Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One coach the Bucs are DEFINITELY interested in « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 20, 2011, 10:58:31 AM

Do you think Norv could get Freeman to play like Rivers?
he already is

Zing! 

BucD

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 20, 2011, 10:58:57 AM

So this guy says that he's a former player and that some how gives him inside knowledge and you all believe it?? lol
he's been coming here for years but it's been awhile.  He's never given us reason to doubt him.

So what inside knowledge has he given and been spot on about in the past??

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 20, 2011, 10:59:06 AM

So this guy says that he's a former player and that some how gives him inside knowledge and you all believe it?? lol

What if you are Dan Turk?

What if I'm Mark Dominik?

Work on your tan.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 20, 2011, 10:59:35 AM

Then computer savy people are going to trace your IP address, locate you, and come visit you to have "a chat"

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 20, 2011, 11:00:08 AM

I like that they want to upgrade the OC with a veteran coach. I'm more interested to see who will be the DC. I feel a lot less concerned about them retaining Morris IF he has no playcalling ability. Put some actual veteran coaches under him. 

With that being said, I hope he kicks rocks and Bill Cowher comes to town. Imagine Bill Cowher as HC/DC with Norv Turner as OC. Would that even work?

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

BucD

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 20, 2011, 11:00:31 AM

Work on your tan.

Beat ya to it....not like I've had to do anything else this season.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 20, 2011, 11:00:55 AM

Then computer savy people are going to trace your IP address, locate you, and come visit you to have "a chat"

Sounds kinky...

moose40

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 20, 2011, 11:01:12 AM

Do you think Norv could get Freeman to play like Rivers?
he already is

Zing!
Come on now, interceptions are similar, but Rivers has 23 tds and 4000 yards. That's not Freeman-like

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 20, 2011, 11:01:34 AM

Work on your tan.

Beat ya to it....not like I've had to do anything else this season.

+1

Haha.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : December 20, 2011, 11:02:23 AM

There's one name coach that I know for absolute certain the Glazers have a definite interest in, should he become available after this season, and that's Norv Turner.

Fourteen seasons as a head coach, only THREE seasons with double-digit wins.

No thanks, Glazers.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 20, 2011, 11:02:31 AM

oh god.  does that mean Morris is staying?

I don't know the answer to that one, S&B. I do know that the Glazer sons have expressed a definite interest in Turner, and you're right -- it could be a situation in which they intend to keep Heem as HC and supplement him with competent coordinators. However, one problem that could stand in their way would be if Turner expressed a lack of interest in working under Morris, which I would say is highly likely. If that's the case and they really want Turner in here, then they'd either have to make him the HC from jump, or promise him that Morris is on a short leash in 2012, that they wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, and Turner would be named the new HC in his place.

I know the Glazer interest in Turner is real but I'm not exactly sure in what capacity. Still, Turner may not be interested in Tampa Bay unless he's hired as the HC outright.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 20, 2011, 11:09:01 AM

There's one name coach that I know for absolute certain the Glazers have a definite interest in, should he become available after this season, and that's Norv Turner.

As OC, i'm definitely up for that!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 20, 2011, 11:16:02 AM

Turner may not get fired. If the Chargers make the playoffs he's likely gonna stay put.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#28 : December 20, 2011, 11:18:11 AM

You haven't been around long enough......

watson

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 20, 2011, 11:18:53 AM

As OC, i'm definitely up for that!!
Maybe they can convince Dave Wanstedtt to be the DC......put the old Dallas coordinator team back together agan.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One coach the Bucs are DEFINITELY interested in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools