Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will YOU do if HE Stays? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: December 22, 2011, 07:52:50 AM

Just curious - what would you do if Raheem Morris is retained or Geebus Forbid EXTENDED?

What if nothing changes - Olsen stays and Rah keeps his DC duties....

REACT!  ;D
: December 22, 2011, 08:27:30 AM JasonOfthetower

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 22, 2011, 08:07:45 AM

at the very least I would take a year off from following the NFL.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 22, 2011, 08:13:50 AM

No matter what happens, it won't change whether or not I renew my tickets, because I already did.

I've lived thru worse with this team. 70's, 80's and early 90's weren't at all pretty (except for a couple of years) and I didn't give up my tickets then. Won't do it now.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

tonto

Starter

#3 : December 22, 2011, 08:15:22 AM

Spend more time with the family.   The strike years proved folks can live without it.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 22, 2011, 08:15:30 AM

Nothin...
Just hope for the best. This team needs a change though. Whether or not Rah is a good coach doesnt matter anymore. You cant start well, then completely tank like they have and keep your job.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : December 22, 2011, 08:22:58 AM

I've decided to keep following the team, keep pulling for the Bucs. I'll continue to follow the draft, go to games, watch the away games on the HDTV. I'll keep criticizing the when I think it's needed. The largest extent to showing my displeasure is here on this forum. It's very likely that he'll stay.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 22, 2011, 08:26:24 AM

I'll be angry, bitter, annoyed.... What am I supposed to do? My fandom isn't conditional on wins and losses, but my purchasing of team goods to a degree is. So I'll watch every game on NFL Sunday Ticket as usual, but purchase less gear if they stay this bad.
The only thing we CAN do if Raheem stays is hope we're wrong and that the team bounces back. And I would expect more wins. The problem is not 2012 so much as if the Bucs win 7 or 8 games it becomes an excuse to keep him around through 2013 too.

In Verner We Trust

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 22, 2011, 08:28:06 AM

Same as this year, Go golfing on Sundays and DVR the games and decide during the week if I want to watch it. It's a pretty sad commentary as I used to listen to the home games on an AM radio during the suck years and now I skip games that are in HD.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 22, 2011, 08:29:46 AM

it would prove more than anything the Glazers don't care about winning a championship.  That they just want to go the cheap route.  if the owners don't care I'm not going to continue to care.  there would be no reward in it.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 22, 2011, 08:30:46 AM

To answer my own question - nothing, really. I will always be a fan of this team, whomever the coach is. I thought I'd always go to all the games, too, have been for about 30 years now but I think I'm definitely going to cut my attendance in half (I've already surrendered my season tickets).  Still, no matter what - I'll be watching one way or another.

I just don't think I need to donate to Manchester United - they make enough money on their own.

tonto

Starter

#10 : December 22, 2011, 08:34:11 AM

The problem is not 2012 so much as if the Bucs win 7 or 8 games it becomes an excuse to keep him around through 2013 too.

You said it.  The opportunity is now.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : December 22, 2011, 08:34:43 AM

There are Buc fans who will stick with them through thick and thin, then there are others that are fair weather and only show up when the team is good. This thread will identify who is fair weather. I remember going to games in the 1980s and you'd see the real fans sitting in the Sombrerro during the Culverhouse days.
: December 22, 2011, 08:37:29 AM morgan

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 22, 2011, 08:34:54 AM

Fair enough, Jason. What's sad is that the ownership is quickly making going to games an option many people won't even CONSIDER.
From a PR standpoint, you really have to fire Raheem now. Keeping him will just underline their disconnect with the fanbase.

In Verner We Trust

tonto

Starter

#13 : December 22, 2011, 08:41:35 AM

There are Buc fans who will stick with them through thick and thin, then there are others that are fair weather and only show up when the team is good. This thread will identify who is fair weather. I remember going to games in the 1980s and you'd see the real fans sitting in the Sombrerro during the Culverhouse days.

Not only sitting in the stands, but sitting there till the end of the game.  I've paid my dues.  I want a change now.

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#14 : December 22, 2011, 08:43:23 AM

Let the tickets expire, might buy a game or two as one offs.

DVR the games and think about watching them after spending more time with the family at Busch Gardens, Disney, the Beach, etc ..

Honestly pretty much used to the idea of not having football already after 3 years of Morris.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will YOU do if HE Stays? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools