are talking about. Especially the Carolina game.

But that probably had more to do with Monte Kiffin than Gruden.

It was definitely Kiffin saying he was leaving that ripped the heart right out of that defense

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Blown Out 11 Times In 3 Years The Same Amount As Gruden In 7 Years « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools