Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official "Hire Marty Schottenheimer" Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 85

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 02, 2012, 10:02:20 PM

Marty sealed his fate when he chose Grbac over Gannon.

He sealed his fate? His teams always overachieve. And Gannon was total crap except for a few years in OAK. Gannon probably wasn't a good fit for his system. Gannon was a West Coast QB. Marty is as far from a West Coast coach as you will find. That's part of why I like him. He isn't going to try some BS shifting and motion and JJ QB sneak BS. He will line his guys up and bash you in the mouth and grind down the field on you, with fundamentally sound football. And his players will be prepared, or they will be gone. he will hold everyone accountable.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#61 : January 02, 2012, 10:06:06 PM

He sealed his fate? His teams always overachieve. And Gannon was total crap except for a few years in OAK. Gannon probably wasn't a good fit for his system. Gannon was a West Coast QB. Marty is as far from a West Coast coach as you will find. That's part of why I like him. He isn't going to try some BS shifting and motion and JJ QB sneak BS. He will line his guys up and bash you in the mouth and grind down the field on you, with fundamentally sound football. And his players will be prepared, or they will be gone. he will hold everyone accountable.

Gannon wasn't crap, especially compared to Grbac.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 02, 2012, 10:09:39 PM

Well, we got Freeman-- so there's no QB controversy here!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 02, 2012, 10:14:08 PM

Well, we got Freeman-- so there's no QB controversy here!!

What if Marty wants to draft RG3?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 02, 2012, 10:16:38 PM

Relaxxxxx. We'll cross that bridge in 4 months...

Do you want a proven TEAM BUILDER on the NFL level??

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 02, 2012, 10:18:58 PM

I love the defenses Marty fields though. 

sg1977nc

Starter
#66 : January 02, 2012, 10:35:06 PM

Great Coach.  He will change the tone around here, the players will be professionals again.  No more BS half hearted efforts.  Quality scouting and position coaches to identify talented players and the develop them into stars.  Hard / smart practices and good game plans to get the players ready and put them in position to win.  All he ever needed was better coordinators and better QB play to help him out in the playoffs and he would have won the big one once or twice for sure.  I seem to remember like a half dozen years that his Browns , Chiefs and Chargers had among the best records in the NFL (like 12 to 14 wins), and that with all 3 clubs he sent dozens of guys to probowls.   I think he is one of the all time greats in terms of wins (8th) and win % (22nd).

Ripper

Rookie

#67 : January 02, 2012, 10:59:51 PM

Had to login for this one Marty was my 1st choice after Gruden and he is my 1st choice now...Please go get this guy he really is money

fourd5dswb

Second String

#68 : January 02, 2012, 11:09:38 PM

Amen!

pr0711

Rookie

#69 : January 02, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Mike Holmgren....

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#70 : January 02, 2012, 11:30:00 PM

No Marty.

KCBuc

Starter

#71 : January 02, 2012, 11:34:51 PM

Gannon wasn't crap, especially compared to Grbac.

This is absolutely true. If I remember correctly, 2 out of 3 years Gannon got the Chiefs to 13-3 records while the starter was out (first with Bono, then with Grbac). Marty in his wisdom then replaced Gannon in the playoffs when the starters were healthy and lost both times (miserably).

Gannon was outstanding WAY before he got to Oakland. It's complete BS that Gruden made Gannon successful. Gruden was just the first one to make him the featured QB.

But yeah, Marty's handling of Gannon was easily his biggest mistake as a HC. It wasn't what ended his time in KC, though.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#72 : January 02, 2012, 11:42:23 PM

Um, KCBuc, you might want to go to NFL.com.......and take some "memory pills".  Gannon's stats are right there in plain sight.

They don't match what you're saying.

KCBuc

Starter

#73 : January 02, 2012, 11:50:00 PM

Marty is absolutely the PERFECT CHOICE for this team. As someone who had season tix with the Chiefs during most of his run in KC, I can tell you he's exactly what this team needs. I don't think there's ever been a more perfect fit of team, situation and coach. It'd probably take him a year to straighten this mess out, but I'm sure he'd get us to the playoffs in 2013 (if not sooner).

People have to remember that Dungy, Cowher and Edwards were all assistants in KC under Marty. With a mess like this, bring in the Godfather!

The only problem with Marty is that he'd come with Brian and Kurt.

I heard DA Duemig basically calling people who wanted Marty uneducated idiots. He has no idea what he's talking about. Marty would absolutely come out of retirement to coach this team. He was disrespected in both SD and Washington, and I could tell from his interviews at the Derrick Thomas HOA Induction that it really eats at him that he hasn't had a chance to fix his reputation.

Make it happen Glazers!!! This is the perfect fit for this team!!!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#74 : January 02, 2012, 11:55:32 PM

Great comments, guys.  (!)   

Keep them coming in.  :D
: January 03, 2012, 01:17:39 PM TheChronicHotAir

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 85
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official "Hire Marty Schottenheimer" Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools